SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my hellcat at the Jim browne dodge in Tampa Florida. Im getting a code and check engine light that had to do with the fuel pump,Also oil change and tire rotation as well as a slight screech on the front right rim. The dealer called me and said I needed rotors as well as pads $2400.00 I almost choked. What sucks is I went to ferman dodge in port Rickey fl 4 months ago and explained to the service guy that from time to time when I hit the brakes it squeaks and to please check while they were doing the oil change. When they finished I ask the service guy if everything was fine and he told me that all hellcats brakes squeek and that the brembo pads were good for a hundred thousand miles not to worry pads were brand new. I'm very angry about the situation for the simple fact if they would've done there job correct at my local dodge like they did at Browne in Tampa I wouldn't have to be replacing rotors. My question to you guys is what's the best way for me to handle this. What do you guys think should I call corporate or get an attorney or am I just shit out of luck.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
689 Posts
SOL, TAKE ON CHIN.. not worth aggravation,, do it yourself and buying parts will be close to that.. so if you're piped with dealer and don't want more problems.. get to work.. most dealers are difficult but good ones do exist.. good luck.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks for the advice Jaque,I'm just pissed at the way they act at my local dodges. When you spend that type of money on a car you expect the best service possible. The first week I bought my Cat I had to take it in for a shock replacement at another dodge close to me in brooksville the service guy pretty much made me feel like Chrysler doesn't really give a shit about there customers when I asked him about a loaner car since it was warranty work that was gonna take a few days. He looked at me and said where do you think you are Chrysler does not provide loaners for there customer. I was shocked I never have that problem at BMW,Jaguar or Ford. I love my Cat it runs way faster then my M6 in no way shape or form am I disappointed in the way my Hellcat performs just there service at majority of the Dodges in Tampa Fl. How's your Dodge treat you in Chi town.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
321 Posts
I'd actually like to see a State by State listing of GOOD Dodge Dealerships, wouldn't take a whole lot of room to post up I don't think.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,532 Posts
How many miles are on the car? Unless you track it or drive like a madman you shouldn't need brakes for at least 50k.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,367 Posts
Regardless of how much you paid, it's JUST a car to them. No more important than that lowly base model four banger Dodge Dart.....and honestly there's not much wrong with that.

Folks tend to think because they spent a lot of money, they deserve perks or something. Well, ya know that base model Dart can be a lot of money to some, where's their perks?

You're a customer just like they are. Your financial standing doesn't mean you get your ass kissed more. I'm still missing what part of this is crooked by the dealer; one said you need brakes, one said you didn't. I can take a vehicle to 5 different dealers and get 5 different lists of stuff to be replaced. The onus is ON YOU to see if they're legit; the one may just not have wanted to work on your car, they could have a line of better paying stuff to work on and don't want your car taking up a spot, especially figuring you think you're entitled to some extra special treatment because you spent $70k on a $30k car with a big engine.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
.... YES , hire an attorney, at least tell and threaten to anyway... they've never had that happen before.
.... yes to State attorney involvement; maybe they'll call on the National Guard.
.... let's all riot as well... Brake Pad Life's Matter !!,.,,
...or Man up , go see the Service Tech Head Dude in Charge and explain yourself to them. Might not help a bit but you get your say and they get the chance to respond ... it just get the pitchforks out and let's raise a little Hell !!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
669 Posts
Well the first dealer just sounds lazy making a generalization like "all Hellcats breaks squeal" seems like a cop out to me. My car has almost 2000 miles on it and I haven't heard a single noise from the brakes. I'm thinking they probably didn't even check the brakes. As has been mentioned in other posts throughout the forums dealers have no vested interest in completing warranty work as they make significantly less than than non-warranty work.

As for a loaner car I'm pretty sure that is up to the individual dealer. However, if you have purchased a Mopar Protection Plan it does in fact include rental car allowances.

Halfway down this page it talks about rental cars - FAQs | Mopar Vehicle Protection | Dodge Vehicle Owners

Of course I'm not sure if rental cars are covered under the standard "factory" warranty or if they are only covered under the extended warranties you can buy nor do I know when that benefit becomes available if your still in the "factory" warranty period.

At the end of the day as the consumer you get to vote on their service with your wallet. While you may be SOL overall if it was me I certainly wouldn't go back to that particular dealer. If you really are that upset about it you could also contact Chrysler directly to see if there is any recourse.

I had a local dealer where I bought a new 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 (sold Chrysler, Toyota and Mazdas) that gave me a bunch of run around on service for the truck. I had it in and they did some "adjustment" to it and it started shifting funny holding gears too long etc... I ended up taking it back to them 3 times and they kept telling me it was shifting correctly and I kept telling them no its not. Basically, said it was fine you guys made an adjustment now its not fine so obviously something you did screwed it up. Eventually I got tired of the BS so I took it to another dealer. One of their techs told me to take him for a test drive and explain to him what was happening. So we go down the road and I show him how its holding the gears too long. He has me stop on the side of the road and gets out and adjusts some kind of linkage and we go down the road some more and it is shifting fine. So one dealer has it 3 times and keeps dicking me around and this other dealer fixes it in the span of 15 minutes. I end up getting a call from my salesman at the original dealer telling me a regional Chrysler rep was going to be there to do a round table with customers related to their service experience. So needless to say I showed up and relayed exactly what my experience was. About 2 months later I receive a notice in the mail that the original dealer has lost their Five Star Service rating from Chrysler and that they are selling the Chrysler portion of their business to a new dealership.

Reactions: gasser

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
160 Posts
I just had my hellcat at the Jim browne dodge in Tampa Florida. Im getting a code and check engine light that had to do with the fuel pump,Also oil change and tire rotation as well as a slight screech on the front right rim. The dealer called me and said I needed rotors as well as pads $2400.00 I almost choked. What sucks is I went to ferman dodge in port Rickey fl 4 months ago and explained to the service guy that from time to time when I hit the brakes it squeaks and to please check while they were doing the oil change. When they finished I ask the service guy if everything was fine and he told me that all hellcats brakes squeek and that the brembo pads were good for a hundred thousand miles not to worry pads were brand new. I'm very angry about the situation for the simple fact if they would've done there job correct at my local dodge like they did at Browne in Tampa I wouldn't have to be replacing rotors. My question to you guys is what's the best way for me to handle this. What do you guys think should I call corporate or get an attorney or am I just shit out of luck.
You should contact Dodge to check it's they are under warranty. Unless you have over 36,000 miles you should be covered bumper to bumper. Brake rotors should last as long as the brakes Best of luck.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,268 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not the amount of money you spend on the car, but the manufacturer. You can buy a certified PreOwned BMW for 30k, and the level of service you get is top notch, as if you bought a 100k car. That's the truth. Dodge, like most brands are for every day people, and affordable. They operate much differently than a luxury or exotic dealer. When I had my C63 AMG in for service, there was a woman that had a ML SUV, that had50-60k miles. She needed new brakes and rotors. She had some sort of package that would normally cover that, but she was out by like 10k miles. They honored that and replaced everything for free. My jaw dropped. My father had a similar experience with his MB, where he cracked some plastic mounding in the trunk. He did it himself and they replaced it, no cost. Plus the attention you get and the whole experience is nice. Big difference when I go to Dodge for my truck and car, and when I go to Audi for my SUV service.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
539 Posts
You should contact Dodge to check it's they are under warranty. Unless you have over 36,000 miles you should be covered bumper to bumper. Break rotors should last as long as the breaks. Best of luck.
Warranty manual, section 2.1, F. states brakes, ( rotors, pads, linings, and drums ) are 12 months, 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,181 Posts
i'd think the place in tampa is the one ripping you off. why do they claim you need new brakes? yes most brembros will make some noise. how many miles do you have? are they all track miles? i have 20k miles and my pads are not even 1/2 worn. i have never been on a track with this car so maybe that's it?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
539 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not the amount of money you spend on the car, but the manufacturer. You can buy a certified PreOwned BMW for 30k, and the level of service you get is top notch, as if you bought a 100k car. That's the truth. Dodge, like most brands are for every day people, and affordable. They operate much differently than a luxury or exotic dealer. When I had my C63 AMG in for service, there was a woman that had a ML SUV, that had50-60k miles. She needed new brakes and rotors. She had some sort of package that would normally cover that, but she was out by like 10k miles. They honored that and replaced everything for free. My jaw dropped. My father had a similar experience with his MB, where he cracked some plastic mounding in the trunk. He did it himself and they replaced it, no cost. Plus the attention you get and the whole experience is nice. Big difference when I go to Dodge for my truck and car, and when I go to Audi for my SUV service.
It's the dealer. Servicing my old Benz was costly, but they were friendly. However I had to fight to get them to replace a TPM sensor under warranty. They claimed it was damaged during my tire replacement. It wasn't, unless the tire change guy beat it with a hammer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,268 Posts
That is true too. But in my experience, the brands have shown me a big difference.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
489 Posts
im creeping up on 9k miles and my brakes and rotors will be toast soon.. i anticipate no more than 3-4k miles then replace. for some reason, i do feel the pads are way more resilient than the rotors.

the rotors edge lip is getting pretty edgey

(P.S I DRIVE LIKE I STOLE IT 95% OF THE TIME)
(P.S.S my brakes never really used to squeek, now for the last 1000 miles, it wont go away. im ok with it because racecar...its not as bad as my old wrangler)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,661 Posts
Yeah thanks for the advice Jaque,I'm just pissed at the way they act at my local dodges. When you spend that type of money on a car you expect the best service possible. The first week I bought my Cat I had to take it in for a shock replacement at another dodge close to me in brooksville the service guy pretty much made me feel like Chrysler doesn't really give a shit about there customers when I asked him about a loaner car since it was warranty work that was gonna take a few days. He looked at me and said where do you think you are Chrysler does not provide loaners for there customer. I was shocked I never have that problem at BMW,Jaguar or Ford. I love my Cat it runs way faster then my M6 in no way shape or form am I disappointed in the way my Hellcat performs just there service at majority of the Dodges in Tampa Fl. How's your Dodge treat you in Chi town.
The dealership experience is nuts here in FL & service is hit or miss. I won't go to the closest dealer (7 miles away) - they are idiots & the one you went to in B'ville has never been much better. I do know a few of the SR's at the one in Homosassa and they treat me (and my Cat) very well. The one luxury you do have being closer to Tampa is the wealth of quality independent shops for non-warranty work.

There are some dealers with good reps around, like the one I bought my Cat from, but they seem far flung. If Vero Beach wasn't almost 200 miles from me, I'd be using them for service.

To be honest, I've had spotty service even with my Infiniti's. The big dealer in Orlando is crap, ditto the Tampa shop (tho they were great back in the 90's). Lokey still does a great job, but they are a 90+ minute drive - at least I get a free loaner from them !

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,301 Posts
2400 for brakes is about the going rate. I had brake squeal on both my HC's. That one was a constant sqeal that was very prominent when you were driving with a k-rail on your left. They replaced the caliper pins and that solved that problems. The brakes are still noisy so I called and had them note it on my account. Our second Hellcat has the same brake noises so I called my dealer again to have that noted for when I bring it in next. The noisy brakes do seem common but that really should not affect the brake lining or rotors. How many miles on it?

Depending on what mileage you had when you took it in the first time and the mileage when the second dealer told you you needed to replace, I would contact SRT. They helped me out a lot when my dealer told me a replacement M6 could take 3 weeks or 3 months. After working with SRT, they had a trans at the dealer within a week.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Regardless of how much you paid, it's JUST a car to them. No more important than that lowly base model four banger Dodge Dart.....and honestly there's not much wrong with that.

Folks tend to think because they spent a lot of money, they deserve perks or something. Well, ya know that base model Dart can be a lot of money to some, where's their perks?

You're a customer just like they are. Your financial standing doesn't mean you get your ass kissed more. I'm still missing what part of this is crooked by the dealer; one said you need brakes, one said you didn't. I can take a vehicle to 5 different dealers and get 5 different lists of stuff to be replaced. The onus is ON YOU to see if they're legit; the one may just not have wanted to work on your car, they could have a line of better paying stuff to work on and don't want your car taking up a spot, especially figuring you think you're entitled to some extra special treatment because you spent $70k on a $30k car with a big engine.
Maybe you miss understood me but in no way shape or form do I expect special treatment or the red carpet rolled out for me. But yes I do expect whether it's a dart or hellcat that when your there making the purchase and you ask them all these questions ,loaners ,warranty ,etc. and they say they provide.Then when it's time to use those things it's a total different story. So no I don't expect anything they didn't sell me on to begin with. I figured this site is for fellow Hellcat owners and not people that expect there ass's kissed for spending 70k on a 30k vehicle but deserve to get what there promised and I never revealed my financial standings I work hard for the cars I own and did it on my own nothing's been handed to me so it's important I get what I pay for.

So what mean about crooked dodges I'm talking about the dodges in my area which they are crooked. You don't tell a customer you checked something when you didn't, causing it to screw up worse just because they were to lazy.Or tell them they can't replace certain things and you go to another dodge an hour and a half away and they say different,and they provide a loaner as expected.
Even the managers at the new dodge say there's a lot of dodges out there like this unfortunately.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2400 for brakes is about the going rate. I had brake squeal on both my HC's. That one was a constant sqeal that was very prominent when you were driving with a k-rail on your left. They replaced the caliper pins and that solved that problems. The brakes are still noisy so I called and had them note it on my account. Our second Hellcat has the same brake noises so I called my dealer again to have that noted for when I bring it in next. The noisy brakes do seem common but that really should not affect the brake lining or rotors. How many miles on it?

Depending on what mileage you had when you took it in the first time and the mileage when the second dealer told you you needed to replace, I would contact SRT. They helped me out a lot when my dealer told me a replacement M6 could take 3 weeks or 3 months. After working with SRT, they had a trans at the dealer within a week.
Thanks for the reply when I took it in the first time and they lied I was 11,765 miles. Now I'm almost to 15k miles when they told me my brakes and rotors are shot at the new dodge I'm going to.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts