SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, got around to taking pics of my new CT5 Blackwing. Options I selected were Electric Blue paint, Red Calipers, Red seat belts, Satin black wheels, and of course the 6 speed manual transmission. I had the Carbon fiber front and rear spoiler options in the very beginning but was told by the dealer that GM wouldn’t pick up my order due to CF shortages. So the Carbon fiber stuff went out the window. Took almost 1 year from the order date to delivery. The car handles amazingly well and has gobs of power. The rev match shift mode is smooth and makes this thing super easy to drive. Clutch feel is very light, transmission shifts are crisp with just the perfect touch of notchiness. It’s super quiet in the cabin, even in V mode. I was shocked at how loud it was when I started it up with the windows down. I have to remember it is a Cadillac, so it will be kinda “refined”. My only 2 complaints: 1 - clutch pedal is a little too light for my liking. I would’ve liked a slightly heavier feel. 2 - No blackwing badging anywhere! The Carbon fiber seat options (which are an insanely priced option) supposedly have a tiny “blackwing” label on the upper portion of the seat. That’s it! I have the base seats, so I didn’t get Jack squat! In any case, the car is absolutely amazing. Saying the car does everything extremely well is not an exaggeration!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Grille

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,542 Posts
Finally, got around to taking pics of my new CT5 Blackwing. Options I selected were Electric Blue paint, Red Calipers, Red seat belts, Satin black wheels, and of course the 6 speed manual transmission. I had the Carbon fiber front and rear spoiler options in the very beginning but was told by the dealer that GM wouldn’t pick up my order due to CF shortages. So the Carbon fiber stuff went out the window. Took almost 1 year from the order date to delivery. The car handles amazingly well and has gobs of power. The rev match shift mode is smooth and makes this thing super easy to drive. Clutch feel is very light, transmission shifts are crisp with just the perfect touch of notchiness. It’s super quiet in the cabin, even in V mode. I was shocked at how loud it was when I started it up with the windows down. I have to remember it is a Cadillac, so it will be kinda “refined”. My only 2 complaints: 1 - clutch pedal is a little too light for my liking. I would’ve liked a slightly heavier feel. 2 - No blackwing badging anywhere! The Carbon fiber seat options (which are an insanely priced option) supposedly have a tiny “blackwing” label on the upper portion of the seat. That’s it! I have the base seats, so I didn’t get Jack squat! In any case, the car is absolutely amazing. Saying the car does everything extremely well is not an exaggeration!
View attachment 600284 View attachment 600285 View attachment 600286 View attachment 600287
It's a 4 door ZL1 so I'm not surprised. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,624 Posts
stunning. I'm still confused with the blackwing naming but will move on. car is sick great color too!

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,685 Posts
I saw one in person at the shop getting PPF. THey look great in person. If I had the money, I'd buy one. Those to me are the ultimate daily driver!

I love my JB more for a muscle car, but the black wing is a better all around machine I'll agree!
I have a good friend who's a new car sales manager at Cadillac here in Tallahassee. He said that the Blackwing is a pretty tough sell right now, due to the fact that at its pricepoint, it's nearly the same price as an M5, and the M5 is the better car. He said that of the Blackwings they've ordered, well over 80% were manuals. This makes sense as the M5 doesn't come with a stick option. It also doesn't help him that the BMW dealership is next door to his dealership.

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,558 Posts
I have a good friend who's a new car sales manager at Cadillac here in Tallahassee. He said that the Blackwing is a pretty tough sell right now, due to the fact that at its pricepoint, it's nearly the same price as an M5, and the M5 is the better car. He said that of the Blackwings they've ordered, well over 80% were manuals. This makes sense as the M5 doesn't come with a stick option. It also doesn't help him that the BMW dealership is next door to his dealership.
I’ve always heard BMW prices free fall as far as resale. One of the worst brands.
Wouldn’t the black wing retain more resale value?d

to me that is important at these price points. One of a few reasons I bought the hellcat vice a Mercedes or BMW.

·
BMF
4,995 Posts
Congratulations
Serious Serious Car.
I have a 22 ZL1 and it’s a pure Animal Beast Mode Super Car.
Enjoy

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I’ve always heard BMW prices free fall as far as resale. One of the worst brands.
Wouldn’t the black wing retain more resale value?d

to me that is important at these price points. One of a few reasons I bought the hellcat vice a Mercedes or BMW.
Most new BMW owners lease. I'd almost be willing to bet that most new 120k+ cars are leased, especially true when bought by people who habitually flip cars every 2-3 years. This way you always have a new BMW and never have any of the maintenance problems. I haven't seriously shopped BMWs in a while, but for the recent past, BMW was running insanely generous lease terms. A few years ago, you could lease a brand new, well optioned 3 series for under $500/mo. But yes, BMWs crater pretty hard. It's hard to say what the Blackwing will do because it's a bit of an odd duck. It's a good car, but it is not a very high in-demand car, so it isn't going to have Hellcat-like long term pricing, I don't think.

The buyer demographic on BMWs is wholly different than performance muscle cars. I think the average new BMW buyer is not someone who generally keeps a car long-term. Nor are they concerned with wanting to maintain a vehicle. They use them for prestige, business transportation, etc. Therefore, they tend to lease them so there's less monthly payments and no hassle in terms of any required maintenance. When the lease runs out, they just turn it in and get another one. Lots of us generally buy it and try and keep it. I often buy a car with the intention of keeping it... and would have kept my 2020 Hellcat long term had it not been for the fact that the resale on it was insane.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I considered a M5 (snapper rocks blue) but ultimately, BMW reliability, plus the fact I could get a 6MT won me over. Styling is definitely hit or miss for some, on the CT5 platform. The BW is pretty much a ZL1 with four doors. I’m not sure what reliability of the drive train is but I’d bet most people would take it over BMW’s in that department. The LTX power plants are tried and true. Most of the reviews I’ve read on the M5 vs BW (6MT) go in favor of the BW. And it’s always the 6 speed tranny that gets it over the hump. Plus the BW is a hair cheaper. You can’t go wrong in either case!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
What was the MSRP on this, out of curiosity?
The two CT5-Vs on the lot in town near me (NW Florida region) are both MSRP'd at 94 and 98k. Both have dealer add-ons bringing them up an additional $3,000. They are both the same trim line while the cheaper one is a manual (both fairly low end base models). The auto is black, the manual is blue. The blue one is new, the black one has been there since early April.

A fully loaded car, without the carbon fiber brakes is going to MSRP around 105-108.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,542 Posts
My ‘22 came in just a tad under $89k.

GM supposedly raised the price on 2023’s by $8k.
They're doing the same on the ZL1s too for 2023. The price is going up 4k.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts