SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'23 C8 3LT Convertible Z51
3,685 Posts
I saw one in person at the shop getting PPF. THey look great in person. If I had the money, I'd buy one. Those to me are the ultimate daily driver!

I love my JB more for a muscle car, but the black wing is a better all around machine I'll agree!
I have a good friend who's a new car sales manager at Cadillac here in Tallahassee. He said that the Blackwing is a pretty tough sell right now, due to the fact that at its pricepoint, it's nearly the same price as an M5, and the M5 is the better car. He said that of the Blackwings they've ordered, well over 80% were manuals. This makes sense as the M5 doesn't come with a stick option. It also doesn't help him that the BMW dealership is next door to his dealership.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I’ve always heard BMW prices free fall as far as resale. One of the worst brands.
Wouldn’t the black wing retain more resale value?d

to me that is important at these price points. One of a few reasons I bought the hellcat vice a Mercedes or BMW.
Most new BMW owners lease. I'd almost be willing to bet that most new 120k+ cars are leased, especially true when bought by people who habitually flip cars every 2-3 years. This way you always have a new BMW and never have any of the maintenance problems. I haven't seriously shopped BMWs in a while, but for the recent past, BMW was running insanely generous lease terms. A few years ago, you could lease a brand new, well optioned 3 series for under $500/mo. But yes, BMWs crater pretty hard. It's hard to say what the Blackwing will do because it's a bit of an odd duck. It's a good car, but it is not a very high in-demand car, so it isn't going to have Hellcat-like long term pricing, I don't think.

The buyer demographic on BMWs is wholly different than performance muscle cars. I think the average new BMW buyer is not someone who generally keeps a car long-term. Nor are they concerned with wanting to maintain a vehicle. They use them for prestige, business transportation, etc. Therefore, they tend to lease them so there's less monthly payments and no hassle in terms of any required maintenance. When the lease runs out, they just turn it in and get another one. Lots of us generally buy it and try and keep it. I often buy a car with the intention of keeping it... and would have kept my 2020 Hellcat long term had it not been for the fact that the resale on it was insane.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
What was the MSRP on this, out of curiosity?
The two CT5-Vs on the lot in town near me (NW Florida region) are both MSRP'd at 94 and 98k. Both have dealer add-ons bringing them up an additional $3,000. They are both the same trim line while the cheaper one is a manual (both fairly low end base models). The auto is black, the manual is blue. The blue one is new, the black one has been there since early April.

A fully loaded car, without the carbon fiber brakes is going to MSRP around 105-108.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts