SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,516 Posts
Finally, got around to taking pics of my new CT5 Blackwing. Options I selected were Electric Blue paint, Red Calipers, Red seat belts, Satin black wheels, and of course the 6 speed manual transmission. I had the Carbon fiber front and rear spoiler options in the very beginning but was told by the dealer that GM wouldn’t pick up my order due to CF shortages. So the Carbon fiber stuff went out the window. Took almost 1 year from the order date to delivery. The car handles amazingly well and has gobs of power. The rev match shift mode is smooth and makes this thing super easy to drive. Clutch feel is very light, transmission shifts are crisp with just the perfect touch of notchiness. It’s super quiet in the cabin, even in V mode. I was shocked at how loud it was when I started it up with the windows down. I have to remember it is a Cadillac, so it will be kinda “refined”. My only 2 complaints: 1 - clutch pedal is a little too light for my liking. I would’ve liked a slightly heavier feel. 2 - No blackwing badging anywhere! The Carbon fiber seat options (which are an insanely priced option) supposedly have a tiny “blackwing” label on the upper portion of the seat. That’s it! I have the base seats, so I didn’t get Jack squat! In any case, the car is absolutely amazing. Saying the car does everything extremely well is not an exaggeration!
View attachment 600284 View attachment 600285 View attachment 600286 View attachment 600287
It's a 4 door ZL1 so I'm not surprised. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,516 Posts
My ‘22 came in just a tad under $89k.

GM supposedly raised the price on 2023’s by $8k.
They're doing the same on the ZL1s too for 2023. The price is going up 4k.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,516 Posts
And btw… “black wing” sounds like a branding ripoff of “Redeye”
In fairness both names are silly, but its marketing.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,516 Posts
The name REDEYE is spot on.
If you say so. Redeye can mean anything, it's a cheap whiskey, its a late night flight, it's an undesirable photo effect.

• Haha
Reactions: frictioncircle
1 - 5 of 5 Posts