SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
We need a ZL1 section added over here lol
@Blkout did a lot of mods when he had his hellcat he’s grandfathered in. It’s the people that owned em for less than a year and did no mods and then talk about like they know everything been there done that with their hellcat. Not naming names, but will tell you they have a procharger on their c8 (maybe?)

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,516 Posts
And btw… “black wing” sounds like a branding ripoff of “Redeye”
In fairness both names are silly, but its marketing.

·
Registered
Durango Hellcat
1,308 Posts
I always thought that meant “general hellcat automotive discussion” like just general random hellcat stuff, any topic. It is hellcat.org not cars.org lol
I’m going to Chevy forum and going to post about my hellcat all day
@Blkout did a lot of mods when he had his hellcat he’s grandfathered in. It’s the people that owned em for less than a year and did no mods and then talk about like they know everything been there done that with their hellcat. Not naming names, but will tell you they have a procharger on their c8 (maybe?)
And btw… “black wing” sounds like a branding ripoff of “Redeye”
4 consecutive posts in one thread. You may need to up your Adderall script..

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
every car forum I belong to has Off topic and general car section because at heart we are "All" car people...
There’s specifically an off topic lounge though lol. It’s ok. It doesn’t matter. Just hating on the caddie. 🙃 i said 2 words and it sparked all these replies. It’s a cool car, was just messing around. Everyone’s getting offended. Enough thoughts in 1 poast for you @Unavowed ?

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,516 Posts
The name REDEYE is spot on.
If you say so. Redeye can mean anything, it's a cheap whiskey, its a late night flight, it's an undesirable photo effect.

• Haha
Reactions: frictioncircle

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
974 Posts
I considered a M5 (snapper rocks blue) but ultimately, BMW reliability, plus the fact I could get a 6MT won me over. Styling is definitely hit or miss for some, on the CT5 platform. The BW is pretty much a ZL1 with four doors. I’m not sure what reliability of the drive train is but I’d bet most people would take it over BMW’s in that department. The LTX power plants are tried and true. Most of the reviews I’ve read on the M5 vs BW (6MT) go in favor of the BW. And it’s always the 6 speed tranny that gets it over the hump. Plus the BW is a hair cheaper. You can’t go wrong in either case!
Bmw has the better car, blackwing is more fun tho.

Blackwing is an awesome car and what puts it over the top as a more fun car is the 6mt.

As far as daily drive ability the m5 wins all day in my book, it's more customizable, better tech, more upscale interior, and does more extremes better, it's more luxurious/quiet in efficient mode, and it performs better in sport+.

The exhaust on the cadillac is better, bmw cars tends to sound muted, nothing a downpipe and resonator delete can't fix but the blackwing has more of a muscle sound as compared to the different more euro pitch of the m5.

As far as msrp goes the blackwing is quite a bit cheaper, a well equipped m5 comp is in the neighborhood of 125k as opposed to the blackwing which is around 100k.

Market value wise the blackwings are going for 120+, so as far as value goes the blackwing will hold better value than the bmw.

If you lease it or change cars often the m5 is the way to go.

If you want a keeper or buy it for the value the blackwing is the way to go.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts