SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
275 Posts
I don't know the "used Hellcat" market but just from the looks and what you listed, I can't see why you couldn't get more than 38k.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,512 Posts
If I were a buyer I would be low balling you on it simply due to the fact that those major components have been replaced. Wether or not the car has been beaten causing those items to be replaced is going to weigh heavily on an offer. I wouldnt go much over 30k, if forced to make an offer, but would honestly steer clear of it all together. There is the flip side of the coin, new parts, but its not for me. Its a clean looking car, but as a potential buyer, Id be very cautious. Glws either way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I were a buyer I would be low balling you on it simply due to the fact that those major components have been replaced. Wether or not the car has been beaten causing those items to be replaced is going to weigh heavily on an offer. I wouldnt go much over 30k, if forced to make an offer, but would honestly steer clear of it all together. There is the flip side of the coin, new parts, but its not for me. Glws either way.
Previous owner had a bad tune and boom. I got the car with 200 miles on the motor and babied it for 1000 miles. I don’t even really get into it much, just every now and then because come on now... it’s a hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,512 Posts
That makes plenty of sense and I’m certainly not doubting you but if I were a potential buyer I would just stay away especially if I were expected to pay serious money. You could probably get 35K for it from the right buyer.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
45 grand.
It is a large part of the performance advantage of the Redeye, which does not even put down 770 whp. Engine is almost BSN, tuning, etc. is done. it's a gem.

You'll find someone who knows what to look for. 38 grand is laughable.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
876 Posts
If the car has been garaged and is mint inside, outside, and underneath ask current KBB + 10K considering all the new bits with receipts plus upgrades and negotiate ftom there but don't give it away. Be patient the right buyer will come along.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,300 Posts
The mods basically take 50% of the buyers away at the minimum, which really sinks the value. Replaced engine and trans may not bother some but will raise a ton of eyebrows on others and again will hurt re-sale only because people like me dont want to gamble on something that has been that far apart. Crate engine is awesome but man, just not knowing if they did it right labor wise is scary. Then the mods. Then the miles on the car itself. I’m sure it runs awesome but re-sale will be tough unless you find the right buyer in a smaller pool because of all of that.
Mid 30’s is realistic but you could go fishing for that perfect buyer and price it low 40’s. Very low mileage un-messed with 15/16’s are bringing mid 40’s so price it accordingly. Just don't price it assuming the mods are worth anything, they're not. Hey if it doesnt move you could always take less if your budget allows.

Reactions: OldMoparGuy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mods basically take 50% of the buyers away at the minimum, which really sinks the value. Replaced engine and trans may not bother some but will raise a ton of eyebrows on others and again will hurt re-sale only because people like me dont want to gamble on something that has been that far apart. Crate engine is awesome but man, just not knowing if they did it right labor wise is scary. Then the mods. Then the miles on the car itself. I’m sure it runs awesome but re-sale will be tough unless you find the right buyer in a smaller pool because of all of that.
Mid 30’s is realistic but you could go fishing for that perfect buyer and price it low 40’s. Very low mileage un-messed with 15/16’s are bringing mid 40’s so price it accordingly. Just don't price it assuming the mods are worth anything, they're not. Hey if it doesnt move you could always take less if your budget allows.
Yeah just trying to get myself in a better financial situation in the next coming months to hopefully get a house. Cars been garaged kept by me and the previous owner. Exterior is mint, little wear on the seats but overall it’s a really nice car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,973 Posts
I’d 2nd slowpoke on this for all the same reasons. I’d say $38k is probably accurate all things considered. That car with those miles in stock form would bring about that. The fact the engine needed replaced hurts it but the mods counter that.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I wouldn't expect anything over 40k. Id guess some where 33k-38k depending on the area and the market. Definitely over 30g though without a doubt.

This may be harsh but heres my thought process (I buy a lot of used stuff):
Tuned, pullied, and 50k miles narrows your potential buyers quite a lot. Midpipes? did that delete the cats? If so, that wont help the resale.
New motor and trans recently? To me that sounds like it was beat on and/or had bad tuning (which you mentioned the previous owner had bad tuning)
Mods rarely increase the actual resale price of the vehicle vs bone stock.

That said, if there is a seller there is always a buyer

·
Registered
26 Posts
45 grand.
It is a large part of the performance advantage of the Redeye, which does not even put down 770 whp. Engine is almost BSN, tuning, etc. is done. it's a gem.

You'll find someone who knows what to look for. 38 grand is laughable.
I can go to Koons and buy a brand new A8 Hellcat for $49k. Everything perfect, full warranty, no worries.

No one in their right mind would give $45k for a "perceived" used and abused car that is 4 years older

·
Registered
498 Posts
35-40k all day long if you're not rushing to sell....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't expect anything over 40k. Id guess some where 33k-38k depending on the area and the market. Definitely over 30g though without a doubt.

This may be harsh but heres my thought process (I buy a lot of used stuff):
Tuned, pullied, and 50k miles narrows your potential buyers quite a lot. Midpipes? did that delete the cats? If so, that wont help the resale.
New motor and trans recently? To me that sounds like it was beat on and/or had bad tuning (which you mentioned the previous owner had bad tuning)
Mods rarely increase the actual resale price of the vehicle vs bone stock.

That said, if there is a seller there is always a buyer
Yeah I know I’m gonna have to wait out for the perfect buyer because some might have concerns but it truly is essentially a brand new car no corners were cut when the new motor and trans went in. New motor went in October of last year, and all the work was done by a very reputable shop in the KC area. I don’t expect and know the mods won’t help resale, more so as the new motor with all of the paperwork as the book values go off of the miles on the chassis. A 51k mile hellcat for $38k or a 51k mile body hellcat with basically brand new power train for 40k..? All about finding the right buyer I think.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,883 Posts
Might be selling my Challenger Hellcat but I’m trying to figure out what a realistic price for it would be. It’s a 2015 A8 Red Challenger Hellcat with 51k miles on the body. 4K miles motor, brand new crate motor installed by local dodge dealer at 47k miles with $23k receipt. Transmission was installed at 44k miles it was a charger hellcat trans with 2k miles on it. Car has 2.85 upper, midpipes, injectors, intake, tuned on 93 made 770whp. What do you think it’s worth? Books say about 38k but that’s going off of the 51k miles.
Given the car's history and mods I think $38K is being optimistic.

But you can choose to ignore the car's history and mods and ask private sale money for the car. You might find a buyer who is not put off by the car's history and loves the mods.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah I know I’m gonna have to wait out for the perfect buyer because some might have concerns but it truly is essentially a brand new car no corners were cut when the new motor and trans went in. New motor went in October of last year, and all the work was done by a very reputable shop in the KC area. I don’t expect and know the mods won’t help resale, more so as the new motor with all of the paperwork as the book values go off of the miles on the chassis. A 51k mile hellcat for $38k or a 51k mile body hellcat with basically brand new power train for 40k..? All about finding the right buyer I think.
Atleast you're realistic about it. All new drivetrain doesn't raise the value of the vehicle in my eyes, but to some I suppose it can.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
I sold my 15 Hellcat Challenger, stock except for visual upgrades, Borla exhaust and Barton shifter..with 15,000 miles for $40k. And it was mint.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts