SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Inside report from the factory.... there is a dynamic sensor shortage. All cars use them. Enough to build some car tomorrow and then they are out of stock. Production stops sometime tomorrow. Vendor unsure if it will be a week or 3 months to restock!

This info come from the guy at the factory reporting on jailbreaks getting built everyday on the jailbreak FB page.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Source is the insider that post on the Jailbreak FB group. The issue is the same. Computer chip. Its a month till the current vendor can supply more, so the idea was to take the chips out of the current cars built to build more cars on the line and do that over and over till the part comes in and then install and ship 1000's of cars. The problem is the vendor said after 5 removals and installs the chip/part is no good. Hence the meeting tomorrow to figure out a plan according to him. This guy at the factory is legit and has been spot on with info updating the group regarding all of JB cars going down the line every day by VIN.

·
Registered
388 Posts
According to the insider, the body building part of the factory was given instructions complete what they have in the works by tomorrow 1 shift so as no bodies will be half built or fully painted and stuck there for long layoff starting next week. The chip vendor gathered up what they had to build some cars this week and thats it for a few weeks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
For those of you waiting..... there is still hope. Last year at this time the plant shut down for 3 weeks as well. Many cars were built after they started up again. Mine was one of them. It wasn't pretty but I got the car. Details below.

6/14/21 Ordered with dealer
6/15 Dodge entered order
6/25 D status
3 week shutdown July
8/3 D1 status with ship date 9/15
Shutdown again 1 week Sept
9/15 Ship date moved till 9/27
Shutdown again end of Sept
9/27 No updates
Shutdown again 3 weeks Oct
10/20 Back to D status
11/1 Back to C status
11/24 Back to D1 status. Ship date of 12/13
12/13 ship dates bump to 12/17
12/16 Jake said it was built
12/20 Dodge says should be at dealer by 1/14
12/20 Build sheet showed up
12/20 Jake said it was “I” status
12/29 JB status- Upfitters- hood pins.
1/3 build sheet vanished.
1/4 build sheet returned
1/12 Dodge says in shipping status Date to be announced (KZ status)
1/13 Jake said in route. Any day now. Window sticker avail.
1/14 Dodge says ship window 1/13- 1/17.
1/17 car not in yet.
1/18 Car landed at dealer!
1/25 my paperwork landed at dealer
2/3 Dodge money cleared to dealer acct.
2/5 car on its way to me
2/6/22 Delivered! 10PM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts