SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
161 - 180 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Thankyou very much for doing this!

Im waiting on a hellraisen jailbreak going to NC.

Last of the vin is 222678
Got you in there now.
Do you know if the VINs go sequentially in order of build? Also is the 780 cars a day a pretty good average? And if the VINs are sequential are they specific to the Brampton plant or across all platforms for Dodge?

Sorry for the questiona just curious as to behind the scenes for the build date of my car...
They VINS are issued in sequential order as they are accepted, but that is not the order they are built.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered the Jailbreak in May with only a VON. My salesman truly thought they had an allocation but was mistaken. Hes a great guy and I trust his word.

A day after the Jailbreak allocation list came out for July, with my dealer showing two allocations, the VIN was issued and the tracker started working. My dealer called me that day to let me know one of those allegations was for me and sent me a copy of the VIN.

This forum, and most of its members, is awesome!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I ordered the Jailbreak in May with only a VON. My salesman truly thought they had an allocation but was mistaken. Hes a great guy and I trust his word.

A day after the Jailbreak allocation list came out for July, with my dealer showing two allocations, the VIN was issued and the tracker started working. My dealer called me that day to let me know one of those allegations was for me and sent me a copy of the VIN.

This forum, and most of its members, is awesome!
I got lucky. My dealer didn't place orders without an allocation. I had ordered a narrowbody hellcat on the 12th of July. On the 14th I just happened to see that my dealer got an allocation, I called, they were shocked, went in same day and got it swtiched to the jailbreak.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Exactly! Any ideas how they decide who goes first? I assume the 2945 are allocated orders?
Too many factors that really have nothing to do with the car itself and it is ALL just a big guess on my part. part availability is just one of the many reasons. Sometimes they may be building because of dealer, or even dealer location. ie. If they are export cars they need to fill containers to optimize transport, or even if they are trying to fill railcars that are all headed to a similar geographic location. etc. So even if an order just went in days ago it may already be headed to the assembly line just because it needs to be grouped with others.

For example, Just for the month of July so far, I have found that they have built 12482 cars. The average wait from order acceptance to start of production is 44 days. Mean time is 36 days. The quickest turn around was 5 days and I have over 50 of them with more than 160 days wait. So they really range all over the place and without insider information about each vehicle, which dealership it was ordered through, etc there is just no way for us to understand the order they are built.

·
Registered
Proud owner of Plumcat
167 Posts
Triple B, do you imagine it being possible at some point to further sub categorize colors to Chargers and Challengers respectively or is that too far out of reach based on the available data?

·
Registered
Proud owner of Plumcat
167 Posts
That makes perfect sense.

I also do agree with you on the random nature of production. My own experience was quite unpredictable and followed no real clear linear process. It's been a strange year to be sure

161 - 180 of 617 Posts