SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Current status of Hellcat production limits?

1455 3
Does anybody know if Dodge will put a yearly limit on the amount of Hellcats produced? Originally they said there would only be 1200 produced but I've read that there are over 5000 orders for the car and you know Dodge is unlikely to leave all that money out there! It would certainly increase the value of our cars if they would put a yearly limit on production. Any current information?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
Does anybody know if Dodge will put a yearly limit on the amount of Hellcats produced? Originally they said there would only be 1200 produced but I've read that there are over 5000 orders for the car and you know Dodge is unlikely to leave all that money out there! It would certainly increase the value of our cars if they would put a yearly limit on production. Any current information?
Latest news most have that I'm aware of is Tim K. said everyone that put in an order will get a Hell Cat. RS projects by September 2015, the plant has the ability to produce approximately 8000 Challenger HC's. What RS cannot predict with a 100% accuracy is can part vendor's supply keep up with demand with the original planned numbers and revisions based on current demand.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,781 Posts
Dodge never said anything about 1,200 limit, that was totally made up from some media or dealers or aliens. The only limit is how fast they can pump them out. Figure 500-700/month maybe a little less with the Charger about to take over some of the assembly line.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the info- but I'm thinking that once you speed up production to meet demand, the quality begins to diminish. They were really scrutinizing the early ones that were produced because they didn't want any bad publicity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.