SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
It looks like a tight fit with existing bar but I like how there are no mods to the shroud. Do you think their expansion tank is adequate with its reduced size?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
Looks great! Definitely interested if/when you decide to go into production.
I can't answer the A8 question, but welcome to the forums!

Where when and how much. I don't look forward to taking my front end apart to install a strut brace IMHO Speedlogic brace looks fairly involve for the weekend warrior that I'm deffinatly a kin too. :confused:
Semper Fi Jarhead!

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
371 Posts
@acinelli

@B5hellscat

I’m in the process of making a brace for another Redeye owner here. It won’t be developed until the weather gets a little better, just throwing it out there. It won’t be the same as this piece.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
how can I order one. do these install without tearing the wipers and cowling apart, thanks!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Did you know that under hard cornering, due to the fact that the outer wheel is under more G load than the inner one, the strut tower tops actually try to DIVERGE from each other? Center of lateral force is at ground level. Center of resistance to said force is above ground level, thus in a right turn, the left side (due to greater weight on it) (weight is not mass) is forcing the strut tower out more than the right side wheel is.

Now, if you go over a jump and land, while driving in a straight line, then the force is centered on each tire's contact patch, and this is vectored vertically upwards, and the suspension is inboard, so the force acting on the strut towers is thus trying to collapse them inward toward each other.

I point this out because, if hard cornering was all your car was doing, a cable from one strut tower to the other would be useful for reducing relative lateral tower top movement. However, you car is not on a glass-smooth circular skidpad 24/7 so a strut brace that has both compressive and tensile strength is useful, such as the one offered in this thread.

I have heard nothing but good about strut tower braces.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
998 Posts
I had the front and rear PG strut tower braces and from what I understand they were the only ones that would fit on the redeye for a while. They made my car handle completely differently. I loved it.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I have the SpeedLogix strut brace, but would sell it in a minute just to buy one from weebz just for the fact how cool it looks............................where are you weebz?????????????? 🆒 :oops:

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,800 Posts
I have the SpeedLogix strut brace, but would sell it in a minute just to buy one from weebz just for the fact how cool it looks............................where are you weebz?????????????? 🆒 :oops:
WEEBZ doing HC parts again?????

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,968 Posts
WEEBZ doing HC parts again?????
I thought I'd read he stopped making his HC custom stuff and had moved on to other work. Too bad. He was very talented and his products were top notch.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts