SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have tire gash or a cut on the outer edge. I know it has to hit something in order to get cut but I am not sure what happened with in my case because I took it out of garage after week and noticed the flat and I never hit anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,041 Posts
Bummer! It happens, lots of different ways.

Looks like you got your money's worth out of that set anyway. The stock tires are nooooot great, so lots of good upgrade choices await!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer! It happens, lots of different ways.

Looks like you got your money's worth out of that set anyway. The stock tires are nooooot great, so lots of good upgrade choices await!
what do you recommend on the new tires?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
374 Posts
PS4S is a summer tire that is great in any weather as long as it is above freezing. You can't drive with it when it's below ~25F without risking to damage it. Other than that, it's the best available tire (as long as you don't want to go to the drag/track tires).

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
810 Posts
The PS4S is the world's #1 rated tire. The world's #2 rated tire is the Pilot Sport all season. I personally use the all season. Double the tread life, and a better traction rating vs. the Pirelli stock summer tire. None of the traction fade. They also come with a 45k mile treadwear warranty. When you blow the tires off of the Hellcat in 25-30k miles, your next set would be about 25-30% off ;)

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,112 Posts
If you throw anything besides a PS4 on your car you're just wasting money as you'll get them next go round. I cant say anything bad about them and they're the number one rated tire for good reason, I can dead hook from a 25mph roll with a stick car rocking 3.70 gears and TC off when its above 50° out. You will not replicate that with any other tire for a 20" wheel besides a mickey slick, which will be awful in rain and burn up after 2 months.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you throw anything besides a PS4 on your car you're just wasting money as you'll get them next go round. I cant say anything bad about them and they're the number one rated tire for good reason, I can dead hook from a 25mph roll with a stick car rocking 3.70 gears and TC off when its above 50° out. You will not replicate that with any other tire for a 20" wheel besides a mickey slick, which will be awful in rain and burn up after 2 months.
You have the stock size or have you upgraded to 305's? I'm about to buy tires and what you described above would make me super happy in my M6. I really prefer the stock size but am willing to go 305 with a wider rim if necessary. I just prefer the wheel fit of the 275's though thus my hesitation on the 305 with a 10.5 wheel.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
311 Posts
I ordered a set of PS4S through Costco for less than $1300 OTD minus CA sales tax, including installation and balancing (current Costco Michelin promotion takes off $150 through May 18). Having them mounted this weekend. Rear Pirellis are near bald and I knew I would have to replace the tires when I bought my HC six weeks ago, but I also know that Costco has a Michelin sale every year around this time. Runner up choices were the Continental ExtremeContact Sport, followed by Nitto 555 G2.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You have the stock size or have you upgraded to 305's? I'm about to buy tires and what you described above would make me super happy in my M6. I really prefer the stock size but am willing to go 305 with a wider rim if necessary. I just prefer the wheel fit of the 275's though thus my hesitation on the 305 with a 10.5 wheel.
I run the 305 on factory brass monkeys, not sure what everyone's big fear is with that since they run fine and I get to 150mph+ pretty often without any issues. They dont poke, rub, or wobble. I think owners with issues were from shit balance jobs tbh. I have yet to have a single problem. I plan on getting a 17x11 when the time comes for more power but as of now, these are the absolute best option. I like to take my car to work sometimes and if it snows or something it still drives fine. fits fine;

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,476 Posts
What do you recommend for all weather as I l live in Central Valley California
My sister lives in the central valley. I used to live in Livermore, CA. You need all weather tires in the central valley like an Eskimo needs a beach towel.

My 2020 Scat Pack came with high performance Pirelli tires. Love these tires. Lots better than the all season Pirelli tires which came on my Hellcat. Had I remained in Livermore I was going to replace the all season tires on the Hellcat with high performance tires.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
810 Posts
On my PS4S summer tires, I can nearly dead hook from a dig on 275s. Just a little bump to get it rolling then pretty much apply WOT across about a 1.5s push. I can go under 4s 0-60 every single time I launch it. I haven't tried an honest 0-60 on the all seasons yet. The feel is very similar, but the traction isn't quite as godlike. I just put the all seasons on yesterday to try them out. I'm thinking of saving the PS4S summer tires for special occasions. I'll use the all seasons for daily work. Both of them are lightyears better than anything Pirrelli, in any tire size.

My next set of tires is going to be Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. I know they aren't as good as the Michelins, but I'm curious, for track use, if they're close enough. They're about $80 less per tire.

And, if you're military or a first responder, Mavis Tire down here in the south can get PS4S All Season tires on special discount for around $196 per tire. Summers are $214.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
810 Posts
I run the 305 on factory brass monkeys, not sure what everyone's big fear is with that since they run fine and I get to 150mph+ pretty often without any issues. They dont poke, rub, or wobble. I think owners with issues were from shit balance jobs tbh. I have yet to have a single problem. I plan on getting a 17x11 when the time comes for more power but as of now, these are the absolute best option. I like to take my car to work sometimes and if it snows or something it still drives fine. fits fine; View attachment 572378
It's not that they will cause problems. It's simply the fact that you paid a lot more money for a 275. Your contact patch on the stock wheel is 275. Doesn't matter if you're 305, 325, 345. If you're using a stock wheel, your traction performance is no better than a 275, and under high torque, the tire does in fact skate side-to-side, which reduces your maximum traction potential. It won't be a night and day difference, but you did just spend $200 more for no reason whatsoever until you upgrade the wheel size.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It's not that they will cause problems. It's simply the fact that you paid a lot more money for a 275. Your contact patch on the stock wheel is 275. Doesn't matter if you're 305, 325, 345. If you're using a stock wheel, your traction performance is no better than a 275, and under high torque, the tire does in fact skate side-to-side, which reduces your maximum traction potential. It won't be a night and day difference, but you did just spend $200 more for no reason whatsoever until you upgrade the wheel size.
Yea I knew that going in, but I planned at one point to get some 20x11 reps or something, without the need any longer I chose not to. If you're getting the same result as me with a 275 at a cheaper cost then I absolutely would run a 275 instead to save the cash.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
810 Posts
Yea I knew that going in, but I planned at one point to get some 20x11 reps or something, without the need any longer I chose not to. If you're getting the same result as me with a 275 at a cheaper cost then I absolutely would run a 275 instead to save the cash.
Well, it's not just me. It's math. Wheel size determines tread contact width. Not the tire size. Any and all extra is always rolled up into the sidewall. Extreme oversizing kills traction and handling.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Well, it's not just me. It's math. Wheel size determines tread contact width. Not the tire size. Any and all extra is always rolled up into the sidewall. Extreme oversizing kills traction and handling.
No trust me, I understand the premise behind it. I know its not just a matter of opinion and is fully backed with simple math.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts