SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
570 Posts
If you're going 2.79 and FIC, you going E85? I'd add in a diff brace and any driveshaft will probably be fine. Ask 20 people, you'll hear all the same manufactures from different people. I heard horror stories of DSS so I went GForce, Wiles were good but some posted on FB having a slew of problems with their last batch. You look, you'll find complaints against them all.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks man, and yea, the corn is coming probably next year. Thats why we went with those components to avoid another buy down the road. And thank you for the drive shaft input

·
Registered
In The Market
504 Posts
hey All,
Just started the modding of the kitty, and as always, safety and reliability is top of mind. My car is daily driven charger, so A8, about 27k miles on it. Getting a Ripa upper 2.79, pinning crank, bwoody heat exchanger (im in south florida), 1200cc FIC injectors, and a tune.
I want to look into a DS replacement, but dont want to lose the drivability through excessive vibration etc.
Does anyone have a 1pc driveshaft set up on their daily? How long have you had it? Whats your review? Brand choice?
Thanks in advance!
Not sure if I missed it but are you going to the track? If not then don't worry about it. The driveshaft will be an issue on a hard launch with traction which you will never get on the street

·
Registered
71 Posts
The funny part is I don't think I'm making that much power as I have been only running pump gas . But I will list what happened to each shaft .

1st - didn't fit right . Took 3 tries sending it back and forth to get it to fit right . Then it broke. It was early in the 1 piece days (CF)

2nd the carbon fiber bonding let go at the dif yoke

3rd vibrated badly (AL)

4th broke adaptor (AL)

5th vibrated after 120 mph but seemed to be getting progressively worse . (AL)

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
What was your 5th brand? Sounds like my issue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
CCI

What was the issue and fix if any? I just sent livernois cci back to have them check it out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
What was the issue and fix if any? I just sent livernois cci back to have them check it out.
I'm not sure I removed it from my car and it's sitting in my garage . In my opinion the 1 piece driveshafts shafts are to long and have too many angles. I went back to a 2 piece ( stock demon/redeye)and all is good now .

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I don't understand why there are so many driveshaft issues with these cars. Never had any issues with aluminum driveshafts on Mustangs
I got you man, my s550 was pushing 950 on stock drive shaft, but it doesn't feel like it pulled as hard as my car. Now let's talk about mustang oil pump gears 😬😱😂
But no. I don't track it YET, but will. So why not have the extra insurance. I drive ENTHUSIASTICALLY from time to time. And like rides in Mexico, so...

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
267 Posts
I'm not sure I removed it from my car and it's sitting in my garage . In my opinion the 1 piece driveshafts shafts are to long and have too many angles. I went back to a 2 piece ( stock demon/redeye)and all is good now .

We’ve been 1.28 to the 60’ with multiple consistent low 1.3X passes on our Redeye and the driveshaft is a happy camper.
Full weight, passenger side skinny off the ground 😉

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
We’ve been 1.28 to the 60’ with multiple consistent low 1.3X passes on our Redeye and the driveshaft is a happy camper.
Full weight, passenger side skinny off the ground
Thats why I went with a demon/redeye 2 piece driveshaft. It will take more then I can throw at it and I will be a happy camper !

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Holy shit mannnnnnn! Thats the best 60' that I've read about off our platform, great driving man! Whats your traction setup

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thats why I went with a demon/redeye 2 piece driveshaft. It will take more then I can throw at it and I will be a happy camper !

Where did you source yours?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
"Shocks, pegs, luckyyyyy", lol
Do the challenger and charger use the same driveshaft?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Has anyone had trouble with steel driveshafts? the tiny bit of rotating mass you save with carbon fiber does not seem worth the "oops, it broke again" level of reliability.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
"Shocks, pegs, luckyyyyy", lol
Do the challenger and charger use the same driveshaft?
No different driveshafts. The charger driveshaft is even longer !

But seeing that FCA just released the taxi redeye the upgrade driveshaft will be available soon for all the taxis's

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Lol, its a daycare Uber and Grocery getter, ok?! Hahahaha, sounds good man, I tried to find the part, but on a bunch of Mopar wholesalers, they list the DS as fitting both which I thought was weird.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
Lol, its a daycare Uber and Grocery getter, ok?! Hahahaha, sounds good man, I tried to find the part, but on a bunch of Mopar wholesalers, they list the DS as fitting both which I thought was weird.
Lol I'm just bustin your chops .
The driveshafts are definitely different.
Regardless of what ever driveshaft you get do your homework first so you don't end up disappointed.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts