SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
267 Posts
Holy shit mannnnnnn! Thats the best 60' that I've read about off our platform, great driving man! Whats your traction setup
They don't let me drive it, our lead calibrator drives the car ;)
Super simple combo.
2.75 Metco
ID1300
Fore system
Diff brace
Beadlock drag setup

It runs on E85 and goes low 9.3x all day with a best of 9.28. Best 60' was 1.28.
All it really takes is a good tire and well prepped track. Well...I take for granted that it must be tuned 100% properly :)

Plans for this car 100% include making consistent 8 second passes, through the stock cats, with mostly stock parts still in place.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Damn man, thats solid! And more simplicity is less crap to break lol!

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
793 Posts
I’m probably one of the few that run a Bill Englewood driveshaft in both of my cats. Never had a issue with either one, strip or street. My Challenger has seen a ton of passes. I would recommend them to anyone

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Isn't he a comedian on the blue comedy tour? 🤣🤣🤣 oh nevermind, thats Bill Engvall 😆
Is it aluminum? Where can I find the specs?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
89 Posts
I had a carbon fiber one piece driveshaft for a couple years with many trips to the drag strip, and had no problems with it. I kept breaking the rear diff and went with the G-Force 9 inch ford rear diff which required a different ds. I have broken 3 aluminum shafts. The last break took out my transmission. I ordered a new ds from Mark Williams Enterprises and they told me a one piece that long would not be strong enough and would vibrate over 5k rpm. I am waiting on the 2 piece aluminum to arrive.
No matter which shaft you decide to buy...ALWAYS INSTALL A DRIVESHAFT LOOP!!! Without the loop my car would have suffered much more damage. If the ds breaks at the top end it could be catastrophic.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Holy crap man, you must be pushing serious power, or putting down, i should say

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
276 Posts
I'm using the Livernois/CCI 4" driveshaft and it replaced a Wiles 3.5" which had a high speed vibration. So far so good with the Livernois/CCI unit. If I have any problems with it in the future, I'm going to a stock RedEye driveshaft.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
yea, im waiting on RE charger DS. I don't track anyways. Went eith the 3.09 first

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Learn something new every day. Challengers and Chargers use the same DS?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Apparently they don't, but it is listed that way. I was about to but a Challenger RE DS for my charger and was told it won't fit... would make my life much easier. All aftermarket DS also have different part numbers for charger and challenger. I was as surprised as you lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,062 Posts
Learn something new every day. Challengers and Chargers use the same DS?

No they don't and I just noticed how they have it listed.

This part number 53010846AB is Challenger only.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,259 Posts
No they don't and I just noticed how they have it listed.

This part number 53010846AB is Challenger only.

I knew that but just wanted to point out the fit listing they have there is incorrect for fitting a Charger.
Are redeye DS's vin locked like the Demons are?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,062 Posts
Are redeye DS's vin locked like the Demons are?

No, you can buy this and some have posted that all Hellcats and even Scat Packs since 2019 now use this driveshaft.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts