SRT Hellcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,259 Posts
No, you can buy this and some have posted that all Hellcats and even Scat Packs since 2019 now use this driveshaft.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Wow that's cool that you can finally get the stronger Demon DS without all the BS. That price is hundreds less than a Demon DS was (ask me how I know) lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
The hellcat driveshaft is still different then the demon / redeye driveshaft. For what it's worth I took my car with the demon / redeye driveshaft to the track on the weekend . I ran 1.34/1.35 sixty foots all day and the car is finally vibration free .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,062 Posts
The hellcat driveshaft is still different then the demon / redeye driveshaft. For what it's worth I took my car with the demon / redeye driveshaft to the track on the weekend . I ran 1.34/1.35 sixty foots all day and the car is finally vibration free .

What year car? It's been posted now several times that all 19-up is the same.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
What year car? It's been posted now several times that all 19-up is the same.

My car is a 2018 but I bought a 2019 redeye driveshaft.

Hellcat driveshaft 53010678AJ

Redeye driveshaft 53010846AB

All challengers might get the hellcat part number .

The redeye driveshaft is almost double the price .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,062 Posts
My car is a 2018 but I bought a 2019 redeye driveshaft.

Hellcat driveshaft 53010678AJ

Redeye driveshaft 53010846AB

All challengers might get the hellcat part number .

The redeye driveshaft is almost double the price .

OK I am going to continue to investigate this but the info being posted lately is saying all 2019-up Hellcats and Scat Packs now use the same driveshaft, the 846.

In 2018, the only thing using that driveshaft was the Demon.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
OK I am going to continue to investigate this but the info being posted lately is saying all 2019-up Hellcats and Scat Packs now use the same driveshaft, the 846.

In 2018, the only thing using that driveshaft was the Demon.

Definitely do your homework. I spent many days at this . Try and order the 846 part number see if it comes back vin locked . I tried many times and always came back vin locked . I'm only giving you my personal experience as I just went through this . I was finally able to get one .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
They list 3 different driveshafts for the challenger.
1 for a manual car ( no manual redeye's only hellcats )

1 for a "3.09" car ( only redeye's can/could be ordered with 3.09's)

1 for a "2.62" car ( hellcats autos only come with 2,62's)

All redeye's come with the 846 driveshaft is regrdless of gears.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
276 Posts
They list 3 different driveshafts for the challenger.
1 for a manual car ( no manual redeye's only hellcats )

1 for a "3.09" car ( only redeye's can/could be ordered with 3.09's)

1 for a "2.62" car ( hellcats autos only come with 2,62's)

All redeye's come with the 846 driveshaft is regrdless of gears.

Will the RedEye 846 driveshaft bolt into a 2016 Challenger Hellcat with 2.62s without doing any modifications ?

David

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
Will the RedEye 846 driveshaft bolt into a 2016 Challenger Hellcat with 2.62s without doing any modifications ?

David
Bolts right just like stock . @oilburner he has one in his 2016 hellcat challenger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
294 Posts
Thank you for the facts about the Redeye drive shaft. Lots of misinformation and rumors floating around about them all being the same etc.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
Thank you for the facts about the Redeye drive shaft. Lots of misinformation and rumors floating around about them all being the same etc.
Like I said I can only tell you from my own experience as I just went through this . There was many phone calls and emails to confirm. In the end I ended up with the right driveshaft for my car and all is good now .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,062 Posts
Like I said I can only tell you from my own experience as I just went through this . There was many phone calls and emails to confirm. In the end I ended up with the right driveshaft for my car and all is good now .

And I will now agree with you. I did some checking today and have to say to whoever said all now have the Redeye shaft that I did not find that to be true.

It's just like it shows in the chart although at least some Redeyes with 2.62 have gotten the 846 shaft.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
294 Posts
That's what so great about these fourms. We all share information on topics that we went through or experienced. Very helpful

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
And I will now agree with you. I did some checking today and have to say to whoever said all now have the Redeye shaft that I did not find that to be true.

It's just like it shows in the chart although at least some Redeyes with 2.62 have gotten the 846 shaft.

I think the parts websites have listed the description wrong in my opinion. From the info I gathered all redeye's regardless of gear ratio get the 846 driveshaft. All A8 hellcat get the 678 driveshaft no matter what .

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
267 Posts

Glad to hear that.
Seems the Redeye DS is the best solution.
Ours has held up to repeated 1.3X 60's with a best of 1.28 and most in the 1.29-1.33 range.
Managed to break an axle and drop some bearings, but DS has not been an issue.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
Glad to hear that.
Seems the Redeye DS is the best solution.
Ours has held up to repeated 1.3X 60's with a best of 1.28 and most in the 1.29-1.33 range.
Managed to break an axle and drop some bearings, but DS has not been an issue.
Note taken .......get axles

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,549 Posts
Since us M6 guys cant directly swap a Demon or Redeye driveshaft into the car can an A8 piece be reworked to fit? I wonder if the autos are longer how effective it would be to cut, weld and rebalance? If the modification required lengthening the auto d/s to fit the M6 I don’t believe it would be worth doing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
Did the new driveshaft come with all the installation hardware shown on this picture including the bolts for hanger bearing ? View attachment 561108
New bolts for the transmission and differential connection. You have to reuse the 2 bolts for the hanger bearing .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
Since us M6 guys cant directly swap a Demon or Redeye driveshaft into the car can an A8 piece be reworked to fit? I wonder if the autos are longer how effective it would be to cut, weld and rebalance? If the modification required lengthening the auto d/s to fit the M6 I don’t believe it would be worth doing.
That is a fantastic question .

61 - 80 of 91 Posts