SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, new guy here and thanks for accepting me. I am about ready to order a 2022 F8 Widebody Challenger from Dan Cummins in Paris Kentucky. I’ve been working with a gentleman by the name of Jake Stephens. It’s been a good experience so far. He is offering me the car at 4% below invoice. He sent me the link to put the $1000 deposit down to order it. He mentioned to me not to be surprised if the price he quoted me goes up once he hits the order button. (He said it shouldn’t go up too much but does on about 40% of the orders). Has anyone else experienced this when ordering a vehicle? Just wondering what additional costs others may have incurred and if you had a good experience with the dealership? Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
Good evening, new guy here and thanks for accepting me. I am about ready to order a 2022 F8 Widebody Challenger from Dan Cummins in Paris Kentucky. I’ve been working with a gentleman by the name of Jake Stephens. It’s been a good experience so far. He is offering me the car at 4% below invoice. He sent me the link to put the $1000 deposit down to order it. He mentioned to me not to be surprised if the price he quoted me goes up once he hits the order button. (He said it shouldn’t go up too much but does on about 40% of the orders). Has anyone else experienced this when ordering a vehicle? Just wondering what additional costs others may have incurred and if you had a good experience with the dealership? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Total Bullshite..LOL
If you do a contract and sign off on it that's the price when it comes in !!
Price may go up when i hit the order button..LOL
Yea when it lands we need another $10,000 in ADM's !!
Don't think so my friend !!
Get in writing and on paper all numbers and what's due exactly when it lands !!
Good Luck

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jake is a straight shooter, look at some of other posts here.

Dealer in San Diego did me 3% under. When the config sheet came in, with the VIN, it showed about $1K higher however, written confirmation the dealer will honor the originally agreed upon price.

On note though, my agreement was not a percentage off invoice agreement, it was a defined price (which was 3% rounded down to the nearest $100 mark).

Reactions: KC426

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
352 Posts
LOL.
How much of a doc fee are they charging?

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the bright side, you got ahold of him. He told me he would call back last Friday and nothing yet.
On another note; if the price goes up beyond expectations, will he refund your deposit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the bright side, you got ahold of him. He told me he would call back last Friday and nothing yet.
On another note; if the price goes up beyond expectations, will he refund your deposit?
He’s been pretty good about staying in touch. He said they usually go up a few hundred dollars. I think he said the most he ever saw one go up was around $800

·
Registered
36 Posts
ordered through jake a 2021 rewb ordered canceled by dodge 12/22 very limited info provided by the dealership ,, not alot info on what was going to happen , no numbers for dodge reps, then wanted msrp for a jailbreak, shame on dodge , if you want a rewb with a few options, they screw you by having to get a jailbreak, i got deposit back

·
Registered
21 Hellcat Charger
486 Posts
Total Bullshite..LOL
If you do a contract and sign off on it that's the price when it comes in !!
Price may go up when i hit the order button..LOL
Yea when it lands we need another $10,000 in ADM's !!
Don't think so my friend !!
Get in writing and on paper all numbers and what's due exactly when it lands !!
Good Luck
You must be new here...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
537 Posts
Jake is a straight shooter and Cummins does not play games.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
264 Posts
I ordered a Jailbreak end of December. MSRP on website was $94,327. When sold order was created at dealership MSRP was higher than shown on website at $94,622
Turns out the last option on the page was $295 Hammerhead seats. This was on top of the $3890 charge for Hammerhead seats. Dodge had increased the price by $295.

This also happened to me when I ordered my 2021 REWB. HK Stereo option was listed on website at $1795, when order was placed the price from Dodge was $1,995.

In my experience when the dealer says "price may go up when I hit the order button" is correct. Any dealer price increase after order placed with Dodge is a different animal.

It is my understanding once the order is placed and you have a VON the price is locked at Dodge. IF there would be any incentives/rebate at delivery those would pass through.

·
Registered
21 Charger Redeye
184 Posts
Another vote for Jake. I bought my 21 REWBC from him with no issues. As mentioned up top and countless threads here, Jake is a straight shooter and Cummins will take care of you.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
You must be new here...
Yea pretty new here...LOL
This is my 5th Hellcat FWIW ! I always have gone into a dealer placed order and finalized and signed a contract knowing what I owe when the car arrives. No Surprises or ADM's or any other stupid extras or add on's...just sayin !! Never in my life have I heard of such dealings of when i submit order the price may go up..l :rolleyes: Maybe only in Merica its like that..lol But then again you get your car faster than we do...lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

Dodge regularly adjusts its pricing (MSRP and Invoice) through the year without notice or fanfare. When I placed my order with Jake at Dan Cummins the MSRP was $96,435, a month later Dodge raised the MSRP to $97,015; by the time the car was delivered the MSRP reached $98,115. Nevertheless, orders with Jake are Sold Order Protected; meaning that you pay what you originally agreed regardless of any pricing changes that occurred after you placed the order. There were no surprises.

By the way, you can get another 0.5% below invoice (4.5% below invoice in total) with Jake by joining Tread Lightly at least 30 days before your car arrives. The membership is $100, but your additional savings should be in the $400 to $600 range—i.e., a net gain of $300 to $500.

Tread Lightly: Join Tread Lightly - Tread Lightly

·
Registered
85 Posts
You know I just placed an order for a Jailbreak, and when the dealer ordered it his MSRP price was $1000 less than the website said for the exact vehicle/options I wanted. We checked all the options and they matched. I guess sometimes the website and the Dodge Dealer don't match up exactly......

·
Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
1,694 Posts
You know I just placed an order for a Jailbreak, and when the dealer ordered it his MSRP price was $1000 less than the website said for the exact vehicle/options I wanted. We checked all the options and they matched. I guess sometimes the website and the Dodge Dealer don't match up exactly......
That much difference in price? You'll probably be missing 1 floor mat.
Jokes aside, thats great!

·
Registered
85 Posts
That much difference in price? You'll probably be missing 1 floor mat.
Jokes aside, thats great!
I checked the website today for the jailbreak build and they updated it a lot. Seems like a work in progress there.

i think the website has an “error” where it allows you to add the driver convenience group when you select the highest seat options and it says you are getting all that stuff standard with those seats. It still lets you add the same stuff again as another package for some reason. It will say for example you have the blind spot defection included for $0 but also let you check a box to add it for $1200. I had it all selected on my car and I think when it went into tje system it “fixed” that problem I think by adjusting to the "not double charging me" price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a relatively new member here as well. After reading many posts about where to buy a new Hellcat, I contacted Jake at Dan Cummins at the end of September to order my 21 RE. The car was delivered to my doorstep before Thanksgiving without any issues. I got the same 4% below invoice as others have, and I don't remember any noticeable price increases. Jake was responsive to my calls and texts, but I made a point to contact him later in the day. Overall, my experience with Jake and Dan Cummins was excellent.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts