SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chapman's Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, Horsham, PA:

the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate…Stellantis/Ford occasionally has price increases during the course of production…once the vehicle is produced, we will be invoiced from Stellantis/Ford…we will provide you a copy of the invoice & honor our pricing discount (ie % under invoice/$ off MSRP) in this email thread off based on what Stellantis invoices us at time the vehicle is produced.

·
Registered
136 Posts
^^ One of the reasons I negotiated a price vs. percentage off invoice. ;)

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
By the way, you can get another 0.5% below invoice (4.5% below invoice in total) with Jake by joining Tread Lightly at least 30 days before your car arrives. The membership is $100, but your additional savings should be in the $400 to $600 range—i.e., a net gain of $300 to $500.

Tread Lightly: Join Tread Lightly - Tread Lightly
It's important to note that whoever orders your car can sign you up for this directly. I didn't have to sign up at all -- my dealership did it all for me. I was given a welcome email maybe 3-4 weeks after I placed the order for my car and had to give the dealership the code I obtained.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Chapman's Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, Horsham, PA:

the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate…Stellantis/Ford occasionally has price increases during the course of production…once the vehicle is produced, we will be invoiced from Stellantis/Ford…we will provide you a copy of the invoice & honor our pricing discount (ie % under invoice/$ off MSRP) in this email thread off based on what Stellantis invoices us at time the vehicle is produced.
^^ One of the reasons I negotiated a price vs. percentage off invoice. ;)
Some dealerships, like my experience with Dan Cummins CJDR, offer Sales Order Protection, which locks in the final price at the time of ordering. Sales Order Protection also guarantees the highest available rebates between those that were available when you ordered and those that are available at delivery. My arrangement was for 4.5% below invoice, which worked out to ~$9000 off the MSRP at time of ordering--or ~$12000 off MSRP at time of delivery, depending on how you look at it. I'm happy with the deal I made, especially given the current car shortage. :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,764 Posts
I ordered a Jailbreak end of December. MSRP on website was $94,327. When sold order was created at dealership MSRP was higher than shown on website at $94,622
Turns out the last option on the page was $295 Hammerhead seats. This was on top of the $3890 charge for Hammerhead seats. Dodge had increased the price by $295.

This also happened to me when I ordered my 2021 REWB. HK Stereo option was listed on website at $1795, when order was placed the price from Dodge was $1,995.

In my experience when the dealer says "price may go up when I hit the order button" is correct. Any dealer price increase after order placed with Dodge is a different animal.

It is my understanding once the order is placed and you have a VON the price is locked at Dodge. IF there would be any incentives/rebate at delivery those would pass through.
Weird. The HK has been $1995 for a few years now if I'm not mistaken. Wonder why it was showing a lower initial price.

Reactions: 786Kitty

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm another one that tried to buy a car from him but he never responded. It is what it is.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Hey KC426 I am here to tell you that if you order from Jake Stephens in Paris Kentucky they honor their word and are a reputable dealership. Dan Cummins is the best dealership I have ever had the pleasure of working with in my life. I purchased my 2021 WB Redeye Hellcat from there. I did my custom build with them, and they delivered it to me (paid extra for that service but they even honored my request for an enclosed delivery). They required a deposit, gave me 4% under, and at that time I got the 6% Dodge Rebate. They charged me a $599.00 dealer fee and not single dollar more. No dealer in South Florida could match or even come close to the deal they gave me. I saved close to 20k compared to the dealerships down here. It was my first time purchasing from a dealer out of state and I was skeptical too. Dan Cummins made me believe not all dealerships are scumbags. I would recommend ANYONE to them. They have a customer for life!

p.s. They also gave me an amazing deal on my ceramic coat, saved another $800 with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good evening, new guy here and thanks for accepting me. I am about ready to order a 2022 F8 Widebody Challenger from Dan Cummins in Paris Kentucky. I’ve been working with a gentleman by the name of Jake Stephens. It’s been a good experience so far. He is offering me the car at 4% below invoice. He sent me the link to put the $1000 deposit down to order it. He mentioned to me not to be surprised if the price he quoted me goes up once he hits the order button. (He said it shouldn’t go up too much but does on about 40% of the orders). Has anyone else experienced this when ordering a vehicle? Just wondering what additional costs others may have incurred and if you had a good experience with the dealership? Thanks in advance for any replies.
I don't particularly care about that dealership looked at Hellcat and no big deals being offered and I don't like the price may go up after I hit the order button? Thats BS If you get a good thats good but I would ask for a guaranteed price! Good luck 👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, it happens quite often. I have a Ram 2500 on order and the price was higher than the number from the Build and Price app. I have gotten quotes on a few different vehicles and every time it is a little higher than the price given by Build and Price app.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't particularly care about that dealership looked at Hellcat and no big deals being offered and I don't like the price may go up after I hit the order button? Thats BS If you get a good thats good but I would ask for a guaranteed price! Good luck 👍
To clarify... Everyone who posted to this thread that has direct and actual experience buying from Jake at Dan Cummins thinks that the OP has misunderstood what Jake is saying about the price increases. Jake is telling the OP not to be concerned if Dodge increases the MSRP and invoice from what it was when he placed the order. This is normal and happened to me as well. Dan Cummins uses Sold Order Protection, which locks in the price and offers the buyer the option of keeping the best possible incentives. Dodge adjusts their pricing throughout the year based on market conditions; for example, if an option is in short supply or slowing production, they will increase the price to reduce demand for the option. However, on orders with Sold Order Protection, the buyer only pays the originally agreed amount. THERE ARE NO UNEXPECTED PRICE CHANGES OR SURPRISES WHEN BUYING FROM DAN CUMMINS.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
205 Posts
What Pole said.......and for the guys that don't get an immediate response from Jake, just keep calling and leaving messages. Having picked mine up in person, you will see it's a small operation (by comparison) and they keep overhead low I assume to be able to offer these deals. He runs from customer to customer, and is probably the highest volume SRT dealer in the country.

Definitely worth a little patience. I will be buying from him again.......

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
205 Posts
For clarity, when I picked mine up there was several other cars that had been delivered to the dealership on the same day all for forum members. I think he had 30 cars in process between placing orders and delivery at the time. That's 30 of us high maintenance customers..... and let's face it....we are all high maintenance, or we wouldn't be all over this forum..... :D:D:D:rolleyes::sneaky:

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
537 Posts
For clarity, when I picked mine up there was several other cars that had been delivered to the dealership on the same day all for forum members. I think he had 30 cars in process between placing orders and delivery at the time. That's 30 of us high maintenance customers..... and let's face it....we are all high maintenance, or we wouldn't be all over this forum..... :D:D:D:rolleyes::sneaky:
High maintenance! That doesn’t even come close!

Reactions: PolePosition

·
Registered
840 Posts
Tried to PM this guy and got nothing. Not a good start for Dan Cummins

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
537 Posts
He's busier than heck. Keep trying. Be persistent. It's worth it. Although he was sometimes difficult to reach, it was like he had no other customer than me from the time the car arrived until I received it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Call him.

Afterall, he's at work and shouldn't be playing on his computer ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
What Pole said.......and for the guys that don't get an immediate response from Jake, just keep calling and leaving messages.

Definitely worth a little patience. I will be buying from him again.......
Thanks for the words of encouragement. He did answer once, so I know he's real. ;) I sent a gental nudge via text and still nothing. I guess I'll keep trying to call. I'm sure with some of the 21's models getting canceled, probably adds more to his plate.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts