SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Dash Camera

10704 51
I"m not very camera savvy. I would like to get something I can use mounted to the windshiled on trips and stuff to capture footage.

I know GoPro is very highly regarded. I really like the Ion SpeedPro 2 (distributed through Walmart $249). The Ion SP2 is targeting driving and has a nice form factor (at least I think so).

Price is not a huge factor but I'd like to stay under $300 unless some very compelling reason to spend more. I wouldn't use it all that much.

What do you guys use/recommend? Again, it's primarly for in car use. Doesn't have to be top of the line but I don't want junk either.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
948 Posts
Blackvue I have the DR600 in one car now the cat gets the DR650 front and back system. 64g cards amazing pic quality can't even notice them behind rear view mirror. Good luck

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
948 Posts
My DR600 is awesome. That's why I recommend it. The size. Video quality and ease of use are great. It's worked flawlessly that's why I will buy a second one. When I was in China last year these were the most highly desirable there and I was in Shenzen the fake capital of electronics.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
948 Posts
Wifi probably be one of the nicest features as I can live view on my phone or play back/save any time without take out a card. Dashcamtalk has all the info. the road hawk not on same level. Also they are not a very Mac friendly.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
948 Posts
Make sure you get the power magic or something similar. Wires in easily gives you a switch for power and won't let your battery die. I actually never turn the cam off. When parked in garage goes into Park mode on its own only records on motion detection. Have left car for a week no issues. Great choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.