SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Dash Camera

10708 51
I"m not very camera savvy. I would like to get something I can use mounted to the windshiled on trips and stuff to capture footage.

I know GoPro is very highly regarded. I really like the Ion SpeedPro 2 (distributed through Walmart $249). The Ion SP2 is targeting driving and has a nice form factor (at least I think so).

Price is not a huge factor but I'd like to stay under $300 unless some very compelling reason to spend more. I wouldn't use it all that much.

What do you guys use/recommend? Again, it's primarly for in car use. Doesn't have to be top of the line but I don't want junk either.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
Nice post, I am thinking the same thing................

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
I decided on the Blackvue DR600

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
I decided to give the DR600GW-HD WIFI a try. Good recommendations here, I like what I'm reading, fits the budget... I ordered it from the CDN site. Thanks guys. I appreciate all the suggestions and discussion.

Looking forward to getting it...
I broke down and did the 650 with 64 card with rear cam as well

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
Another option if you have an iPhone is an app called Witness.
Don't do smart phones, despise them, so camera is perfect me for. A very large majority of accidents are caused by users of smartphones, hence the camera :)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
Sounds good. Let me know how you like the rear camera. I will most likely tint my windows and while it never hurts to have someone eye on your six I figured I'm good with just the front for now.
I debated back and forth, figured what the heck

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
650 showed up today, seems to be really good, need to play around with it, but so far, pleased
Have it in my truck for now, until car arrives

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
I ordered mine with the 64 card, I did not get tracking either, Purolator showed up this AM with it, 1 day delivery
The wide angle and clarity are really good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.