SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
I have had my car only one day but is it normal for the dash gauges not turn turn off even 30 minutes later? Also the lights in the gear shifter are still on.
Nope! Is it possible you have the interior lights dial all the way up? You may need to roll the dial down, next to the headlight switch to the right. I have hit mine a few times and had to move the dial down.

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,034 Posts
ensure radio is at latest software. one of the revisions is for radio staying awake and draining battery. if radio stays awake, the bus will also stay awake. symptoms of a bus that stays awake include guage fluctuation and shifter illumination.

http://www.hellcat.org/wiki/?title=08-031-15-RA3-RA4-Radio-Enhancements

moisture on exterior door handle's resistive membrane switch while the FOBIK is in range can also cause the bus to wake up.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
916 Posts
I know Im bringing up an old thread but I have this same problem with my 16 Hellcat. I noticed it last night seeing a glow in my garage and yep the dash lights and shifter light are staying on and wont shut off.

Anyone else experience this yet with a 16 or 17 model?

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
916 Posts
Called my buddy (Dodge service advisor) and he had me disconnect the battery terminals for 30 minutes for a cold reboot. Hooked everything back up and all is good now. The dash and shifter lights turn off as they should.
I'm out driving around today to see if it's a permanent fix and will update if needed.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,668 Posts
I had experienced a similar situation last year(16 model) and had to take in the car to the dealership. Something was keeping the BUS awake. The gauge and shifter lights would keep recycling on/off before they finally shut off. They did the same cold reboot you are alluding to, but the problem persisted after a few days.

The tech then reinstalled some modules associated with the bus (not quite sure which ones) and the problem went away permanently.

Gauge and shifter lights cycle up a couple of times. Normal?

Reactions: SKULLNUTZ

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
916 Posts
hi Scatlover here, I had same problem last night on my 2016 Charger RT Scatpack! were you able to have your issue fixed? what was it?i
No issues to report after I did the cold reboot. Just disconnect your battery terminals, ground them to each other, let it sit for 30 minutes, then reconnect. If it happens again then bring it in.

This is what the dealer will do anyways if you bring it to them.

*EDIT* Be sure to keep your trunk open and roll your windows down prior to disconnecting the battery.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts