SRT Hellcat Forum banner

DBA 5000 rotors

11K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  baabootoo 
#1 ·
So I have the 15 rear conversion and I’ve noticed my fronts needs replacing. Anyone ran the DBA5000 rotors and the brembo pads?

I don’t like the Z26 I do highway runs of 150 plus and hit the track.

Thanks guys

#2 ·
So I have the 15 rear conversion and I’ve noticed my fronts needs replacing. Anyone ran the DBA5000 rotors and the brembo pads?

I don’t like the Z26 I do highway runs of 150 plus and hit the track.

Thanks guys
Z26 is fine for your highway runs to 150 and track nights.

I’ve run 200 mph in these pads and runs lots of 1/4 mile. Also lots of half mile events.

Rotors will need replacing after a short prior of stopping at high speeds but the pads are fine with the power stops.

#3 ·
Are you saying not to run the DBA and run the power stop rotors with those pads?

I’ve seen post of members saying the Z26 pads fad faster and don’t bite as hard as the brembo pads. Dust doesn’t bother me.

Could I run the brembo pads on either of those rotors or are they so aggressive and would kill the rotor?

#4 ·
You can run any pad you want. One stop and cooling the Z26 is ok. Multiple stops, stay wth Brembo or better.

You get what you pay for in rotors. We have several to choose from. I would never run anything less than the OEM Brembo rotor or a Demon Performance Rotor for anything other than regular street use in these very heavy cars (that is what I use - with Hawk DTC racing pads for the track).

On the street, more than one panic stop means you are into something rather aggressive that may get you into trouble. If you are doing 150 mph anywhere, don't go cheap!

Reactions: Karuthless
#8 ·
There should be a small bag of nuts that are included with your new rings. I received one box that did not come with new nuts and had to contact DBA to send them to me. They are really helpful and got them to me quickly. Didn't remove any old Loctite, just dabbed on some new during assembly. Those white nuts, in my picture, are the ones that should have been packed with the rings.

Auto part Disc brake Vehicle brake Automotive brake part Wheel

#7 ·
DBA have a great and long reputation and are run on a huge number of Time-Attack vehicles in the UK - the numbers dont lie - they are awesome - matched with Carbotech pads and you have a wicked combination

#12 ·
According to buybrakes.com today DBA front rotor rings using stock hats weight is 26.5 versus 31 for the stock Brembo. One piece Dba rear rotors are about same as stock.
Looks like Demon Performance has the edge in the rear with the 2 piece rotors weighing about 5 lbs less, but that does come at a price.
I pulled the trigger on a full set of Dba rotors today, shipped for $1072. Time will tell if they are more or less economical that the Demon Performance setup. I plan to use Z26 on the street and DTC-70 on the track. Hopefully will have good things to report in the near future.

#14 ·
I am not sure, I did receive the nuts but not sure if they were extra cost. The Girodisc replacement front rings do not come with hardware but they can be ordered from KNS brakes with the rings. Order two sets of hardware to do the front rings. I would strongly consider the Girodisc rings for the OEM hats, I think they are bettee than the Dba rings and made in USA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.