SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to have a minor Pinion spray issue checked. 12k 21 Charger. Purchased at Lakeland Dodge. YELP and other reviews are so bad, I hesitate to go there. Same with Thunder and other nearby Dealers.
Advice please.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Light Screenshot Font Software Multimedia

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
254 Posts
I'd wipe the oil deposits off, and then drive another 1-2 thousand and check again. It's not dripping off, so it is a slow leak and may not be a worn seal but a bit of grit that got under the seal lip and is now gone. Certainly I wouldn't rush to have that flange and driveshaft pulled unless it is really indicated by a steady leak. Murphy's law kind of thing.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I used to live in Lakeland 30 years ago! That's where I bought my '93 Viper (that I still have). Lakeland Dodge was called Tom Edwards Dodge back then and they were great. They'd even let me keep all the warrantied parts that they replaced on that car. Sometimes they'd just hand me the new parts and ask me if I wanted to install them myself later. I always said yes. ;)

I guess they got bought out a while back and went downhill since then.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,182 Posts
I would let it go but watch it. You have 3/36, do it if it needs it, but no need to react immediately.

Make sure it is on record and tell them you want to wait and see if it gets better, or worse.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Also tell them that there are no test drives without you being in the car. I always write that phrase on any service request in the spot where my signature is supposed to go and then I hand the work order back to them. They inevitably tell me I have to actually sign my name. That's when I know they have read what I just wrote. So I then sign my name under what I just wrote. :)

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,182 Posts
Also tell them that there are no test drives without you being in the car. I always write that phrase on any service request in the spot where my signature is supposed to go and then I hand the work order back to them. They inevitably tell me I have to actually sign my name. That's when I know they have read what I just wrote. So I then sign my name under what I just wrote. :)
I'd like to know what you write on all the disclosures the dr's and hospital's push in front of you! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe you are too young for that! :)

·
Registered
In The Market
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lakeland Dodge. The greeter gets you in line to talk with the service advisor. Servive advisor says techs are pretty busy, can I leave it and call after 4. Told him I have a 930 appointment. He says that simply gets you “in line. Talked him into having a tech examine on the lift at least. 2 hours. They do have a Hellcat on the floor in a Blue not seen by me. No sticker. If it had been here last year when I bout the SP, I probably would have bought it.
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
732 Posts
OMG. It looks like they still have the same blind guy prepping their cars that they had back in 1995 when I bought a Dodge 3500 pickup from them. The sticker was misaligned the exact same way. I made them take it off before I'd accept delivery.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Reactions: Dennis H
1 - 20 of 33 Posts