SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Durango Hellcat from Koons with the agreed upon price being MSRP plus tax, title, and fees. However now the sales manager who is "working the deal" is trying to add $1,495 of freight on top of MSRP, which already includes freight.

I'm obviously still going to purchase the truck, but how would I go about escalating this to get the double freight charge removed? This is unscrupulous at best, and really puts a bad taste in my mouth after buying a few other cars from them in the past.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
Have you talked to them? If so what did they say?

Reactions: hansman

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assumed it was a clerical error at first so I brought it up with my salesman. He said his sales manager told him that's the way he "...structured the deal, because it's such a rare vehicle and other people would be willing to pay $10k over for one". Basically, they're just trying to rip me off for an extra $1,500 and justifying it because of the low production numbers.

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
983 Posts
Oh no, that's not the way it works. That really sucks. Hopefully you'll get it worked out in your favor. I'm glad I didn't order through them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,146 Posts
Yes this is classic Koons as well as other Beltway dealers, good luck getting them to drop it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
I know you said you're going to buy it regardless but I myself would walk. I know it's a one year only vehicle but I don't like that crap. Unless it was in there when you did the original order. How far have you gotten in the order process? Deposit? How much have you given them?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
510 Posts
It's your money but I would walk based on principle alone. Total B.S. You may lose this one but may come out on top if you wait a little while longer. Or...they may reconsider if you tell them you will walk away and make sure the HC community spreads the word about their business dealings. It would seem to me that someone in that dealership (GM? Owner?) would care about their reputation.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
I would call the sales manager, and if he will not remove it, walk. Any dealer that lets a customer walk is nuts and will not be around long.

Reactions: Big_E and GdBye

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only put a $500 deposit down, but I really don't feel like walking. I've been waiting for this truck to come out for years, and at the end of the day it's more of an ethical concern for me.

I've reached out to the GM for his input, so I'm hoping something will come of it. Will Dodge and/or SRT care if I contact them about this?

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,324 Posts
I only put a $500 deposit down, but I really don't feel like walking. I've been waiting for this truck to come out for years, and at the end of the day it's more of an ethical concern for me.

I've reached out to the GM for his input, so I'm hoping something will come of it. Will Dodge and/or SRT care if I contact them about this?
They SHOULD but they likely won't have much to do or say about it since it's a privately owned dealership.

They're either just doing this to get some extra money or they know they could charge more because of the rarity and are hoping you walk so they can find another selling whose stupid enough to pay $10k more than its worth.

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
Will Dodge and/or SRT care if I contact them about this?
Def not. I wouldnt waste my time. Boils down to you being all in love now and the dealer knows it. Principal alone would have me donating my $500 to Koons but not giving them the sale. I know you wont do that but I would.

Reactions: GdBye and Jimmy N.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Definitely agree. Any other vehicle and I'd walk in a heartbeat, just feels shitty to be in this position. Either way, I'll just end up going through the typical BBB and corporate complain submission process.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
I assumed it was a clerical error at first so I brought it up with my salesman. He said his sales manager told him that's the way he "...structured the deal, because it's such a rare vehicle and other people would be willing to pay $10k over for one". Basically, they're just trying to rip me off for an extra $1,500 and justifying it because of the low production numbers.
Wow, what the fa.k, thats a bullshit answer!

Reactions: GdBye

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
895 Posts
Yeah, I'd call them up and tell them to tear up the contract. I don't care how much I want the car. I almost walked on my Hellcat here that I ordered in April and didn't receive til August. At the 11th hour, they decided to tack on $2,000 worth of extra fees and markups on a car that wouldn't spend 5 minutes on their lot. We argued for an hour, they wouldn't budge, so I stood up, demanded the keys be returned for my T/A and I made it into the car and about halfway out of the parking spot before 2 salesmen stopped me to said they were ready to sign at the originally decided upon amount.

Had they not done that, I'd still be driving my white/blk T/A. Just out of sheer principle. I won't be taken for a sucker, ever.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts