SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
So i had just waxed my hellcat and had brand new winter tires put on the car. I took it to the dealer for minor repair. When i picked it up i noticed a residue behind rear tires. Ran my finger through it took a sniff it was rubber!!!. Now i put the valet code in every time i bring it in. They can look at the red key but they are only getting 500 hp. Reading your post i should have asked to talk to management!

Car went to dealership for some warranty repairs, minor stuff, 3 days later I get an email, unable to road test car side wall puncture right rear tire, WHAT ??? I left the car in perfect condition no way the tire went down from where it was to 600 yards away wher it sits now.
Dealer tells me we are looking in to it, I go to the dealership on Saturday, car is sitting on the middle of the lot with a flat tire.....SINCE MONDAY.
Go in to the office and ask to see the work order, take a picture of miles in 13244, go out to the car with service advisor, open the ignition, miles 13256, they took the car out of the dealership for 12 miles, MPG 8, last tire pressure reading all at 31 psi except for the damage tire (run flat) at 36 psi.
at that point Service advisor tells me, no worries we are replacing the tire, even if I have to paid for it, ok fine I'll give u until Monday, I go by on Monday, nothing car still in the same place with a flat tire,
At this point I'm asking for the general manager, he is nowhere to be found, out comes the service manager, how are you sir how can I help you, I told him....., you can't help me I called you and emailed you several times, you never replied, you are of no help to me. I need to see the general manager, finally they take me to him, I explained what happened
my car was taken for a joyride, I show him the pictures of the miles in and miles now (remember the car never left the dealership) ,who ever was driving got a flat tire, went to get air on the tire. came back and parked the car where is sitting right now. Tech went to road test and found the car with the damaged tire.
this guy is PISS , he is asking the service manager if he didn't notice a 2019 widebody in the middle of the yard with a flat tire for a week ???
long story short, I'm getting 2 new tires, balance and alignment, full tank of gas, oil change and complete inspection of the car.
is going to be 2 weeks next Monday, I'll keep you posted on the progress and after all the repairs are completed, I may name Dealership and City.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well after more than 2 weeks at the dealership my Hellcat was finally ready for pick up, went to the dealer early today and they were very apologetic for what happened They did everything that they promised, 2 new 315 continental extreme sport tires, new rotors and pads, complete inspection of the car and a full tank of gas, parts alone more than $ 3400 I'm guessing another 600 in labor, so about $4000 for taking my car for a joyride.
I'm glad that everything worked out at the end, and I'm sure they learned a very expensive lesson.

Can't blame who ever took this beauty out to dance !!! she is so sexy !!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
754 Posts
So i had just waxed my hellcat and had brand new winter tires put on the car. I took it to the dealer for minor repair. When i picked it up i noticed a residue behind rear tires. Ran my finger through it took a sniff it was rubber!!!. Now i put the valet code in every time i bring it in. They can look at the red key but they are only getting 500 hp. Reading your post i should have asked to talk to management!
even better is I believe valet mode is around 200 hp and 4500 max rpm! I tried it once......It's no fun! And no better interstate mpg.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,502 Posts
Well after more than 2 weeks at the dealership my Hellcat was finally ready for pick up, went to the dealer early today and they were very apologetic for what happened They did everything that they promised, 2 new 315 continental extreme sport tires, new rotors and pads, complete inspection of the car and a full tank of gas, parts alone more than $ 3400 I'm guessing another 600 in labor, so about $4000 for taking my car for a joyride.
I'm glad that everything worked out at the end, and I'm sure they learned a very expensive lesson.
View attachment 548796 View attachment 548797

Good for you. Terrible treatment of a car by people who should know better.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,502 Posts
This is why I'm glad I got in on one of those killer lease deals 3 years ago. The times I've taken my Hellcat in for anything, I've left them the red key and told them to take it out and enjoy it a little if they want. I would most definitely NOT be that way had I forked over the cash to buy and own one long-term.
If when you turn in the car its needs tires, brakes, clutch or has other issues from the techs enjoying it "a little" you could still be out money.

I would not ok any enjoyment of a car, purchased or leased.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,514 Posts

Beautiful cat! Glad to hear it got resolved.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When I had my zl1 it went in for a small cosmetic warranty and the dealer calls me and says hey the valet mode is on. LOL I said no shit did you need to test drive the tail light you installed??

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
I brought mine in for an oil change last week. Tech was nice, even allowed me in the bay so I can take a look underneath. He also thoroughly drained the engine oil and even did the forgotten oil cooler. I would have allowed a few revs if asked. But no joyride, not even a rev.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts

Got to say that is a sexy MFer

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
What got me really upset was the fact that they wanted me to buy a new tire at $485 so they can road test the car, I ended up with 2 new tires and the old tire that was pretty much new plus rotors, brake pads, alignment, oil change, complete Q check and $40 of gas. Not bad if you ask me

41 - 50 of 50 Posts