SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has actually received a VIN from yesterdays Dec. allocation. It seems there are a lot of people who contacted their dealers and either they have no update or the dealer received their new allocation but shocking it was for someone else, which just sounds like a game to string us along. Supposedly my dealer is one of the biggest in the country and I say supposedly because I have no idea and this is what they told me (Field's, Glenview, IL), and they received no news yesterday about any new allocation. If you have any real info please let us know because I know I am not the only one wondering about this. Maybe RS can chime in or anyone who knows what is happening, thanks

· Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
Talked to a different dealer today. He said 2nd allocation was only 500 units. But the first allocation was 3 months long...1500 units, and future allocations are monthly, so maybe it's the same number bring produced, but have also heard only 4 allocations this year, that means 3000 total cars built. Hope not.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has actually received a VIN from yesterdays Dec. allocation. It seems there are a lot of people who contacted their dealers and either they have no update or the dealer received their new allocation but shocking it was for someone else, which just sounds like a game to string us along. Supposedly my dealer is one of the biggest in the country and I say supposedly because I have no idea and this is what they told me (Field's, Glenview, IL), and they received no news yesterday about any new allocation. If you have any real info please let us know because I know I am not the only one wondering about this. Maybe RS can chime in or anyone who knows what is happening, thanks
Same impression I've gotten... God forbid Dodge could clarify

· Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Talked to a different dealer today. He said 2nd allocation was only 500 units. But the first allocation was 3 months long...1500 units, and future allocations are monthly, so maybe it's the same number bring produced, but have also heard only 4 allocations this year, that means 3000 total cars built. Hope not.
then the open sales will get built.. they wont stop production the end of March

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,385 Posts
Talked to my dealer today. Supposedly I will know by the weekend if Chrysler picks up my order. Another dealer told me they had a conference call with Chrysler on Tuesday. They could not place an order with either the Laguna leather or the black hood.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
62 Posts
All I can say, with the pile of orders already in they shouldn't even say orders are open. Many of us have been waiting for a vin for a long time. I'll never complain about ordering Jeeps or any other vehicle after this process.

· Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
All I can say, with the pile of orders already in they shouldn't even say orders are open. Many of us have been waiting for a vin for a long time. I'll never complain about ordering Jeeps or any other vehicle after this process.
this is my first new car... only one ive ever liked enough and thought was worth the price... at this rate ill never buy new again unless its off a lot

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
Can only speculate, based on current production, that the number will be around 500-750 vehicles (allotment is for January only).
Above is RS's quote about the January allotment. 1800 units made up the first allotment thru end of December. Gonna be a long wait for me.:(

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
What I understood from RS is 500 a month or more. I think the allotment discussion is now monthly. Hopefully, they will be moving them out faster now!:)

· Registered
In The Market
11,036 Posts
What I understood from RS is 500 a month or more. I think the allotment discussion is now monthly. Hopefully, they will be moving them out faster now!:)
The "500" estimate was on the low side, and only for January, due to a shorter production month (plant shutdown Jan 1-5). I really wouldn't be surprised to see close to 8k or higher, and maybe even 10k for 2015 model year.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
A C7 is looking better and better every day.!
Ugh! Stop it! You are gonna have your Hellbaby before the snow melts...I just know it and then all your anxiety and stress with blow right out the tailpipe of your new Hellcat! One sit in the cockpit and rev of the engine and you are sold!:)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
A C7 is looking better and better every day.!
LOL - that's how I found the Hellcat Challenger.

Currently have a 2014 Camaro SS and started to look at the 15 C7's but catch is the car has to be my daily driver too. Wife wasn't thrilled with me having a 2 seater w/no trunk for my DD, so I started looking at the 15 ZL1 and was about to pull the trigger on that until I began looking at the HC as these were becoming available (so I thought).....so here I am, sitting at #5 on my local dealers wait list (after they only received 2 units for the Dec allocation)....and now wondering when Dodge will actually take my order and build me a 65K car.....which is far and away the most I will have ever paid for a car since I began driving in 1975.

· Driver of Badassery
Challenger SRT Hellcat
522 Posts
i Talked with a factory customer service Rep and she said they are producing 33 cars per day , be patient she said .

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.