SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I want to order a 2021 Challenger Redeye Widebody. I’m just not sure I want to make this my daily driver with Chicago winters. It’s my baby, Blown 2007 with 30,000 miles. I do have a set of blizzaks on stock rims just sitting in storage. Just not sure I’m ready. Lol. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice jeep! It’s even got the metal palella side moldings as well. Are you on the cherokeesrt8 forum?
Lol.. I used to be on that forum. I bought this Jeep from CarbonDave. I used to have a Redrock 2007 and would roadcourse with CMN1. Good eyes.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
538 Posts
If it were me, I would not daily that in Chicago weathers... it's too nice and too damn well kept to do it. Buy something you won't care about.... sell that to someone who would appreciate it... I know I couldn't do it....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Lol.. I used to be on that forum. I bought this Jeep from CarbonDave. I used to have a Redrock 2007 and would roadcourse with CMN1. Good eyes.
I remember someone on there saying they always come back, especially after someone would sell their jeep, and it’s true! I had 2 ‘07s and an ‘08, traded that in on a 2017 hellcat lease. I’d love to get into another hellcat, but damn do I miss having a WK1. Chad still has his red jeep & is active. Some of the OG members are still there, and there has been a recurrence of a few familiar faces, but most of the people have moved on to other platforms

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
951 Posts
That will make a killer stable-mate for the Challenger! I probably couldn’t do it, myself. I planned on daily driving my Challenger Hellcat until winter got closer and then I bought a used Jeep Wrangler. I don’t think I could subject a pampered, low mile WK1 SRT8 to the elements any more than a brand new Hellcat. Good thing is you have several months now to figure something else out.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,517 Posts
I would not own a newer SRT vehicle in Chicago unless I could lock it up in a secure garage whenever I wasn't driving it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
Winter driving ? Fluid Film or Rust Check it. PPF the front, ceramic coat and drive it! Who are you saving it for ? The next guy?
It’s nice having a fast year round car ... just do the rust protect yearly and paint protect it 1 every 3 - it’ll be fine .

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
412 Posts
Hard to daily something that purtty, but how do you guys up north get around at all from what.... Nov - May ??

It was a terrible 64* here in SouthEastern NC today our winters are harsh :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
553 Posts
View attachment 569179
I want to order a 2021 Challenger Redeye Widebody. I’m just not sure I want to make this my daily driver with Chicago winters. It’s my baby, Blown 2007 with 30,000 miles. I do have a set of blizzaks on stock rims just sitting in storage. Just not sure I’m ready. Lol. What do you guys think?

Most will probably say it’s too nice, don’t daily the jeep, etc. I say life is too short to drive cars that don’t make you smile every single time you get behind the wheel! We never know when gas will crush those of us who remain internal combustion muscle car junkies, or some other unforeseen restriction/calamity that could appear in the future. Drive that bad boy daily and don’t save it for the next guy. Enjoy it bro... Nice ride btw! Very clean looking OP.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
553 Posts
Most will probably say it’s too nice, don’t daily the jeep, etc. I say life is too short to drive cars that don’t make you smile every single time you get behind the wheel! We never know when gas will crush those of us who remain internal combustion muscle car junkies, or some other unforeseen restriction/calamity that could appear in the future. Drive that bad boy daily and don’t save it for the next guy. Enjoy it bro... Nice ride btw! Very clean looking OP.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,869 Posts
It's a 2007. Not worth anything other than your sentimental value really. Drive it, it’s about time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
284 Posts
I’d drive it. It’s 14 years old. Beautiful yes. But what are you saving it for.

·
Registered
2020 TorRed Charger SRT Hellcat
645 Posts
T-Time.
Were you the one who had the dogs in your avy?

I remember that name. Its Crookster777 from the red site.

That red rock was a beauty. So is the Silver one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
T-Time.
Were you the one who had the dogs in your avy?

I remember that name. Its Crookster777 from the red site.

That red rock was a beauty. So is the Silver one.

You mean this picture of Tank? Lol. Good to hear from you Crookster, NYC right?

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
951 Posts
Haha! You have to love forums. No agreement and both ends of the spectrum on the replies! Let us know what you decide!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts