SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,766 Posts
When you say fuel system upgrade in your bio what kind of upgrade are you talkin about? I'm going to put a 285 pulley on my hellcat and want to know other than the injectors what kind of fuel pump upgrade do I need if any at all
For a 2.85 pulley, I would upgrade to FIC 1000 or ID1050x injectors, thats it. Stock fuel pump is fine with a 2.85 pulley. This goes without saying that the ECM needs to be tuned also.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
746 Posts
You can also run 700cc Demon Injectors with a 2.85 if you want to save a few hundred $$.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,766 Posts
You can also run 700cc Demon Injectors with a 2.85 if you want to save a few hundred $$.
You can but that's also on the edge of safe. Most tuners recommend 1000cc.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
@Hellno you are correct, I 100% agree with you. With a clutched pulley the blower continues to “coast” at the speed last left as the engine rpm decreases when the next gear couples up not drop in speed as it would do with a solid pulley which it has to follow engine rpm. This is even more pronounced on a stick car where the rpm differences are greater then a auto car because the auto has less ratio difference between each gear. Here’s a graph in Diablo Sport, the light brown line is boost, green rpm, the other green one barometric pressure so boost can be calculated. It shows boost holding not dropping with rpm. BUT the decoupling pulley was used by the mfg to prevent the shock loading from that same change in speed between gears, same in a alternator, it’s much easier in belts as well.
16.97 psi of boost at the shift and 16.97 psi right when back on the throttle again after the shift, this a 2.85 Litens on a massaged blower. A solid pulley the blower speed would have been reduced following engine speed and boost pressure would have followed.
image.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
746 Posts
One of the best tuners in the business recommends 700cc Demon Injectors for pump gas with a 2.85, and 1,000cc+ if you plan on adding more power mods in the future.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,766 Posts
One of the best tuners in the business recommends 700cc Demon Injectors for pump gas with a 2.85, and 1,000cc+ if you plan on adding more power mods in the future.
Awesome, all the others recommend 1000cc injectors, just saying.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,184 Posts
Remember the days when your stock injectors were good enough for the 2.85?

The demon injectors will work. No doubt about it. The thing is your duty cycle will be high. The demon injectors are actually rated for higher fuel pressure and at the higher fuel pressure will flow more and be safer. Our stock hellcats only have single pumps.

R.K.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,766 Posts
Remember the days when your stock injectors were good enough for the 2.85?

The demon injectors will work. No doubt about it. The thing is your duty cycle will be high. The demon injectors are actually rated for higher fuel pressure and at the higher fuel pressure will flow more and be safer. Our stock hellcats only have single pumps.

R.K.
I do remember when there were no other options and before engines started having issues, hence the reason tuners started recommending 1000cc injectors for safety.

Reactions: Radride

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
746 Posts
When you say fuel system upgrade in your bio what kind of upgrade are you talkin about? I'm going to put a 285 pulley on my hellcat and want to know other than the injectors what kind of fuel pump upgrade do I need if any at all
The most important thing is to find a good tuner who has a lot of experience tuning the Hellcat platform cars at higher than stock boost levels and follow their recommendations as to any additional supporting mods you should use.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Was that 30psi ?
You need to take that figure minus barometric pressure for boost over atmosphere. Like my chart, 31.47 psi minus 14.5 atmosphere equates to 16.97 psi of boost, which BTW is being made by a 2.85 pulley on a 2.4 blower with some work done to it.
On the subject of injectors. You actually can use your stock injectors with a 2.85 with the right fuel system. But it’s cheaper and better to just go with a larger injector like Demon injectors which can be found for around $300 but be careful going with too big of an injector or you may have idle and part throttle issues. There was day when 1300’s was said to be bare minimum needed for Ethanol. Not any more, some tuners have found a way to get around that. I’m using my ID1050x on a flex tune where I make in good air 18 psi with my 2.85 Hellraiser pulley and don’t go over 75% on injector duty cycle with E85 at 6600 rpm’s and only 85% duty cycle on my fuel pumps. Enough to where even in the cold it’ll be fine.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
192 Posts
You need to take that figure minus barometric pressure for boost over atmosphere. Like my chart, 31.47 psi minus 14.5 atmosphere equates to 16.97 psi of boost, which BTW is being made by a 2.85 pulley on a 2.4 blower with some work done to it.
On the subject of injectors. You actually can use your stock injectors with a 2.85 with the right fuel system. But it’s cheaper and better to just go with a larger injector like Demon injectors which can be found for around $300 but be careful going with too big of an injector or you may have idle and part throttle issues. There was day when 1300’s was said to be bare minimum needed for Ethanol. Not any more, some tuners have found a way to get around that. I’m using my ID1050x on a flex tune where I make in good air 18 psi with my 2.85 Hellraiser pulley and don’t go over 75% on injector duty cycle with E85 at 6600 rpm’s and only 85% duty cycle on my fuel pumps. Enough to where even in the cold it’ll be fine.
I assume you are running some sort of drop in dual pump set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I assume you are running some sort of drop in dual pump set up?

YES, the dual 285 system from TAPPED Performance, their plug and play wiring harness looks factory and makes the upgrade a 3 hour job tops. I’ve still yet to install the ethanol filter under the car, that’s a this winter project.

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
192 Posts
YES, the dual 285 system from TAPPED Performance, their plug and play wiring harness looks factory and makes the upgrade a 3 hour job tops. I’ve still yet to install the ethanol filter under the car, that’s a this winter project.
Their kit is awesome. I have 1050X’s and a 2.85” upper I am going to be installing over winter and was debating E85 and was curious if I could do it without a dual pump but I think that’s a no go

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,766 Posts
Their kit is awesome. I have 1050X’s and a 2.85” upper I am going to be installing over winter and was debating E85 and was curious if I could do it without a dual pump but I think that’s a no go

E85 is a no go without dual pumps.

Reactions: CatDaddyB5

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Pumps are an easy upgrade, keep an eye out for a setup for sale on the forums, I got mine for about 60% of new and bought the filter setup new from them direct. You can do E85 or a flex tune with the 1050’s. Here’s my injector duty cycle WOT with ID1050x with 83% Ethanol
A39835B4-D04E-4D81-B67C-53FB7884C349.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
192 Posts
Pumps are an easy upgrade, keep an eye out for a setup for sale on the forums, I got mine for about 60% of new and bought the filter setup new from them direct. You can do E85 or a flex tune with the 1050’s. Here’s my injector duty cycle WOT with ID1050x with 83% Ethanol
View attachment 562637
I’ve been watch for them to pop up on here. And yes a flex tune is my plan. 2.85” upper with 10% lower will be what I do when I go to ethanol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,184 Posts
I'm assuming with this kit the Demon injectors will suffice for pump gas use up to a 2.65 pulley because the Demon injectors are high pressure injectors. Also, if the pump install is plug and play, I'm assuming a retune will be required?

R.K.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
No retune is required for the dual pump setup as they will just run slower to maintain the desired fuel pressure. But a tune can up that desired fuel pressure figure and make small injectors into bigger ones.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts