SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess if you got the money you do what you want but a shame to cut this car up.

Demon #2762
172 miles
Asking $145,995

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,862 Posts
The Demon is such a heavy looking car I just don't like it as a convertible.

Maybe Kevin Hart would buy it!

Linda :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Agree, that is a bad look for such a nice car. The owner will lose $$$ on that deal.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
5 Posts
Looks nice but a Demon would seem too powerful for a car without a top. I'd think the body would flex too much.

What I'd LOVE to see is an RT version of the Barracuda in a convertible. I love the '70-'71 and feel that this would be a great addition to their line up. I think the Cuda may have been the Plymouth version of the Challenger, but I'd hope for a slightly small car (than the Challenger) with ample power (not stupid power) and available as a convertible. Its selling points would be the size and convertible.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
64 Posts
Race it, mod it, put miles on it, but please don’t cut it. I actually kind of like the look and I’m sure it can be done very very well, but there are plenty of leftover Hellcats out there that can be used for such a purpose (albeit, still a shame in my opinion).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
11 Posts
I don't mind the look. I happen to like high horsepower convertibles (have a 662hp GT500 vert also). To each their own. If somebody wants to cut the roof off their Demon...well, it's a free country. They probably understand it will affect the value negatively, etc. Some folks just like to customize their stuff, or modify for racing, etc. I have a buddy who can not keep any of his cars factory stock. He hates factory stock and always has to modify something.

I looked up the website of the company that performed the conversion. They aren't hacks. They've done a number of Challengers, Chargers, and other makes of vehicles. Heck, they even won an award from FCA, so that should give them some credibility. They reinforce the body for those who commented about concern for body flex. And their work looks clean, is done not to void the factory warranty, and comes with a warranty for the convertible work to the car.

I wonder if the seller will get his return on investment. This has got to be expensive. This car was for sale on the conversion company website for $10K less than what the selling dealer is asking. Seller who consigned it to the dealer may not get his money back on the conversion if there are no buyers out there looking for a Demon vert.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Kevin Hart didn’t buy it. I did...and it is the BADDEST convertible on the road. Well worth the $$$.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,862 Posts
Kevin Hart didn’t buy it. I did...and it is the BADDEST convertible on the road. Well worth the $$$.
OK, so over in our Welcoming forum section please post up a thread and include some pictures of the BADDEST convertible on the road. The guys love pictures and you should have a proper Welcoming to the forum.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
What's done is done! Whether I agree or disagree with the choice it still would be the Baddest Convertible I've seen that I can remember.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I actually like it

probably looks horrible with the top up though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts