SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Never was able to find this info definitively on this forum for the Demon so I thought I would post for posterity.)

I was looking for the most cost effective true bolt on exhaust mod to give my Demon a bit more bite in the sound department.

Stainless Works Hemi 3” Off-Road Mid Pipes with Big Daddie’s Garage Mini Cat O2 Sensor CEL FIX will fit well and work on the Demon without setting any codes.
MFER-1 Active Exhaust Valve Lockout Plates also fit well and work on the Demon.

Combined this gave me the volume I was looking for with no drone at cruising speeds.
Note there is a bit of a drone at very slight part throttle acceleration but moving the throttle either more/less gets the drone to stop.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
519 Posts
Are there not two sets of O2 sensors on your Demon? Was thinking of doing this on my Redeye. Never mind I see it is in the exhaust Manifold

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to include -

I had first tried JBA Performance Exhaust 2967SY mid pipes (since I got them at a discounted price) but they didn't come close to fitting.

I would not recommend JBA 2967SY.

I measured them against the stock CAT pipes; passenger side dropped 2" below stock pipes, driver side dropped 1" below stock pipes and exit OD was 1/8" too large to fit into rear stock pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,640 Posts
Forgot to include -

I had first tried JBA Performance Exhaust 2967SY mid pipes (since I got them at a discounted price) but they didn't come close to fitting.

I would not recommend JBA 2967SY.

I measured them against the stock CAT pipes; passenger side dropped 2" below stock pipes, driver side dropped 1" below stock pipes and exit OD was 1/8" too large to fit into rear stock pipes.
That part number is not even the right part number for the application. Not likely to ever fit properly. JBA does make the right part number, not sure why you did not just order those........ 2968SD

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That part number is not even the right part number for the application. Not likely to ever fit properly. JBA does make the right part number, not sure why you did not just order those........ 2968SD
As originally stated, got them at a very discounted price with the car purchase so I took a chance.....which didn't work out....was just documenting so someone else wouldn't fall into same hole.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,640 Posts
As originally stated, got them at a very discounted price with the car purchase so I took a chance.....which didn't work out....was just documenting so someone else wouldn't fall into same hole.
Sorry, I thought you purchased them at a discount. By themselves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
(Never was able to find this info definitively on this forum for the Demon so I thought I would post for posterity.)

I was looking for the most cost effective true bolt on exhaust mod to give my Demon a bit more bite in the sound department.

Stainless Works Hemi 3” Off-Road Mid Pipes with Big Daddie’s Garage Mini Cat O2 Sensor CEL FIX will fit well and work on the Demon without setting any codes.
MFER-1 Active Exhaust Valve Lockout Plates also fit well and work on the Demon.

Combined this gave me the volume I was looking for with no drone at cruising speeds.
Note there is a bit of a drone at very slight part throttle acceleration but moving the throttle either more/less gets the drone to stop.
Do you still have the mid pipes?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
564 Posts
Able to share some samples of the results?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts