SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Demon warranty was denied because the demon came from Canada, wtf. Seriously dodge its still a dodge even if its from canada!? @DodgeCares can you guys help with this?? Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,748 Posts
Yep, that’s the typical FCA stand for all cross border vehicles unfortunately. I don’t get it either.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,265 Posts
A lot of manufactures are like this . They want you to buy and deal with your own country and economy. Some companies won't even sell you a product if you live in another country .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bullshit since its also a limited production car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,265 Posts
Bullshit since its also a limited production car.

I agree with you . Considering they are all manufactured at the same location .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you . Considering they are all manufactured at the same location .

Thats a pretty big hit to take if something goes wrong. Its a shame.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
552 Posts
If you bought it from a dealer I'm surprised they didn't tell you. I was looking at a car in the US that was shipped in. Huge price difference between others I had looked at, dealer said it was because there was no warranty since it was from Canada.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you bought it from a dealer I'm surprised they didn't tell you. I was looking at a car in the US that was shipped in. Huge price difference between others I had looked at, dealer said it was because there was no warranty since it was from Canada.
Was bought at an auto auction.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,302 Posts
If it was purchased at an auto auction it would have been announced 'Previous Canandian' at the time of sale. If it was a wholesale dealer auction it will be listed on the purchase slip and whatever dealer you used definitely knew.

Reactions: DShatzerD

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,818 Posts
Really! mime came from Canada, dont they all come from Canada??
On your build sheet it will either say built to US Market Specifications or Canadian Specifications, whichever market your car is built for is where it needs to be registered for warranty coverage. There's a couple exceptions to this but basically this is the way it has been since 2003.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,818 Posts
Not gonna work either, once a Canadian spec car is registered in the US, all factory warranty coverage is over. FCA won't even sell you another or extended warranty, you have to buy a 3rd party warranty if you want coverage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,314 Posts
How do you not know this before buying the car?

How did you register it in the US without a letter from FCA? Cars built for foreign markets need to be certified via EPA before being registered in US, depending on how old they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How do you not know this before buying the car?

How did you register it in the US without a letter from FCA? Cars built for foreign markets need to be certified via EPA before being registered in US, depending on how old they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its my friends car hes an old man and not tech savy lol

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
I wonder what happens if I'm a Canadian visiting the US and I need warranty work....am I covered ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts