SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 2 more Demon's on the auction block coming up in Glendale this month. In January, there were 2 Demon's that auctioned off at 189k and 192k. With the low mileage on these I wonder if we will see 200k? Either way it's to much fun to drive so no amount would draw mine out to sell, but interesting nonetheless to watch.

Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive parking light

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
2,067 Posts
There’s been sprinkling’s of 200k+ demons up for sale since day one even before they were delivered, they’d flip their orders on eBay for insane prices, don’t think there were any takers but they’re allowed to dream too

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,765 Posts
I seriously doubt anyone is actually paying that much for a Demon unless they truly have money to blow...is it not just an older SuperStock for the most part?
Pretty much but it doesnt matter. No one has ever heard of a SS and theyre not a one year only limited, numbered car with the most hype ever.
I'm with you though. I'd be all over a SS for less.

·
Challenger SRT Demon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crazy world. Apparently, plenty of suckers to pay $200k for a modern day challenger, demon or not. All common sense has been lost.
Not sure I agree there given the uniqueness of the car's performance. 3000 made and you figure 1/2 that amount were drag strip enthusiasts leaving a finite number in pristine condition. Simple supply and demand take over in a world were money is quite plentiful.

Reactions: Parshooter

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
644 Posts
Not sure I agree there given the uniqueness of the car's performance. 3000 made and you figure 1/2 that amount were drag strip enthusiasts leaving a finite number in pristine condition. Simple supply and demand take over in a world were money is quite plentiful.
if for strictly investment purposes, which also means 0 usage of car, plus all cost for taking care of normal tear and wear to preserve original equipment, then there are better candidates out there for the same asking price.

I don't see anyone profiting from this in their lifetime if they buy now and also assume the maintenance and management costs depicted above. Now, the guy who bought this for 80-90k and selling it for $200k is the one who made a good move.

·
Registered
918 Posts
90K turned into 200K in we will say 5 years is better than average.

Some assumptions there.

Also as a Super Stock owner. There are going to end up fewer Super Stocks but the # on the dash of the Demon is always going to make them more valuable IMO.

my .02

·
Challenger SRT Demon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Never purchased a modern day car for an investment, only one that i didn't lose on were both R8's. While the Demon is a good one to do so, they did make quiet a bit of them which is surprising. None of you will lose on them if you want or need to get rid of. Agree on the super stock being the one regarding low numbers that could be more rare in that sense but no where near as hyped or will be known to the common car folks. Long story short, I've always wanted a Demon but now have a SS and i'm totally cool with it. But props to the demon owners that are driving theirs, seriously that is what they are for! Enjoy!

Check this 2021 SS out he want's 145k for it! Crazy to think, all the Demon's are pasted factory warranty now, yes? Assuming this is the only way to get one with a warranty at this point. Ok i know its not a demon but lol.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Never purchased a modern day car for an investment, only one that i didn't lose on were both R8's. While the Demon is a good one to do so, they did make quiet a bit of them which is surprising. None of you will lose on them if you want or need to get rid of. Agree on the super stock being the one regarding low numbers that could be more rare in that sense but no where near as hyped or will be known to the common car folks. Long story short, I've always wanted a Demon but now have a SS and i'm totally cool with it. But props to the demon owners that are driving theirs, seriously that is what they are for! Enjoy!

Check this guy out he want's 145k and that's for a Super Stock! Crazy to think, all the Demon's are pasted factory warranty now, yes?

·
Challenger SRT Demon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At the Mecum INDY 2022 auction a Demon sold for $200,000.00
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: GOMER

·
Challenger SRT Demon
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now at the Tulsa Mecum auction next week a 2022 Challenger Super Stock will be auctioned... C'mon baby let's see that demand
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

1 - 20 of 61 Posts