SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this probably has been discussed already, but how many people that have a Hellcat Redeye currently are going to grab a Jailbreak? I have a 2020 Redeye Pitch Black that I am looking to sell now that I have a solid deposit and build on a Jailbreak.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
I know this probably has been discussed already, but how many people that have a Hellcat Redeye currently are going to grab a Jailbreak? I have a 2020 Redeye Pitch Black that I am looking to sell now that I have a solid deposit and build on a Jailbreak.
I have a build on a Jailbreak put in about a week ago. $1,000 deposit, no ADM.

·
Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
68 Posts
Awesome you have a deposit on a JB, what options did you get?
I actually went the other way, I was gonna order a JB, a friend that has a dealership said he would for MSRP.
But I found a REWB Challenger that was very close to what I wanted, so got that instead.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Did you so something new color and package wise compared to your redeye? BTW, if someone reading this wants to buy a 2020 Redeye with 4500 miles on it, PM me. I don't think I will be making it to the 40 posts on this thread to qualify for the Classified section.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
Just curious of what benefit will you get out of the JailBreak that is not currently on your 2020 RE?
Mine is a plain Jane Hellcat.

Awesome you have a deposit on a JB, what options did you get?
I wanted the Jailbreak for the desire to have a REWB before they become unobtainium. The only way to get options on a REWB in 2022 is to opt for the Jailbreak. Mine is configured as follows:

White knuckle / red stripes
Demonic red laguna blk/red interior
Alcantara headliner
Copper weave carbon fiber trim
Brass monkey wheels and badges
Hood pins
Nav
Harmon+Kardon sound
Driver Convenience Group (BLIS, HID Headlights, Rear cross path sensors)
2.62 rear. Not a huge fan of the 3.09. This car will be a cruiser, not a track car:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So to answer both questions, I am going with the Jailbreak because it will be the end of the era for that car as we have all been told, and I was going to do a different color, but in the end, hate it or love it, I kept with pitch black exterior, but changed it to the new hammerhead grey leather with carbon fiber trim. I am really excited for this car. My 2020 I purchased from a dealer, so it wasn't exactly what I wanted. This JB is mine all mine.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Awesome. Did you so something new color and package wise compared to your redeye? BTW, if someone reading this wants to buy a 2020 Redeye with 4500 miles on it, PM me. I don't think I will be making it to the 40 posts on this thread to qualify for the Classified section.
My apologies Mr. Cool, I'm not understanding the question or who it is to.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Mine is a plain Jane Hellcat.

I wanted the Jailbreak for desire to have a REWB before they become unobtainium. The only way to get options on a REWB in 2022 is to opt for the Jailbreak. Mine is configured as follows:

White knuckle / red stripes
Demonic red laguna blk/red interior
Alcantara headliner
Copper weave carbon fiber trim
Brass monkey wheels and badges
Hood pins
Nav
Harmon+Kardon sound
Driver Convenience Group (BLIS, HID Headlights, Rear cross path sensors)
2.68 rear. Not a huge fan of the 3.09. This car will be a cruiser, not a track car:)
That sounds like a gorgeous build, hope you post some pictures when you get it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More just Olde actually. That is a great build. I wanted to put the carbon grey stripes on my build but it would not let me. Dealer going to do it when it arrives. For the record, my 2020 is a REWB as well. No stripes.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,786 Posts
Ok so a few thoughts.
First, congrats. I love getting new cars lol.
I may be alone here but I cant seem to understand the purchase, especially because the exterior color is the same and the drivetrain is the same. I understand it's your money and your choice, I'm just trying to figure out if a badge and different color seats would be worth the money lost. Not bagging on you by any means but I'd think 2023 would be the year to really be sure that you get the last latest greatest ICE Hellcat (for a hefty fee I'm sure). Surely the JB will be a bridge to get to whatever the swan song model will actually be as I dont see the JB as being the send off model. I'd be wondering what's coming in 2023 if the goal is to have the last top tier Hellcat. That's the true end of era year.
Again just thoughts, not trying to diminish your reasoning. And congrats, you'll love it regardless.

Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,736 Posts
I think Xylander is due now and I don’t think he has a WB…Slowpoke is due next year and I’m sure he’ll get the final frontier model before they pack it up for good, and at of course not a penny over cost (he has that power) me I’m gonna wait for the Fratzog emblem on the rear panel era and keep my ss in the stable

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
Ok so a few thoughts.
I may be alone here but I cant seem to understand the purchase, especially because the exterior color is the same and the drivetrain is the same. I understand it's your money and your choice, I'm just trying to figure out if a badge and different color seats would be worth the money lost. Not bagging on you by any means but I'd think 2023 would be the year to really be sure that you get the last latest greatest ICE Hellcat (for a hefty fee I'm sure). Surely the JB will be a bridge to get to whatever the swan song model will actually be as I dont see the JB as being the send off model. I'd be wondering what's coming in 2023 if the goal is to have the last top tier Hellcat. That's the true end of era year.
Again just thoughts, not trying to diminish your reasoning. And congrats, you'll love it regardless.
Oh trust me, I get the resistance. I've gone so far as to name this car, "Red Pill" as it is a bitter dose of reality.

My reasoning has to do with the fact that I don't like "normal" cars. When I order one, I want it my way. I could have ordered a standard REWB, but they are totally stripped of options. Solid colors only and the only options you can get are cloth/leather, Nav, H+K, and sunroof. If I wanted a black interior with the same odd interior aluminum trim with stock black wheels, I'd have gone that route... albeit at a price increase (83k or so).

For 13 grand more, I can have it built my way with the seat color and fabric of choice, interior trim selection, wheel selection, badge color, stripes or painted satin, steering wheel upgrades, and so on. Yes, it's ludicrously expensive to the point where it makes me a little sick to have paid over 100 grand after taxes are added in. However, this is the last of the Hellcats and I have one chance in life to own the baddest muscle car of all time. Since I can't ever get another one, I wanted one fully loaded, and the only way to get one is to do it with a Jailbreak.

The 2023s will be unobtainable for many people (me included). They'll all have high ADMs, long wait times, and they'll be completely priced out of the stratosphere on their MSRPs... especially for any special final models. I ordered mine with no ADM as part of the agreement, in writing. The chances of getting a no ADM 2023 will be very slim. I'm sure exceptions will occur, but no dealer worth their salt is going to let one of the 23s slip without a massive markup.

This will hold true, I think, for all of the V8 Challengers and Chargers, not just the Hellcats and Redeyes.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Ok so a few thoughts.
Deep down I think that's what I'm waiting on, too.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
And, I forgot to mention the other side of this coin is that I'm trying to sell my car while there's still a used resale bubble. If I wait a year for the market to correct and get inventories back up... then I lose even more money on a 2023 deal as mine will be worth potentially less. At least right now I can unload my 2020 Hellcat for its original MSRP. I'm not sure that this will stay true this time next year. So, I decided to sell it and replace it now while I have a given positive set of conditions. I'm certain my car isn't going to increase in value over the next year. Thus, I can only lose by waiting.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh trust me, I get the resistance. I've gone so far as to name this car, "Red Pill" as it is a bitter dose of reality.

My reasoning has to do with the fact that I don't like "normal" cars. When I order one, I want it my way. I could have ordered a standard REWB, but they are totally stripped of options. Solid colors only and the only options you can get are cloth/leather, Nav, H+K, and sunroof. If I wanted a black interior with the same odd interior aluminum trim with stock black wheels, I'd have gone that route... albeit at a price increase (83k or so).

For 13 grand more, I can have it built my way with the seat color and fabric of choice, interior trim selection, wheel selection, badge color, stripes or painted satin, steering wheel upgrades, and so on. Yes, it's ludicrously expensive to the point where it makes me a little sick to have paid over 100 grand after taxes are added in. However, this is the last of the Hellcats and I have one chance in life to own the baddest muscle car of all time. Since I can't ever get another one, I wanted one fully loaded, and the only way to get one is to do it with a Jailbreak.

The 2023s will be unobtainable for many people (me included). They'll all have high ADMs, long wait times, and they'll be completely priced out of the stratosphere on their MSRPs... especially for any special final models. I ordered mine with no ADM as part of the agreement, in writing. The chances of getting a no ADM 2023 will be very slim. I'm sure exceptions will occur, but no dealer worth their salt is going to let one of the 23s slip without a massive markup.

This will hold true, I think, for all of the V8 Challengers and Chargers, not just the Hellcats and Redeyes.
$10 says I can order any model '23 with no ADM at employee pricing

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts

Lol my post was for OP.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
1 - 20 of 90 Posts