SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

Registered
2020 M6 HC
You do realize the car market has changed quite a bit since last year.
That is my point. People are paying $1k for the option to buy more options and happy to get a WB at MSRP. Last year it was all about power dollars and dealer discounts, guys were bragging about getting 19 and 20 RE鈥檚 for $12k under sticker. The 22 NB (which does not suit many) is only about $2k over 21's and is getting Koons full discount, all the HP at a (relatively) bargain price.

I feel very lucky, I expect Dodge will soon make every HC an overpriced special edition. It almost seems like the most profitable thing Dodge has done with these cars was cancel the platform!

Registered
2020 M6 HC
Yes, well, I didn't really care for the Challenger WB when I first saw it. I'm OK with it now. I do happen to prefer it on the Charger so that's what I ordered. I have a Scat Challenger NB with the Dynamics package and the 275 tires currently. Obviously with 800 HP on a NBRE that tire gets overwhelmed pretty quickly. To my untrained eye, the 275 looks really small. My ZL1 has 315's. If they engineered the Challenger to mount a 315 on the back without the stick on flares and have it tucked that would be great. Of course you can get a 275 to hook with enough sidewall by changing the wheel size and going with a DR. And in stock configuration I would assume that you have the fastest top speed of any other model. Correct? The last test I saw on a NB Hellcat Charger (only 717 hp) had it at 203 MPH. So you have the NB Challenger with another 80 HP. Skip the unsprung weight on the bigger wheels and tires, skip the wind drag on the flares, skip the weight on all these items. I think I read that the top speed on a HCREWB Charger was still going to be 203 MPH. Wonder how much faster your car will be without all the drag and weight? If anyone knows I would like to hear it. I know I won't ever crack 150 but it's nice to know. One man's meat is another man's poison.
305鈥檚 are stock on WB on fit fine on a NB (rear). Most 315鈥檚 will also fit the NB but they may stick out a tiny bit which is why guys put on the Little Devils. It seems like 315鈥檚 is what most guys are putting on WB鈥檚. I think 345鈥檚 will fit, but there is not a great selection of wheels for that. It seems like 305 or 315 DR鈥檚 are a better option. I鈥檓 considering an extra set of rears with DR鈥檚 to put on for the rare occasion I go to the strip.

I do not race but it seems like the serious guys put on 17鈥 or 18鈥 with MT鈥檚 which fit the NB also, which is an option I am considering. Other than the suspension tuning on the SS, I don鈥檛 know what the WB offers at the strip. A road course, sure.

I鈥檓 not a racer so I don鈥檛 know much about all this, I am just a simple (but happy) NB owner. :)

Registered
Who cares the WB goes a couple of MPH less on the top speed. No one drives them that fast. I think it's more about quickness than top speed. They are both wonderful cars.
Oh, I agree. Quarter mile is a better metric for me personally but there are a lot of metrics right? Top speed of a GT500 is 180 MPH. Top speed of a NBHCRE is unknown or nobody cares? Say it's 205 MPH. Well what other questions does that lead to? I would immediately be interested in understanding if that lower top speed is due to gearing, wind drag, or perhaps an overinflated HP number. The Bugatti Chiron Super Sport does 304 MPH. Am I buying one. No. As a "car person" do I find it interesting that a production car can go that fast. Yeah, I think it's a neat factoid. I'm buying a Widebody so top speed must not me very important to me. Still like to compare and understand the differences between different configurations. I thought that's what people on car forums discussed? Guess not.

Registered
Oh, I agree. Quarter mile is a better metric for me personally but there are a lot of metrics right? Top speed of a GT500 is 180 MPH. Top speed of a NBHCRE is unknown or nobody cares? Say it's 205 MPH. Well what other questions does that lead to? I would immediately be interested in understanding if that lower top speed is due to gearing, wind drag, or perhaps an overinflated HP number. The Bugatti Chiron Super Sport does 304 MPH. Am I buying one. No. As a "car person" do I find it interesting that a production car can go that fast. Yeah, I think it's a neat factoid. I'm buying a Widebody so top speed must not me very important to me. Still like to compare and understand the differences between different configurations. I thought that's what people on car forums discussed? Guess not.
I'm actually in agreement. I thought you were touting the Standard Hellcat over the WB due to its higher top speed. My bad for misunderstanding.

Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
It is all about bragging rights. Always has been and always will be. It's the entire backbone of muscle car buying, collecting, racing, cruising, choosing SB or WB, buying a JB for the 10hp or rare clown combo, or just arguing here.
However people make their decisions it always boils down to bragging rights lol.

Registered
It is all about bragging rights. Always has been and always will be. It's the entire backbone of muscle car buying, collecting, racing, cruising, choosing SB or WB, buying a JB for the 10hp or rare clown combo, or just arguing here.
However people make their decisions it always boils down to bragging rights lol.
I had the fastest un opened motor 6 speed 04-06 GTO in the country with full interior in the color blue !

True story
:ROFLMAO:

Registered
For me, it's about having the car I want. I think the WB looks great on the Charger, less so on the Challenger, so I have the standard body.

BTW to @JMAbacus, a factoid is not a "little fact", it's actually something that is false but is repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact. Here's a link to a bunch of factoids:
https://wp-assets.futurism.com/2015/01/common-myths.png

Registered
For me, it's about having the car I want. I think the WB looks great on the Charger, less so on the Challenger, so I have the standard body.

BTW to @JMAbacus, a factoid is not a "little fact", it's actually something that is false but is repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact. Here's a link to a bunch of factoids:
https://wp-assets.futurism.com/2015/01/common-myths.png
Thank you for the English lesson. I like to think I have average intelligence and an average vocabulary but I certainly like to learn and can improve. 99% of what I know about ordering a Hellcat has come from the board so it has been, and continues to be, a great a great source of information. So I am going to restate my Bugatti comment.
"On August 2, 2019, however, the Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+ prototype was tested at Volkswagen鈥檚 facility in Ehra-Lessien, Germany, and reached a top speed of 304.77 mph. T脺V, Germany鈥檚 Technical Inspection Association, verified the Bugatti Chiron as the first production vehicle to break 300 mph. Other high-performance models like the Lamborghini Aventador barely scratch the surface of what the Chiron can accomplish." This quote is from the Bugatti website. So my comment now is that it appears (this was the prototype) that Bugatti has a a production vehicle capable of of over 300 MPH. I'll drop the use of factoid.

Registered
Thank you for the English lesson. I like to think I have average intelligence and an average vocabulary but I certainly like to learn and can improve. 99% of what I know about ordering a Hellcat has come from the board so it has been, and continues to be, a great a great source of information. So I am going to restate my Bugatti comment.
"On August 2, 2019, however, the Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+ prototype was tested at Volkswagen鈥檚 facility in Ehra-Lessien, Germany, and reached a top speed of 304.77 mph. T脺V, Germany鈥檚 Technical Inspection Association, verified the Bugatti Chiron as the first production vehicle to break 300 mph. Other high-performance models like the Lamborghini Aventador barely scratch the surface of what the Chiron can accomplish." This quote is from the Bugatti website. So my comment now is that it appears (this was the prototype) that Bugatti has a a production vehicle capable of of over 300 MPH. I'll drop the use of factoid.
Keep it in your vocabulary...just use it correctly:giggle:

Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
Excuse my late entry into this topic. I read the first two pages of replies to this thread and admit while I first heard of the Jailbreak option last month, I only decided to investigate it just now. By the name Jailbreak, I erroneously assumed that Dodge was going to start selling Hellcats of all flavors with unlocked PCM's (I was thinking it would be more like jailbreak smartphones).

From what I've read in this thread, the Dodge Jailbreak is removing all ordering restrictions with regard to unlimited interior matches to all exterior colors, plus unlimited wheel ordering with any color combination. Am I reading this right?

Are there any performance enhancements? I thought I read the 797 HP was being bumped up to 807.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Excuse my late entry into this topic. I read the first two pages of replies to this thread and admit while I first heard of the Jailbreak option last month, I only decided to investigate it just now. By the name Jailbreak, I erroneously assumed that Dodge was going to start selling Hellcats of all flavors with unlocked PCM's (I was thinking it would be more like jailbreak smartphones).

From what I've read in this thread, the Dodge Jailbreak is removing all ordering restrictions with regard to unlimited interior matches to all exterior colors, plus unlimited wheel ordering with any color combination. Am I reading this right?

Are there any performance enhancements? I thought I read the 797 HP was being bumped up to 807.
yep bang on 100% Now you just pay about $5000.00 more than last year for the same car...LOL

Registered
:ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE]
yep bang on 100% Now you just pay about $5000.00 more than last year for the same car...LOL
Yes, that's the gist of it no doubt. However, the actual MSRP from from package 27Z (Redeye) to package 27 D (Jailbreak) is $995. The base Hellcat also recently went up $1000 on MSRP. I didn't look at it line by line but I don't think my Navigation and Travel Group, Warp Speed Wheels, or Harmon Kardon Audio changed at all. I think the big money comes in depending on what the dealer wants to charge for the JB. The below invoice pricing seems scarce where is was prevalent in the past. If you talk about a 30K ADM then it's really an extra 30K plus right off the bat. Not sure anyone on this board would pay that but who knows. As for the 10 Hp difference I won't touch that subject. Too many smart people on the site and a huge thread on the topic to search with dyno graphs on the engines. I had a question about those slightly different RPM levels but will save that for a PM and not get flamed. Consensus was there is no horsepower increase, just a manipulation of the information. If the engineer in the dyno room says their the same then it sort of becomes a dead issue. The onion was peeled all the way to the core.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Ordered my 2022 challenger JB Monday. was charged $2500 ADM as they only had a couple of allocations鈥 that said I got it spec the way I wanted 鈥. Now the question is when will it get Delivered. They mentioned 4 months but I feel it鈥檚 probably more like 6 months or so鈥.

Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
Just my 2 cents
When configuring a 22 JailBreak to the same exact spec of my 21 Charger HCRE it came back as $3K more for the same car!
I feel sorry for the 22 guys/gals but glad I got mine when I did. FCA was also offering about 5k in incentives last year.
That is almost an 8k swing in price before ADMs.

Registered
Just my 2 cents
When configuring a 22 JailBreak to the same exact spec of my 21 Charger HCRE it came back as $3K more for the same car!
I feel sorry for the 22 guys/gals but glad I got mine when I did. FCA was also offering about 5k in incentives last year.
That is almost an 8k swing in price before ADMs.
Inflation everyplace is horrible.... but my wife is getting a 22 Jeep at just over invoice. We both know odds of a rebate over the military one is slim to none.

Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
I know this probably has been discussed already, but how many people that have a Hellcat Redeye currently are going to grab a Jailbreak? I have a 2020 Redeye Pitch Black that I am looking to sell now that I have a solid deposit and build on a Jailbreak.
I have a 2019 plum WB redeye , 3400 miles, with about all options but sunroof and painted top, not going to give it up, maybe if I had a ton of miles or problems, however mine is still basically new and in a color Unavailable, I just replaced tires hahaha , good luck with new build鈥

Registered
Ok so a few thoughts.
First, congrats. I love getting new cars lol.
I may be alone here but I cant seem to understand the purchase, especially because the exterior color is the same and the drivetrain is the same. I understand it's your money and your choice, I'm just trying to figure out if a badge and different color seats would be worth the money lost. Not bagging on you by any means but I'd think 2023 would be the year to really be sure that you get the last latest greatest ICE Hellcat (for a hefty fee I'm sure). Surely the JB will be a bridge to get to whatever the swan song model will actually be as I dont see the JB as being the send off model. I'd be wondering what's coming in 2023 if the goal is to have the last top tier Hellcat. That's the true end of era year.
Again just thoughts, not trying to diminish your reasoning. And congrats, you'll love it regardless.
I know Dodge has been saying 2023 is the final year, however I heard from a Chrysler rep that 2022 might be it. There is talk that SRT may pull the plug at the end of the 2022 production run.
This makes sense to me because that plant is scheduled to close mid 2023. Like currently they have 2021 orders spilling over into 2022, they could just finish all the 2022 orders then shut down rather than build a new model year only for a few months

61 - 80 of 90 Posts