SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a diablo intune3 with an unlocked pcm. I installed a basic can tune just until I get it professionally tuned and it dropped my AFR to the 9's! Idling or WOT still 9. I deleted the tune and restored the factory tune and the AFR went back to normal. I then tried the 93 LMI can tune and same thing. (I've got an LMI)

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
How do you know it is 9 to 1. If on the dash you need to do some math. Dodge uses a stoich of 13.8 or something close to that. Still though you would be running rich if running E10. It would be about a half a point higher than the 9.0.
If you are using the tool from Diablo it will not give you accurate readings.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,102 Posts
It "sounds" like the tune isn't fully loading for some reason. A canned tune like that should make small, if any, changes to the fueling. If you have issues like that I'd send it back and get HPTuners. Way better.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,046 Posts
I wonder if getting a log and checking with the DS Dataviewer would help, e.g. fuel trims, etc.

It may be the way DS has stoich referenced in their tunes? Regardless, the AFR in the dash means nothing.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,520 Posts
Get the stock tune back in. This is a bug that has occurred. JMCrides on YouTube had a video on this. Car idled and drive like crap too. Corrupt tune most likely.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,520 Posts
I load and change tunes with the door open now. Sometimes the PCM can time out even if the key is on and door is closed. Diablo said I could try leaving the hazards on too to prevent it going to "sleep"

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
386 Posts
I wonder if getting a log and checking with the DS Dataviewer would help, e.g. fuel trims, etc.

It may be the way DS has stoich referenced in their tunes? Regardless, the AFR in the dash means nothing.
The AFR in the dash on these cars is deadly accurate.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,134 Posts
I would Contact Diablo and let them know.
Top Tuners Such as AJ Hemi Tuner Josh High Horse Performance and Tim Barth Tuning
All use Diablo and what many don't get in the back ground they are helpful.

Also whoever you may be using for the professional tune may help you out now with questions.

Linda :)

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
563 Posts
It sounds like you did not update and register your handheld more than likely when you pulled it out of the box before you put it on the car per their limited instructions. You probably have outdated firmware on it from an early release for your cars’ calibration and there was an issue in the basic tunes affecting the stoich point. It was fixed on almost every calibration affected fairly quickly and if the handheld has outdated software a simple update will fix it. If you’ve completed all of the updates and it still does it, then you just need to email in the info file off the tuner so they can see what your working with and they will fix it right away. Or you can call in on their tech-support number, that is one of the really nice things about Diablosport. Not all tuning companies have phone numbers.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,134 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,520 Posts
If it makes you feel any better....I've purchased THREE.....yes THREE Trinity T2's....updated them all before even walking out to my car.....every single one failed to read my cars stock tune file......sticking with my 1980's T1000 for now, old reliable.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
386 Posts
Not according my HPT log. WOT ~11.8 HPT, dash 11.2. Idle ~14.6 dash 13.7.

I’ve heard different opinions.
HPTuners displays in Lambda not AFR. That is another nice feature of HPtuners vs. other tuning software - you can actually log the information provide by the factory widebands.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
So I bought a diablo intune3 with an unlocked pcm. I installed a basic can tune just until I get it professionally tuned and it dropped my AFR to the 9's! Idling or WOT still 9. I deleted the tune and restored the factory tune and the AFR went back to normal. I then tried the 93 LMI can tune and same thing. (I've got an LMI)

Any advice?

Sorry youre having trouble. If you can send me the info file from your tool ill get you fixed up asap. I pm’d you my email address.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
105 Posts
Not according my HPT log. WOT ~11.8 HPT, dash 11.2. Idle ~14.6 dash 13.7.

I’ve heard different opinions.
Its displaying what its programmed to display. It is not inaccurate, the tune in the ECU gives the gauge its scaling. HP Tuners starts with Lambda and converts to whatever you want to log. The ECU is programmed with 13.7 as "lambda" or stoich, guessing the fuel you put in is E10, which most is. So from there its off by scaling amount. True lambda of straight gasoline is 14.7 vs the 13.7 hardcoded in your tune.

Under 20 seconds you can adjust the ECU stoich to 13.7 and the gauge will read 14.7 at idle and 11.8 at WOT.

The gauge isn't doing the reading either, the bosch oxygen sensor is, HPT and your gauge are just translating the mV output to something you want to read. The oxygen sensor is extremely accurate.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The AFR in the dash on these cars is deadly accurate.
On the stoich that Dodge uses. If you are using E85 you have to do some basic math. Just use lambda. If you want to run a lambda of .80 on E85 you would multiply that by the stoich that dodge uses. I think on wot you would want around 11.0 as a conservative tune. problem is if you are hauling ass on the freeway to read it is dangerous to take your eyes of the road. best on a dyno.

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So after posting this, Brian from diablo saw it and reached out to me. I sent him my info and he corrected everything and even made some additional tuning adjustments. Cars running great now.

Compare that level of service with HP who doesn’t even have a phone number and strictly communicate through email... definitely an awesome job done by Brian and diablosport

Reactions: FFBOS
1 - 20 of 23 Posts