SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hellcat Challenger
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend we put in the Diablosport suspension controller, Demon killer springs, Eibach front upper control arms and the DSS 1400hp axles. I did the AAD drag pack last fall as well as the new Per4mance development rear brace and front race brace.

With a new set of Nitto 555r2 315/35/20's, It dead hooks at 45 mph in 42 degree cloudy weather. I haven't tried any tuning with the controller but am extremely impressed on the huge difference it makes. The car has never even came close to hooking up on the street at almost any mph.

I can't wait to get the track tires on and see what it does (Forgestar D5 18x5 front, 17x10 rear Beadlocks with MT ET Street R's) Hoping to get to the track Saturday for a few passes.
I just wanted to give my thoughts on this and have to say I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
722 Posts
I'm still confused as to how much better this can work than stock; will we even notice the difference? That one is a stack, right?

·
Registered
2017 Hellcat Challenger
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still confused as to how much better this can work than stock; will we even notice the difference? That one is a stack, right?
Even before I put the springs in, it was night and day how much more the weight transfer was and now it corners much flatter like it's on rails. I honestly didn't think it would that much difference especially in a car that weighs almost 4400lbs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I installed one of these controllers on my 2019 Hellcat. I strictly drag race my car. My cars engine is stock with a MS109 tune and makes 749 rwhp, the car has 3.09 gears and I run 17x10 Billet Specialties Winlite wheels with Hoosiers 28x10.5/17 Drag Bracket radial and Hoosier Bias ply front runners. My car weighs exactly 300lbs less than a stock one on a scale. So far, the suspension controller has done nothing for my car. Im not sure what Im supposed to say other than maybe if the car was at a track that was prepped nice it might help. Our track has sketchy track prep. But so far, my 60 foot times have changed not at all 1.45-1.47 with my best of 1.44 (done with the stock controller and the Diablosport controller). Im really not sure if im doing something wrong, but my car does not transfer weight any differently. My good friend has a Redeye Challenger that makes 860 rwhp, has Demon Springs and AAD rear control arms and BMR Cradle lockout kit......again we see no weight transfer changes in his car with the module either. Maybe we are expecting too much, maybe we are doing something wrong. I was really hoping that the suspension controller would help the shocks act like that of a Demon. We have several friends with Demons and they transfer weight MUCH better than ours even though we have Demon Springs installed. Are Demon Shocks/struts valving different than Hellcat/Redeye. Im beginning to think so. Ive not read anything to support my theory so far. My friend called Diablosport and the person on the phone LITERALLY was reading the literature from the ad you can read online. Offered little to no help. If we need to do something additional to allow it to make a differance....I was hoping they would talk us through it not just read the document that was in front of my face.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
329 Posts
I installed one of these controllers on my 2019 Hellcat. I strictly drag race my car. My cars engine is stock with a MS109 tune and makes 749 rwhp, the car has 3.09 gears and I run 17x10 Billet Specialties Winlite wheels with Hoosiers 28x10.5/17 Drag Bracket radial and Hoosier Bias ply front runners. My car weighs exactly 300lbs less than a stock one on a scale. So far, the suspension controller has done nothing for my car. Im not sure what Im supposed to say other than maybe if the car was at a track that was prepped nice it might help. Our track has sketchy track prep. But so far, my 60 foot times have changed not at all 1.45-1.47 with my best of 1.44 (done with the stock controller and the Diablosport controller). Im really not sure if im doing something wrong, but my car does not transfer weight any differently. My good friend has a Redeye Challenger that makes 860 rwhp, has Demon Springs and AAD rear control arms and BMR Cradle lockout kit......again we see no weight transfer changes in his car with the module either. Maybe we are expecting too much, maybe we are doing something wrong. I was really hoping that the suspension controller would help the shocks act like that of a Demon. We have several friends with Demons and they transfer weight MUCH better than ours even though we have Demon Springs installed. Are Demon Shocks/struts valving different than Hellcat/Redeye. Im beginning to think so. Ive not read anything to support my theory so far. My friend called Diablosport and the person on the phone LITERALLY was reading the literature from the ad you can read online. Offered little to no help. If we need to do something additional to allow it to make a differance....I was hoping they would talk us through it not just read the document that was in front of my face.
Interesting, may I ask what settings you were using at the strip?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Interesting, may I ask what settings you were using at the strip?
Yes, Since my Challenger is a standard Hellcat, I use my Custom settings from double tapping my SRT button as I roll up to the burnout box. Transmission is Track, Suspension is Street, Traction is sport.
Track Suspension is way too stout.
My friends Redeye has the Demon Springs and uses his track mode. The Diablosport rep on the phone was asked specifically if his car needed to be in a particular mode and they said it didnt matter. He races in "Track Mode" because the chiller on his redeye functions that way. I dont know much about that since my standard Hellcat doesnt have that feature. Anyways, my cars suspension is set to "Street" with traction in sport...I notice absolutely nothing different. Like I said earlier......maybe the differance is the poorly prepped track that im forced to run on. Not sure.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
329 Posts
Yes, Since my Challenger is a standard Hellcat, I use my Custom settings from double tapping my SRT button as I roll up to the burnout box. Transmission is Track, Suspension is Street, Traction is sport.
Track Suspension is way too stout.
My friends Redeye has the Demon Springs and uses his track mode. The Diablosport rep on the phone was asked specifically if his car needed to be in a particular mode and they said it didnt matter. He races in "Track Mode" because the chiller on his redeye functions that way. I dont know much about that since my standard Hellcat doesnt have that feature. Anyways, my cars suspension is set to "Street" with traction in sport...I notice absolutely nothing different. Like I said earlier......maybe the differance is the poorly prepped track that im forced to run on. Not sure.
I have no direct experience with the unit, but others have said using track for suspension for the drag strip is best for the Diablo controller. From what others described when looking at the controller’s programming, track transfers weight best for drag purposes. It appears Diablo changed the track setting to drag when accelerating in a straight line.

Obviously, this is different from the stock track setting, which is road course focused. You may want to give this a try... couldn’t hurt.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,345 Posts
You need to “TRIGGER” the launch mode. It takes minimum 25% brake and then some throttle pressure as I understand it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
868 Posts
I was really hoping that the suspension controller would help the shocks act like that of a Demon. We have several friends with Demons and they transfer weight MUCH better than ours even though we have Demon Springs installed. Are Demon Shocks/struts valving different than Hellcat/Redeye. Im beginning to think so. Ive not read anything to support my theory so far.
They are different, and the Demons are programmed to optimize them. This controller negates the need for that level of invasive modification and investment using the stock RE/HC parts.

You need to “TRIGGER” the launch mode. It takes minimum 25% brake and then some throttle pressure as I understand it.
Or clutch in and some throttle for stick cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts