SRT Hellcat Forum banner

221 - 240 of 278 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,284 Posts
Could one buy the Diablosport box & then download the DSC "canyon carver" tunes from their site & upload them to their Diablo box?
You should ask them what is exactly included first. I am not aware it is missing anything.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,737 Posts

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,737 Posts
I forget if I asked this before or not, but since my car is my daily & I don't race it, I would be wanting AT LEAST the handling of track mode, but without the harsh ride that comes with it.

Would this controller be the ticket?
With the DiabloSport configuration, yes.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
You should ask them what is exactly included first. I am not aware it is missing anything.
So many folks are saying DSC has different tunes (I'm not saying one tune is better or worse) that we can also upload to the Diablo box & try. So why not try them all & see what you like?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,284 Posts
So many folks are saying DSC has different tunes (I'm not saying one tune is better or worse) that we can also upload to the Diablo box & try. So why not try them all & see what you like?
Nobody except a couple of Forum posts has told me anything yet, FYI. At this point I am committed to evaluating it as DS supplies it and giving extensive feedback including comparative lap times. I will have comparative lap times on May 3 from my home track, nothing will be better, because I have previously run over 100 laps there in Hellcats. After that evaluation it will be fair that I understand if there are ways to modify it or if there are indeed different “canned tunes” for us. I promise to give fair, and unbiased facts and opinions for everyone.

For the street and daily driving, as I understand the program, if the controller does not sense any G-Force readings from the sensors or no extraordinary inputs from the driver, it rides remarkable smooth. That is consistent with my first impression. Actually when changing from Street-Sport-Track on the fly and with a steady hand and feet, there was hardly any difference in the ride. When cornering, it seems to me it gives us increasing stiffness (more anti-sway) left and right as it reads increasing G-Forces from the driver input. As I understand that part, the different modes have increased stiffness/rebound etc. both in their ultimate settings and are programmed different within each mode.

For me, to begin to evaluate different programs will take a lot more experience with it. I am initially interested in the out of the box improvement, then we shall go from there. It will be fun to discuss that with them and everyone else here who is interested.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
813 Posts
Nobody except a couple of Forum posts has told me anything yet, FYI. At this point I am committed to evaluating it as DS supplies it and giving extensive feedback including comparative lap times. I will have comparative lap times on May 3 from my home track, nothing will be better, because I have previously run over 100 laps there in Hellcats. After that evaluation it will be fair that I understand if there are ways to modify it or if there are indeed different “canned tunes” for us. I promise to give fair, and unbiased facts and opinions for everyone.

For the street and daily driving, as I understand the program, if the controller does not sense any G-Force readings from the sensors or no extraordinary inputs from the driver, it rides remarkable smooth. That is consistent with my first impression. Actually when changing from Street-Sport-Track on the fly and with a steady hand and feet, there was hardly any difference in the ride. When cornering, it seems to me it gives us increasing stiffness (more anti-sway) left and right as it reads increasing G-Forces from the driver input. As I understand that part, the different modes have increased stiffness/rebound etc. both in their ultimate settings and are programmed different within each mode.

For me, to begin to evaluate different programs will take a lot more experience with it. I am initially interested in the out of the box improvement, then we shall go from there. It will be fun to discuss that with them and everyone else here who is interested.
Ditto. Too much subjective interpretation and anecdotal evidence is going to taint this product with worthless opinions and misinformation before enough of it is out in the real world. We see this speculation happen time and again from product to product in this community. Hype, nonsense, and people buying in without doing their due diligence.

There may very well be different "tunes" or "calibration" thresholds between DSC and DS out of the box. But, these are changes anyone can make should they see fit to do so.

I have the software and DSC settings sitting in a folder on my desktop. Once the hardware gets here I can make an objective review of what the differences between them are, and what suits my needs the best.

Regardless, this is very unlikely to be a "snake oil" product as DSC has a long standing reputation across multiple platforms for delivering performance improvements. I did my research and laid down my money to be a part of that.

That said: How do we activate "Launch Control" with this bad boy?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,284 Posts
Ditto. Too much subjective interpretation and anecdotal evidence is going to taint this product with worthless opinions and misinformation before enough of it is out in the real world. We see this speculation happen time and again from product to product in this community. Hype, nonsense, and people buying in without doing their due diligence.

There may very well be different "tunes" or "calibration" thresholds between DSC and DS out of the box. But, these are changes anyone can make should they see fit to do so.

I have the software and DSC settings sitting in a folder on my desktop. Once the hardware gets here I can make an objective review of what the differences between them are, and what suits my needs the best.

Regardless, this is very unlikely to be a "snake oil" product as DSC has a long standing reputation across multiple platforms for delivering performance improvements. I did my research and laid down my money to be a part of that.

That said: How do we activate "Launch Control" with this bad boy?
Mike look at the settings you downloaded. As I see their presentation, he says if the brake is held firm, and with the throttle at 25% (that is a setting) or more, it automatically will be in launch mode. The 25% and the duration of the action can be set. I look forward to some of the drag racers and DS themselves to give some more info on this stuff.

I will play with that part of it a bit in the next couple of weeks. I am going to try something simple myself; get a better 0-60.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Mike look at the settings you downloaded. As I see their presentation, he says if the brake is held firm, and with the throttle at 25% (that is a setting) or more, it automatically will be in launch mode. The 25% and the duration of the action can be set. I look forward to some of the drag racers and DS themselves to give some more info on this stuff.

I will play with that part of it a bit in the next couple of weeks. I am going to try something simple myself; get a better 0-60.
Rog, thanks. Just want to make sure it is the same across all Dodge platforms.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
722 Posts
The DCS and DS tunes are identical except for one parameter.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,737 Posts
The DCS and DS tunes are identical except for one parameter.
Looks like the Accel Tab, Threshold Timer is the only difference:

DSC Accel, Threshold Timer: 2000
Diablosport Accel, Threshold Timer: 1000

Timer: The Accel Percentage Table is applied before the G-Force Table is referenced. It is only active
for the specified “decay” value. This is usually set to 1000. 1000 = 1.0sec; 0500 = 0.5sec; etc

Looks like the DSC references the Accel % Table for 2 seconds vs. Diablosport referencing the Accel % Table for 1 second before switching over to the GForce table.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,737 Posts
It would be really interesting to be able to read the OEM suspension controller and the values on it; especially for a Demon.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
You would need the canbus addresses to read it...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,737 Posts
More impressions:
  • Sometimes, it seems to take the controller several minutes to “boot up” and be recognized by the drive mode screen. A yellow indicator on the drive mode performance screen comes up when attempting to change the suspension and seems to default back to Street, however, it does go away after several minutes and you can change between suspension settings like normal. Other times, it operates immediately on startup
  • regular driving below 40 mph, cornering is smooth, less body roll and more controlled in around town and more spirited driving. More confident taking turns with less jostling - controlled.
  • regular driving as you speed up, things stiffen up in sport and track; turning feels more controlled and predictable

Driving around this morning taking turns regular and spirited; the drive felt more rewarding. Almost like taking the perfect apex during a race.

$1k seems steep at first but I feel it is worth it. Smooth, controlled, better driving feel for daily driving. I expect, once we start seeing peoples’ track times decrease, more people will jump on board.

I’m happy with this product and a nice plug-n-play upgrade.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,284 Posts
Driving around this morning taking turns regular and spirited; the drive felt more rewarding. Almost like taking the perfect apex during a race.
Right there, that is also what I noticed just with my first couple of exits/entrance ramps.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
328 Posts
More impressions:
  • Sometimes, it seems to take the controller several minutes to “boot up” and be recognized by the drive mode screen. A yellow indicator on the drive mode performance screen comes up when attempting to change the suspension and seems to default back to Street, however, it does go away after several minutes and you can change between suspension settings like normal. Other times, it operates immediately on startup
  • regular driving below 40 mph, cornering is smooth, less body roll and more controlled in around town and more spirited driving. More confident taking turns with less jostling - controlled.
  • regular driving as you speed up, things stiffen up in sport and track; turning feels more controlled and predictable

$1k seems steep at first but I feel it is worth it. Smooth, controlled, better driving feel for daily driving. I expect, once we start seeing peoples’ track times decrease, more people will jump on board.

Nice feedback. Curious on the mode issue, I saw that in one other car but never gave it time to fix itself. The car was something of a mix with a 16 pcm and a 15 bcm or some odd combo and I assumed that was causing the issue. We tried 2 boxes in that car and both worked fine in other vehicles. Are all of your modules in original order, no weird swaps, etc?

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
More impressions:

This is what I want to hear. However, I still fear I will be disappointed regardless b/c I have owned several Miatas lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,526 Posts
Right there, that is also what I noticed just with my first couple of exits/entrance ramps.
The question I have is whether the damper settings are really stiffer than Track mode already is. I get that they are now more independent corner to corner and that they are calibrated to be more progressive, so on the street it feels more compliant until you push it hard. But . . . does it help turn in response or limit body roll vs. Track mode on a smooth road course?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,284 Posts
The question I have is whether the damper settings are really stiffer than Track mode already is. I get that they are now more independent corner to corner and that they are calibrated to be more progressive, so on the street it feels more compliant until you push it hard. But . . . does it help turn in response or limit body roll vs. Track mode on a smooth road course?
I don’t know yet. But, I would not want stiffer. No way we are going to know until a couple of us can drive it, look at it and compare some pictures. Hope the weather is good on May 3, and I’ll tell you a lot.

221 - 240 of 278 Posts