SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Diablosport suspension controller

74713 Views 554 Replies 66 Participants Last post by  blkcat2016
What does everyone think of this? I'm curious as to whether or not this decreases shock life more than normal, what the cost of the controller will be & actual proof of handling improvement. Saw their video & all it showed was cars launching. Nothing with street driving or road course...

521 - 540 of 555 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,361 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
On the fence for getting one of these- it seems that the owners of "older" Hellcats are reporting more glitches with it than 2018+ HCs... Then again, I've read articles with pre 2018 HC no issues... I don't need the hassle.

I will wait until spring and look into it again for my 2017. The controller seems to address the things in handling that I want improved and takes advantage of untapped shock capability already there!

· Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,651 Posts
On the fence for getting one of these- it seems that the owners of "older" Hellcats are reporting more glitches with it than 2018+ HCs... Then again, I've read articles with pre 2018 HC no issues... I don't need the hassle.

I will wait until spring and look into it again for my 2017. The controller seems to address the things in handling that I want improved and takes advantage of untapped shock capability already there!
I've had one on my 2015 Hellcat Challenger with no issues for some time now. Good luck.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
I've had one on my 2015 Hellcat Challenger with no issues for some time now. Good luck.
This is good news for me, I hope that when I do pull the trigger on this (eventually), that the controller is seamless in operation too. I'll see if Diablosport support has ant insight into the controller for my model year... (2017 manufactured in Dec 2016 I think).

I have the added hassle of dealing with cross border delays and associated costs.
It's totally on me to assume the responsibility for my purchase decision- and possible roadblocks.
Customer support is one of the metrics that I use and most people here as well.
I hate being the one guy that doesn't get to play with the new toy.

Ps, how do you like the controller?

· Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,651 Posts
This is good news for me, I hope that when I do pull the trigger on this (eventually), that the controller is seamless in operation too. I'll see if Diablosport support has ant insight into the controller for my model year... (2017 manufactured in Dec 2016 I think).

I have the added hassle of dealing with cross border delays and associated costs.
It's totally on me to assume the responsibility for my purchase decision- and possible roadblocks.

I like the controller. The ride of the car feels more planted and firm.

Reactions: 2fast4u

· Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,096 Posts

There is the possibility of ordering through Summit. Unfortunately that is one of the few ways we don't get the big surprise when our parts get here. It makes it harder to order from a manufacturer directly because as you know that can cost quite a bit more than the Summit, Jegs , Rockauto route.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
595 Posts
There is the possibility of ordering through Summit. Unfortunately that is one of the few ways we don't get the big surprise when our parts get here. It makes it harder to order from a manufacturer directly because as you know that can cost quite a bit more than the Summit, Jegs , Rockauto route.
For sure. Once I pull the trigger, I am prepared for the cost. The cheeseslap comes when the product arrives DOA or finicky.
Then the cost of return/ shipping / Duty Nazis etc is infuriating.
Been there, done that (I am not alone in my sentiments).

Ill try your suggestions for vendors.
There's a local vendor closer to you, than I, Moparjim- GBP. I am on their mailing list...
Research, research...

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
207 Posts
You're making it harder for me to hold off... Those vehicle dynamics are what Im after!
Works great on my 2016. You can actually daily use track mode on the street without getting your teeth knocked out. I live in So Fla, roads are great however before the switch I would not consider using track mode at all for the street.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,361 Posts
It took forever (months) for me to get my controller at the height of the pandemic. Granted I was also the first person to get one of these through Summit (had it added to the catalogue) which added to the delays. Additionally, there was high demand at the time of release so I had to wait for Summit to get one from the second batch.

I doubt that would be a problem today... other than the land border crossings being plugged up with freedom seekers. Maybe it will come by air into Truckistan?

Honk!

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #531 ·
UPS says weather delay. I will let you know when it gets here
My new controller arrived & I swapped the bad one out. I have only driven the car a couple times since, but all seems to be well with the replacement controller. Car doesn't feel like the body roll insanity land yacht that it is anymore lol. Not sure the in-laws will like the ride on Saturday, but oh well LOL

· DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,252 Posts
In both DiabloSport and DSC forms, it is more controllable, predictable, and confidence-boosting in turns.

Quite an impressive and very rewarding driving experience taking the Hellcat on the Circuit of the Americas and regular road driving.

At $900 or even $1200, I felt the juice was worth the squeeze. The quickest option to make a track day worthwhile and being plug n play, it’s easy to go back to stock; more than a set of dedicated coil overs or lowering springs.

521 - 540 of 555 Posts