SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! So general question that I think I know the answer to. So I had a 15 JGC 5.7 and had my diablo T2. I returned to stock and moved it to my 14 Jeep SRT. I updated it and went to tune my srt and as soon as I hit tune it pops up and prompts me to return to stock. Does that mean it is tuned? How do I see if it us tuned or not? I looked at the device info and it doesn't look like a non oem tune code but I could be wrong.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to see if it is tuned?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
857 Posts
If you don't see the dreaded P1400 code it hasn't been tuned or messed with. (not 100% but usually the best sign. some tuners claim they can tune a cat without it showing up but that only is rumored on the 17+ stuff)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very good point. It could be my diablo just being funny too or something. Truck is 100% stock. And MDS is on. Idk who would go through tuning and leave MDS lol I think I may risk it and just return it to stock or whatever the tuner is saying and see what happens.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Very good point. It could be my diablo just being funny too or something. Truck is 100% stock. And MDS is on. Idk who would go through tuning and leave MDS lol I think I may risk it and just return it to stock or whatever the tuner is saying and see what happens.
Call OST tuning they do all kinds of stuff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I figured out my issue. The 2015+ T2s will not tune a 2014. They are different. I looked up the part numbers and they do differ. That would make a lot of sense lol. Of course, I ASSUMED it to work since they are the same but the T2 and ECU kit fits 2015-2017 5.7 and 6.4s but I guess architecture is different due to the encrypted ECUs.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I think I figured out my issue. The 2015+ T2s will not tune a 2014. They are different. I looked up the part numbers and they do differ. That would make a lot of sense lol. Of course, I ASSUMED it to work since they are the same but the T2 and ECU kit fits 2015-2017 5.7 and 6.4s but I guess architecture is different due to the encrypted ECUs.
Ah yes the tuner software only goes so far back I suppose because the older gen PCM is very different.

Good find, can prob find someone to trade with!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would post here but I gotta wait for the post amount to rack up. I would gladly trade someone straight out for this. Right now it is for sale on other forums! Hopefully someone enjoys the discount lol.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I would post here but I gotta wait for the post amount to rack up. I would gladly trade someone straight out for this. Right now it is for sale on other forums! Hopefully someone enjoys the discount lol.
get busy commenting lol

·
Registered
857 Posts
Trying lol 😆 I appreciate the help earlier! This forum is awesome since it brings all the platforms together
Yea I agree it does work well. Great for finding used stuff for great deals too. and of course, you figured it out on your own but im always down to help if I can

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea I agree it does work well. Great for finding used stuff for great deals too. and of course, you figured it out on your own but im always down to help if I can
So I got a new unit it and they had the same exact part numbers? I tried the new Diablo and the same thing happened. Called support and they had to do some work on the device and they gave me a new stock file to flash to my Jeep. It is a small possibility it was previously tuned but with nothing crazy because MDS was still on and the stock fan settings were intact. Now I am able to progress through the tuning menu but I am going to wait to put a tune on until I burn through this tank of gas so I can make sure it is 91 in there.

·
Registered
857 Posts
So I got a new unit it and they had the same exact part numbers? I tried the new Diablo and the same thing happened. Called support and they had to do some work on the device and they gave me a new stock file to flash to my Jeep. It is a small possibility it was previously tuned but with nothing crazy because MDS was still on and the stock fan settings were intact. Now I am able to progress through the tuning menu but I am going to wait to put a tune on until I burn through this tank of gas so I can make sure it is 91 in there.
Thats good. Odd it was the same numbers though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats good. Odd it was the same numbers though.
At this point it is whatever lol. I am happy it is fixed now I can start looking at a custom tune and getting in a lower temp tstat. Another note, is it drives exactly the same as well. Same power, same throttle sensitivity. So I really don't know what happened lol.

·
Registered
857 Posts
At this point it is whatever lol. I am happy it is fixed now I can start looking at a custom tune and getting in a lower temp tstat. Another note, is it drives exactly the same as well. Same power, same throttle sensitivity. So I really don't know what happened lol.
Not gonna change much unless you start changing hardware.
throw a cam in there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not gonna change much unless you start changing hardware.
throw a cam in there.
Right now i'm ok with that. Going to be keeping this for awhile so lightly modified is good for now. I want to get used to it, find out what I like and don't like so I can look at a cam closer to what I feel it needs. I also plan on eventually ditching the heavy wheels to get some unsprung weight gone. I haven't found a definitive answer but I thought I saw somewhere that the ECU pulls timing at ECTs greater than 205. It also may have a warranty until 100k so I don't want to go to hard too fast lol

·
Registered
857 Posts
Right now i'm ok with that. Going to be keeping this for awhile so lightly modified is good for now. I want to get used to it, find out what I like and don't like so I can look at a cam closer to what I feel it needs. I also plan on eventually ditching the heavy wheels to get some unsprung weight gone. I haven't found a definitive answer but I thought I saw somewhere that the ECU pulls timing at ECTs greater than 205. It also may have a warranty until 100k so I don't want to go to hard too fast lol
Yea but itd have to be super hot out or a bad day in traffic to get even close to that number to pull timing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Typically after I am warmed up my coolant temps sit around 215-225. The thing going against me is my elevation at 5280ft the air is so thin and with all the mountains I need all the help I can get in the temp department lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts