SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have or can make a diagram of their killer chiller install with a tank, drag valve, and 3 way valve?

I am trying to have a plan before starting.....

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
SmsjIho (2).jpg

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
895 Posts
Have you looked up the parts yet on Rock Auto or an online Dodge parts place? They have really good blow-up pictures.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what I have found already.
download.jpeg

SmsjIho (1).jpg

Hellcat_figure_06.jpg

Reactions: CNYHC

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wondering where I tie my bumper tank into this red diagram. Does it go on the cold side heading to the sc, or after the sc going to the chiller?

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
Just wondering where I tie my bumper tank into this red diagram. Does it go on the cold side heading to the sc, or after the sc going to the chiller?
What are you referring to as a bumper tank? The main diagram made off a slideshow it seems doesn't show any sort of reservoir or tank that the coolant subsides in, its always moving.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is for a killer chiller set-up.
Adding a tank in the bumper reinforcement, none of this is factory.

IMG_0025.JPG

Reactions: jakelind707

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
This is where I am at. Just hoping this is the layout with an additional tank.

Reactions: jakelind707

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
This is for a killer chiller set-up.
Adding a tank in the bumper reinforcement, none of this is factory.
I understand that it isnt factory, I am saying; where do you see anywhere on the supplied drawings a tank, or the need for a tank? Your other diagram has "Additional tank" and yet the first drawing does not.

The supercharger coolant comes from the resiv tank, to the blower, to the heat exchange to usually get cooled by incoming air and fans, the system you're fitting has the air to water chiller so the HE is a moot point now essentially, but rather than remove it and figure out how to fit everything back is harder than its gain, so it still passes through the HE, and then the coolant then gets goes into the chiller which is using the A/C to supercool it. That's just a passthrough as it goes directly back into the intercooler (heat-exchanger) tank cooling the air as fluid runs through the lines cooling the air as it recirculates like an AC system, then repeats the process as the blower pulls from the side resiv. that started the process.

I am assuming the tank you're fitting would need to be cold side as it is the tank supplying the cooled fluid to the blower via the reserve tank passenger side near the strut brace, and then the hot side would be the exit lines going to the valve, factory HE and then eventually the chiller.

The tank with the red arrow is your theoretical bumper tank shown on the b5 charger, why you would want to have stored cooled fluid come from one tank to another larger one, that doesn't have air pass through it just to go back into the supercharger supply tank is odd to me, you're creating a stop for the coolant where there is no airflow, allowing it to possibly heat up on its movement back to the overflow for the blower.

I would run the exit of the chiller directly into your bumper tank, or use the one they supply based off of the diagram shown.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your arrow is pointing to the aux heat exchanger in the factory diagram above.
That is removed and replaced with the killer chiller.
The bumper tank is to add 2 gallons more capacity to the system for efficiency.
The three way valve stops flow through the main heat exchanger when activated.
The drag valve directs all AC to the killer chiller when activated, not the cab.

I am just trying to get guys that have done this to confirm it is correct.

This is where I am now. I just want to get all the info documented on the forum for the next guys.

SmsjIho.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts