SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Super Stock
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking the drag racing folks who are racing more than casually or using a MUCH better wheel/tire combo- what, if anything are you using for a diff brace?

I have a Per4mance SKU: P4D-PBB on my 707 and trying to decide on what, if anything is needed for the SS. (I know, something is better than nothing but looking for 1st hand recommendations)

Thoughts?

· Registered
578 Posts
Yes that's the one I have. The DIRS diff brace is a good one that will protect that rear end very well.
I also have that one. A VERY cheap investment as far as racing goes. Easy install, too. I installed that and a driveshaft before I even went to the track for the first time with the HC, and I was on stock power (well less than stock) at 5500 DA.

· Registered
1,176 Posts
Just don't get this one - Hellcat/Demon Diff Brace

I have it on my car and absolutely hate it. Transmits way to much NVH. Next chance I get to get the car on the lift I'm ripping it off. Don't know if all of them do this but hearing the gear whine when not under throttle now is annoying. I don't drag race so guess I'll be fine but put it on as I wanted to be extra sure nothing snapped if I got a good launch on the street.

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,638 Posts
I was extremely Happy when the P4D Brace was available for my 2015 HC Charger.
I had broken several Diffs......they are the weakest link. When a Diff breaks it can take our a half shaft......Mine did and no after market ones back then and or it can take out the Driveshaft.......I did twice.

Redeye and Demons both broke thier Diffs.

I call the Per4mance Development Diff Brace
The Best Peace of Mind Mod!

Don't go to the track without it!

Linda :)

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,638 Posts

I would call the HHP sales Team and see which one they think you should add.
1-888-894-1115

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,708 Posts
Although I think the price is nuts, the DIRS was my choice as well.

Reactions: GBLWRMR

· Banned
5,317 Posts
Demons have run 9,50s without a brace.
It also Voids the Warranty on the entire car

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,254 Posts
I have a P4D brace that I haven't installed yet, was worried about noise transfer into the car. Any mote thoughts or experiences with this would be very helpful. Not sure if I want to do it or not. I won't be racing much at all, mainly some airstrip runs. Will this be worth using or not? And how much more noise will I get from the rear?? Thanks. Matt

· Registered
1,176 Posts
I have a P4D brace that I haven't installed yet, was worried about noise transfer into the car. Any mote thoughts or experiences with this would be very helpful. Not sure if I want to do it or not. I won't be racing much at all, mainly some airstrip runs. Will this be worth using or not? And how much more noise will I get from the rear?? Thanks. Matt
That one looks like it mounts the same as mine does so, it's probably car specific, but could be considerable. I never once heard my diff gears before putting the brace on. After, anytime I'm not on the gas I hear them over my radio at any volume below 20. Maybe my gears weren't broken in right (I'm the 2nd owner) and it's got a noisy pattern compared to most but I'm taking mine off next chance I get.

Edit - I may be looking at their old design. Their new one should be MUCH better as it isolates the frame mount with a real bushing and not just a 1/16 of an inch piece of rubber. This one should be fine - Per4mance Development Differential Integration and Reinforcement System (2015-newer V8 Chargers/Challengers/300 RWD)

This is the one I was thinking you were talking about - Per4mance Development Billet Differential Brace 800 RWHP

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,708 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.