SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening cat family. Just a general question. Is a diff brace a good idea on the cat if it never sees the track or is it a waste of money? Thanks in advance.

Is it noticeable when you have one on?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
I can only answer one of your questions. No it is not noticeable when you drive the car.
At the track it did help eliminate some of the wheel hop I would get from the MT R’s when trying to launch hard. That led to a better 60 ft time.

I’m one of those that’s voids their factory warranty by modding their cars so it also serves to protect my differential.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
541 Posts
Good evening cat family. Just a general question. Is a diff brace a good idea on the cat if it never sees the track or is it a waste of money? Thanks in advance.

Is it noticeable when you have one on?
Regardless of whether it sees a track or not, it's absolutely worthwhile if you plan to actually drive it hard. However, as WVHEMIS stated, there are those that are considering this to be voiding your warranty by some Dodge dealers. Definitely would not want to do that, at least for your bumper to bumper.... (my opinion only).

It will certainly benefit you off or on the track and it's one of the first two or three mods I routinely see suggested on this entire site besides an intake or tires :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,975 Posts
I have a different opinion... that has nothing to do with warranty concerns as my dealership I'm friends with the master tech. I think with a stock hellcat with stock 275's I would spend my money on something else first.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,241 Posts
@Lukehellcat what year is your car?
What tires will you be using?
Linda

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a different opinion... that has nothing to do with warranty concerns as my dealership I'm friends with the master tech. I think with a stock hellcat with stock 275's I would spend my money on something else first.
Wider tires with rims to match....is my recommendation for any first mod..

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye NB in Hellraisin
277 Posts
Drag radials. To. go with the diff brace. So sense modding if there’s a traction problem

·
Registered
541 Posts
Drag radials. To. go with the diff brace. So sense modding if there’s a traction problem
I dunno that DR's are actually that necessary (mainly because of how quickly they wear out)...but a wider/more traction based tire than those crap Pirelli's IS a necessity.

Either way, it's 10000% better than the stock tire... so it's a win-win with either option..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,708 Posts
I felt a difference in all 3 of my cars. Moreso the HC and 1320. Rear feels a little more direct and solid. less hop

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,214 Posts
I’m pretty sure you can see the one eyed monster under there at a distance of about 3 car lengths on the street, but can’t really see the other one

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,241 Posts
It’s a 15 a8 295 PS4 in the rear
@Lukehellcat the 15s had the weakest driveshaft. They twisted up pretty easy at the track but also from hard launching on the street.

Hard launches can break the Diff which if it does the driveshaft can twist and or a halfshaft.
I would recommend using a Diff brace. I find it the best peace of mind mod on my HC.
Here it shows the Per4mance diff braces.
The page shows all available but the one that costs the least is very good and all you would need.

Linda :)

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,331 Posts
It absolutely changes the way the car hops. I used to get awful hop in my car with the 305 ps4's and couldnt really launch 1st because it would just hop. I threw the cheapy DBA one on and now It will either grab or break traction and spin. Id rather the driveline not be shocked by hop so I am not as concerned about spinning.

·
BMF
4,442 Posts
Voids the Factory Warranty

Reactions: dragrcr

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
To answer your question, a waste of money. These cars are designed to go very fast, and if something like that was needed, it would have been on there; especially w/o running it on a track. Lastly, according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act?, the dealer must show that your mod caused the failure in question.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,241 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,331 Posts
To answer your question, a waste of money. These cars are designed to go very fast, and if something like that was needed, it would have been on there; especially w/o running it on a track. Lastly, according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act?, the dealer must show that your mod caused the failure in question.
I disagree with both of these points, if these cars are designed properly the first time why did they implement changes in 2017? If Dodge was so sure their cars were perfect, why the F did they throw a 275 on a car that has 700hp and 650tq for it to only gain traction at 80mph when shifting to 3rd? Probably because they wanted to have the same rubber and rim size all around to minimize rotation issues down the road, and so they only had to stock 1 item for the entire model line rather than 2 staggered sizes X2 for every car.

They didn't add a brace because they want your stuff to break so you bring it to get fixed, within reason of course. I could go on for hours about this but I am just going to leave it there.

The dealer would find some wording or jargon to void anything on the warranty. A pair of bigger tires could be deemed the reason a driveline item broke because of "increased traction" or some bs. Or they could just pull your G Force Matrix and state that you were "racing" or driving the car aggressively and that it causes a failure, that normal driving wouldn't have caused that.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts