SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between Satin Vapor color and Matte Black color? In particular, a Satin Vapor fuel door vs Matte Black fuel door? (Other than price? The Satin Vapor door is $300, and the Matte Black door is $100)

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,778 Posts
Isn't the Satin Vapor a black tinted chrome like shade while the other is a more simple paint? That might explain the difference in pricing.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
$300+ Gloss Black
5MY11DX8AA.jpg

$100+ Matte Black
68250120AA.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't the Satin Vapor a black tinted chrome like shade while the other is a more simple paint? That might explain the difference in pricing.
They look identical (the finishes both look Matte).

I know they released Satin Vapor edition cars that had Matte paint (a lá Viper) but it's too hard to compare on digital photos on a Satin Vapor accessory vs a Matte Black accessory :(

I saw those - really like the gloss black but $300 for a fuel door is more like buying a viper fuel door. Still looking for physical differences between Satin Vapor and Matte Black.

·
Registered
In The Market
938 Posts
Anybody? Hayabusa ? or anyone else?
Sorry Viper Chick, somehow missed your call out.

Believe rayzazoo is spot on (as usual). Confusing when you research. The pics are all mixed up and even descriptions sometimes say "matte" for satin vapor. I have not seen the satin vapor in person. $300 for the difference, I'm not there.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,792 Posts
They look identical (the finishes both look Matte).

I know they released Satin Vapor edition cars that had Matte paint (a lá Viper) but it's too hard to compare on digital photos on a Satin Vapor accessory vs a Matte Black accessory :(

I saw those - really like the gloss black but $300 for a fuel door is more like buying a viper fuel door. Still looking for physical differences between Satin Vapor and Matte Black.
Satin Vapor and Matte Black are the same fuel door on the Challenger.

Here are the part numbers listed for the fuel doors:
68250120AA - matte black vapor edition $80-100
5MY11DX8AA - black top gloss edition $300-350
82211461AB - chrome edition $80-100

Below are two snapshots of the Fuel Door on the Satin Vapor edition 2014 Challenger. It is the first part number above.

Below is the Matte Black Fuel door, also the first part number above

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Viper Chick, somehow missed your call out.

Believe rayzazoo is spot on (as usual). Confusing when you research. The pics are all mixed up and even descriptions sometimes say "matte" for satin vapor. I have not seen the satin vapor in person. $300 for the difference, I'm not there.
Yup it's like calling a ZL1 a Hellcat killer. $300 fuel door. Heh.

Satin Vapor and Matte Black are the same fuel door on the Challenger.

Here are the part numbers listed for the fuel doors:
68250120AA - matte black vapor edition $80-100
5MY11DX8AA - black top gloss edition $300-350
82211461AB - chrome edition $80-100

Below are two snapshots of the Fuel Door on the Satin Vapor edition 2014 Challenger. It is the first part number above.

Below is the Matte Black Fuel door, also the first part number above

Thx for the clarification!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts