SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am planning to buy a Dodge challenger SRT 392 or 392 ScatPack with Shaker.

Can anyone tell me the difference between SRT 392 6.4L HEMI V8 - 23K package and SRT 392 6.4L HEMI V8 - 24K package

Also can you tell me which one will be better in terms of performance.

Parameters:
1. 0-60 fastest.
2. Shares same exhaust as HellCat.

I want something exact similar to hell cat, without the supercharger and 707 HP. Can anyone suggest me anything please.

Thanks
Alien.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
304 Posts
Well neither is going to be "exact similar to hell cat without the supercharger and 707HP" unless you buy a hell cat 6.2L motor without the supercharger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
973 Posts
First: Way wrong forum, there is a 392 section where people more versed in 392 options will respond

Secondly, if you go to Dodge.com and select the two trims you're looking at, you can see them side by side for comparison down to the tiniest detail, and see the differences

A ScatPack is an R/T with a 392 in it, or a stripped down SRT392 if you want to look at it like that.

No other car has the Hellcat active exhaust.

There's no such thing as "exact similar", it is either similar, or it is exactly like the other thing.

In a Hellcat you get more than just a supercharger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,944 Posts
First: Way wrong forum, there is a 392 section where people more versed in 392 options will respond

Secondly, if you go to Dodge.com and select the two trims you're looking at, you can see them side by side for comparison down to the tiniest detail, and see the differences

A ScatPack is an R/T with a 392 in it, or a stripped down SRT392 if you want to look at it like that.

No other car has the Hellcat active exhaust.

There's no such thing as "exact similar", it is either similar, or it is exactly like the other thing.

In a Hellcat you get more than just a supercharger.
Actually, all 2015 6.4L and Hellcat cars have the same active exhaust..

R.K.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,343 Posts
Yep what Rad said.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
SkatPack is lighter than the SRT, thus its faster given the same motor and transmission options.
SRT is better suited on a road course with its suspension system, and Brembo's
Both have the same active exhaust; however, neither sound like a Hellcat.

You can add aftermarket mods to yield the equal, or even more HP/Torque as the Hellcat, but it will never be a Hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,167 Posts
friend has a shaker 392

smaller width rear tires....they are a joke for 480hp

its a completely different car....brakes, suspension.....its a RT w/ a 392.....

i DO like the look though....

Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
The srt392 has more options available than a scat pack. Like the upgraded HK stereo upgraged different hood six piston brembos heated and cooled front seats. Scat that's an option SRT has blind spot there are a few other differences

·
Registered
333 Posts
I used to have a 392 Shaker. When you LOAD up the Shaker the only really differences are:
SRT - has the bigger brembo brakes
- has active suspension
But does not have the Shaker hood

A loaded Shaker is very similar cost to the SRT

for me it was worth the trade off as the Shaker is a more cool car (my opinion) and I felt the brakes on the Shaker were more than adequate and I didn't need the adjustable suspension.

Thats my two cents

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
772 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,843 Posts
wrong forum --but, the Scat Pack is the best value..
I own a Scat Pack and a HellCat.. very different cars but the Scat Pack is dollar for dollar the best high performance package in the entire industry.

20160419_151437-1.jpg
20150726_155638.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts