SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a 2016 SP 392 and thought he saw somewhere that there were different size fuel tanks on some of the Challengers and asked me about it. I’ve never heard of it but that doesnt make it untrue lol. Anyone know if maybe the 392 cars have a different size fuel tank than the Hellcat’s?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
338 Posts
To my knowledge, they all have the same 18.5 gallon fuel capacity across all the Challenger models, including the Demon. I've not heard of anything being different unless perhaps on much older models...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,147 Posts
A friend has a 2016 SP 392 and thought he saw somewhere that there were different size fuel tanks on some of the Challengers and asked me about it. I’ve never heard of it but that doesnt make it untrue lol. Anyone know if maybe the 392 cars have a different size fuel tank than the Hellcat’s?
I've had Challengers since '09....and all 4 have had the same size gas tanks...'09 R/T, '11 SRT8 392, '15 HC and RE.....maybe the SXT has a smaller tank??...but don't know why it would.

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
338 Posts
I've had Challengers since '09....and all 4 have had the same size gas tanks...'09 R/T, '11 SRT8 392, '15 HC and RE.....maybe the SXT has a smaller tank??...but don't know why it would.
No, even the GT has the same size gas tank..... Now, the Charger has a different size gas tank than the Challenger.... maybe thats what the guy was thinking?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
His SP 392 is a 2016.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts