SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,707 Posts
You should have probably just used the search and read the 500 prior posts about this.

The DIRS brace is obviously #1. Very costly now.

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,638 Posts
@koweida If you are thinking of tracking your Demon I would highly recommend having a Diff Brace!

Even if you are going to hard launch on the streets I would still have it installed.

You can give Sales @ HHP a supporting vendor on here @ tel:18888941115 The usually have the P4D's in stock.

Diff's break on the Demon's not as easy as it would on My 2015 but I have seen them break.

When a Diff breaks it can take the drive shaft or half shaft right a long with it. I've been there and done that and not just once this is why I call The P4D Brace "The Best Peace of Mind" mod you can install.

Linda :)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
I don't know if you care about your warranty, but dealerships are voiding them if they see a diff brace.

I've heard of this as well, however I've recently spoke with two dealerships and they mentioned that it doesn't or atleast shouldn't.

One person may say it does and another may say it doesn't. Or it would have to be proven the diff brace caused whatever damage. The best way to have your cake and to eat it too is to install it on and off ourselves before getting it serviced.

Just seems like it's a P.I.T.A to do it this way instead of just having it on and forget it. God forbid the one dealership may instead say now it voids warranty when they said it doesn't before.

For all the back and forth that I've heard about a diff brace possibly voiding a warranty or not, I guess it's just safe to get under the car every time to take it off before taking it to get serviced....

· Registered
2017 HC Challenger. no tune----yet.
535 Posts
Dealerships cannot "void" a warranty per say. They can however refuse to "cover" a portion of it resulting usually from an overzealous and ill informed service manager and/or dealership owner though I doubt the latter. You can dispute that "refusal to cover" as well. That said the Magnusson-moss act says they have to prove the aftermarket part that was installed caused a warranted part to break.

· Registered
In The Market
379 Posts
I've heard of this as well, however I've recently spoke with two dealerships and they mentioned that it doesn't or atleast shouldn't.

One person may say it does and another may say it doesn't. Or it would have to be proven the diff brace caused whatever damage. The best way to have your cake and to eat it too is to install it on and off ourselves before getting it serviced.

Just seems like it's a P.I.T.A to do it this way instead of just having it on and forget it. God forbid the one dealership may instead say now it voids warranty when they said it doesn't before.

For all the back and forth that I've heard about a diff brace possibly voiding a warranty or not, I guess it's just safe to get under the car every time to take it off before taking it to get serviced....
It all depends on the dealership whether or not they will void the warranty. It is a tough call because if you put one on they could void your warranty for everything that has to do with the diff if they are an ahole dealership or they could over look it and not void anything. Or you don't put one on and anything that goes up is covered as long as you don't have any modification done to the car. And that includes tire size as well. Demonology on youtube did a video where he went to the dealership because he was getting a vibration in the car and it turned out that his driveshaft was out of balance. Normally for a Demon that would have been covered under the warranty, but because he had 30" tires on the car instead of the factory 28" tires dodge voided the warranty. Welcome to the double edged sword of you could get screwed either way.

· Registered
In The Market
379 Posts
Dealerships cannot "void" a warranty per say. They can however refuse to "cover" a portion of it resulting usually from an overzealous and ill informed service manager and/or dealership owner though I doubt the latter. You can dispute that "refusal to cover" as well. That said the Magnusson-moss act says they have to prove the aftermarket part that was installed caused a warranted part to break.
But does the Magnuson-moss act still stand if the warranty specifically says no after market parts or the warranty is voided?

· Registered
3,717 Posts
“Just seems like it's a P.I.T.A to do it this way instead of just having it on and forget it. God forbid the one dealership may instead say now it voids warranty when they said it doesn't before.

For all the back and forth that I've heard about a diff brace possibly voiding a warranty or not, I guess it's just safe to get under the car every time to take it off before taking it to get serviced....”

That won’t work either as they look for signs on the bolts heads that they have been wrenched on, ie tampered with and will void warranty for such if their looking for reasons to void warranty they will use that 100% no doubt. They know why the bolt heads look like they have been wrenched on. I thought one of the beauty’s of having a Demon is they are the only car you can beat on at a track and any parts broken at the track, as long as not tampered with, ie wrenched on, are covered under warranty? At least for maybe another year or 2??

· Registered
In The Market
379 Posts
“Just seems like it's a P.I.T.A to do it this way instead of just having it on and forget it. God forbid the one dealership may instead say now it voids warranty when they said it doesn't before.

For all the back and forth that I've heard about a diff brace possibly voiding a warranty or not, I guess it's just safe to get under the car every time to take it off before taking it to get serviced....”

That won’t work either as they look for signs on the bolts heads that they have been wrenched on, ie tampered with and will void warranty for such if their looking for reasons to void warranty they will use that 100% no doubt. They know why the bolt heads look like they have been wrenched on. I thought one of the beauty’s of having a Demon is they are the only car you can beat on at a track and any parts broken at the track, as long as not tampered with, ie wrenched on, are covered under warranty? At least for maybe another year or 2??
The Demon is the only car you can beat on at the track and not void the warranty as long as everything is stock.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts

Interesting as I thought taking it off and on wouldn't leave any markings or evidence it was on as I figure it would use the same existing bolts to connect the diff brace on the differential.

I literally just bought a DIRS diff brace just for the sake of protecting the car since I go to the track often.

Maybe it's better to make do without the diff brace and whatever happens, I'm assuming the dealership would take care of it under warranty. Although I have spoke with a service manager about something like this and they said even without a diff brace that kind of damage wouldn't be covered.

A member on here had this happen to him on his stock Cat with no diff brace and blew his differential on the street and they gave him a hard time covering the damages. It wasn't until he had to reach out to SRT to get it tooken cared of. So it seems like something like this you have to fight tooth and nail for.
So I duno anymore. Damed if you do damed if you don't.

Sometimes I don't understand how it would void a warranty when it just sits there and protects the differential. It does use OEM bushings so I duno if that helps the case more as being acceptable without messing with the warranty.

· Registered
2017 HC Challenger. no tune----yet.
535 Posts
The problem is most diff braces only lock the case solidly from the rear of the case to the cradle. some newer braces utilize oem bushings. Front part of case can still mildly flex under hard load just less because of oem mounts. Regardless of what our forum jibber jabber says. If a dealer senses they may not get paid on warranty work they will do everything to get out of doing or obligation to do it. That's why srt can apply pressure and get favorable results in many instances.

It's those that try to blow their cars up and then try to have Dodge cover the repairs that are giving us all a bad name.

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,707 Posts
That is why i got the DIRS brace and their race brace for the front mounts. I think the combo is the ticket.
As for warranty, they could only void the warranty on the diff, nothing else.
And it will not break with that combo on it, so go for it.

· Registered
In The Market
379 Posts
That is why i got the DIRS brace and their race brace for the front mounts. I think the combo is the ticket.
That is not true the dealership could void the warranty on any part that they deem was affected by the diff brace. Demonology had his driveshaft replaced and it was not covered by the warranty because he had 30" tires instead of the factory 28" tires.

· Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye NB in Hellraisin
427 Posts
How’s the ride with the race brace installed? Holding off on the install due to concerns of ride comfort.

· HOTM Winner
2021 Challenger Super Stock
368 Posts
Hey green machine can you send me a link to that front brace I can't seem to locate it on their sight I'm probably typing it in wrong.

· HOTM Winner
2021 Challenger Super Stock
368 Posts
How’s the ride with the race brace installed? Holding off on the install due to concerns of ride comfort.
Cant even tell that it is there. Super easy to install. The race brace that goes on the front of the differential you have to partially drop the exhaust to get on....really wasn't bad unless you find out at 830 at night like I did.

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,857 Posts
That is not true the dealership could void the warranty on any part that they deem was affected by the diff brace. Demonology had his driveshaft replaced and it was not covered by the warranty because he had 30" tires instead of the factory 28" tires.
And 30" tires impart much higher kinetic force to the the drivetrain, so that really should be a no-brainer, obviously not going to be covered by warranty. You will see the same thing with people using OEM size drag radials on a Mustang GT getting denied warranty for grenading their entire IRS system. Not covered there either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.