SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a write up an the DIRS brace . This thing is the cat ass( pun intended lol) . I had the V2 for the 2018 and up on my car originally and to be honest I was quite happy with it . But once I seen the DIRS of course the wheels in my head started turning . Did I need it of course not I don't make enough power to warrant it but I had to have it! Thanks to Mopar ( site member) he set me up with one of the first production units . I like that it's solid aluminum and I think the best part is the bushing in the center I think this will take away some of the ridgitness ( is this a word? Lol) over the original brace and help stabilize the diff. I looks very intimidating from behind that's for sure . I will say this without a brace I got ridiculous wheel hop . In fact so bad the drive shaft hit the mid muffler ! No more wheel hop for me and hopefully a diff that will stay put for many years . The only option I would like to see is a polyurethane bushing instead of a rubber one .

Thanks Per4Mance Development for the great product I couldn't be happier! It was on my car for my 9 second pump gas pass!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,730 Posts
That should be the new Brace name for Per4Mance Development
The Cats Azz Brace :cool::D

I still use the 1st one but reading reviews like your sure makes me think about switching to a new one.

Thanks hpindy

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should be the new Brace name for Per4Mance Development
The Cats Azz Brace :cool::D

I still use the 1st one but reading reviews like your sure makes me think about switching to a new one.

Thanks hpindy

Linda :)
I think for most people the V1 and V2 braces will work perfectly . I think the DIRS if needed for big power cars ........or people like me who has to have one

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
960 Posts
Does it stop Wheel hop in a M6? I'm basically stock but this thing hops like no tomorrow WOT.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
Does it stop Wheel hop in a M6? I'm basically stock but this thing hops like no tomorrow WOT.
A diff brace is going to help tremendously for wheel hop.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if the BMR diff lockout bushing inserts could be used to firm things up a little?
Ohhhhh I never thought of that . They also have poly bushings . I may look at that over the winter ...

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
960 Posts
A diff brace is going to help tremendously for wheel hop.
I have the TBA currently and it still hops. I do understand that tires and roads are a factor so was curious if this was a better option.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hpindy Thanks for the write-up and kind words. You are now approved for full send :cool:!
Thanks for a great product . I'm looking forward to what ever else you come up with.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts
I have the TBA currently and it still hops. I do understand that tires and roads are a factor so was curious if this was a better option.
That's surprising to me. I have used every version of P4D brace on my car and I'm currently using the DIRS, and my wife has a TBA brace on her Hellcat. I can't honestly say I've had any wheel hop on either of our cars since installing diff braces.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure as I dont have a M6 car. But it should help significantly .

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
960 Posts
That's surprising to me. I have used every version of P4D brace on my car and my wife has a TBA brace on her Hellcat. I cant honestly say I've had any wheel hop on either of our cars since installing diff braces.
Are either of them M6's? It's likely the shoes could be the issue

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I'm not sure . I have never tried a TBA brace .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,469 Posts
F1E592AB-449D-42B8-81F5-0B99EB313E63.jpeg
If you decide that you would like to tighten that bushing up (you mentioned a poly bushing) there is a way to do that. The BMR diff bushing set uses steel shims in the rear bushings. They are inserted into slots in the rubber isolators that are in the cradle in the rear. I’ll include a picture of those in mine. It looks like the same bushing. They simply pound in.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,223 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
300 Posts
I have no wheel hop in my M6 with over 900whp but I haven’t had it to track yet (I doubt it will matter). I also added cradle and diff bushings along with full rear suspension upgrades at the same time so it was drastically different for the better. I may not be the best example as to how this piece does singularly but I wouldn’t be without it. It’s one heck of a unit.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
View attachment 527469 If you decide that you would like to tighten that bushing up (you mentioned a poly bushing) there is a way to do that. The BMR diff bushing set uses steel shims in the rear bushings. They are inserted into slots in the rubber isolators that are in the cradle in the rear. I’ll include a picture of those in mine. It looks like the same bushing. They simply pound in.
I'm not having an issue yet......... But it's good to have options in the future.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts