SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Disable Active Dampening ?

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  GreenMachine15 
#1 ·
I’m swapping over to a full airlift kit and I know I’m gonna lose my active dampening and am gonna throw a code that won’t let me change Fromm sport, track, etc. does anyone know anyway to give me the ability to change the drive modes even without the active suspension? Like a tune or flash or something ? Thanks

#8 ·
If you didn't buy your kit yet, try universal air.
You get to keep the bilstein factory strut and your active dampening will function like stock.

I bought everything for mine through bagriders.com

You will need to run double compressors and plan on running your airlift 3p system at 200psi vs the 150psi. By doing this you can NOT run an auto dump water trap, you will need a manual one. Unless you are going with the 3H system.

#9 ·
Feel free to PM me any questions you have. I am a challenger air ride expert at this point.

#11 ·
Originally I went with that universal air kit but was having issues with the parts on the rear bag lol so I gave up and went with the full air lift kit and couldn’t be happier. I’m still able to change my different drive modes and I don’t have any dash lights so it doesn’t really bother me. Thanks for the suggestions y’all!

#14 ·
Hey Jack, Did you end up purchasing the KW Suspension cancellation part for the active dampening, or did you just install the airlift struts and not get any codes? I am planning on going the same route and buying actual airlift struts. I feel like universal air won't be as reliable as airlift because airlift struts are made for bags and are teated heavily, and I also know a guy who has universal air, and he told me it doesn't slam all the way to the ground like it does with the airlift struts.

#12 ·
What were your issues with the rear bag components?
You have to clear an error message every time you start it up, correct?

#13 ·
Nahh a little message pops up that says “Service Active Dampening System” for a couple seconds then it disappears.
The store I Was buying the universal air parts from got a bad batch of parts… so the holes that you drop the screws into on the cups that sit on the airbag didn’t line up. They tried multiple kits and multiple airbags but the holes still didn’t line up.

#15 ·
I have universal air and have zero issues.
You will get an error message on the cluster if you replace the struts and remove the active dampening strut. My larger sway bars make contact with the control arms, that is what stops mine from completely slamming. And 315s on the back touch the quarters. Up front I think you would need to modify the fender liners as well to go to the ground.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Reactions: Dhillon717
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.