SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worst experience with barth tuning, switching to curt as we speak. Already having a better experience with curt. If youve had good luck with barth thats great but my experience has been less than ideal and like i am wasting his time during my remote tune session. We started at 9am and it still isnt done and he is non responsive. So ya be weary.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
280 Posts
Shit can happen, like personal issue or something popped up.

Clearly he needs to do more work, and I'm not defending him, just saying that you're posting this 10 hours after the initial starting point, which is premature.

You may have caught him on an off day, and you just need to hear him out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shit can happen, like personal issue or something popped up.

Clearly he needs to do more work, and I'm not defending him, just saying that you're posting this 10 hours after the initial starting point, which is premature.

You may have caught him on an off day, and you just need to hear him out.
I can understand an off day, however ive been trying to do this tune for a few weeks now, and there was much more that happened than what ive said. Hes lackluster in responding and listening/reading his emails also. I feel i have been patient enough and im just done with this. As a business owner myself i would never get away with this crap.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I deal with Alex Peitz. He emails tunes back quick after a data long no matter what time. And what day. I could take my car out now send a long within 30 min new tube to down load

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
280 Posts
I can understand an off day, however ive been trying to do this tune for a few weeks now, and there was much more that happened than what ive said. Hes lackluster in responding and listening/reading his emails also. I feel i have been patient enough and im just done with this. As a business owner myself i would never get away with this crap.

Gotchya, if there is more to the story than yeah, that is crap. Guy is probably overwhelmed with work, and like a lot of small shops their customer base can outgrow their ability to do a quality job. It takes a bunch of bad reviews for the business to realize this.

I am in the middle of a similar but minor issue. I spoke to and had a weighted shift knob designed by Flossy shift knobs. Spoke to the guy a few times, agreed on the design and sent payment. This was in mid December. I never heard from him again, his email on the website no longer works, and thankfully I could file a PayPal claim which is currently pending.

I hope for your sake you did not lose any money or had harm done to the Hellcat, and you only wasted time and got super frustrated.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotchya, if there is more to the story than yeah, that is crap. Guy is probably overwhelmed with work, and like a lot of small shops their customer base can outgrow their ability to do a quality job. It takes a bunch of bad reviews for the business to realize this.

I am in the middle of a similar but minor issue. I spoke to and had a weighted shift knob designed by Flossy shift knobs. Spoke to the guy a few times, agreed on the design and sent payment. This was in mid December. I never heard from him again, his email on the website no longer works, and thankfully I could file a PayPal claim which is currently pending.

I hope for your sake you did not lose any money or had harm done to the Hellcat, and you only wasted time and got super frustrated.
Ya to go non responsive in the middle of a tune is ridiculous amongst other things. Nope just might as well have burned my 850 bucks.

If you cant keep up with the work you have dont take on new work. Glad you were protected and got your money back. I lost 1100 total and have a few cel codes now to deal with.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
67 Posts
keep us updated . would like to hear how working with curt goes. have been debating on tuning my car

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
280 Posts
Ya to go non responsive in the middle of a tune is ridiculous amongst other things. Nope just might as well have burned my 850 bucks.

If you cant keep up with the work you have dont take on new work. Glad you were protected and got your money back. I lost 1100 total and have a few cel codes now to deal with.

That is horrible. Has he even offered to refund your money? I would love to hear what he has to say before completely bashing the guy, but this sounds awful. That sucks and keep us updated and informed as to your results because if this is true the site should remove him as a vendor.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I deal with Alex Peitz. He emails tunes back quick after a data long no matter what time. And what day. I could take my car out now send a long within 30 min new tube to down load
I went through more than a half tank of gas waiting on him, then he said i have bad gas, so i filled up and put in octane boost then he said do you want it tuned on octane boost or 91. He knew i wanted 91 this whole time. So then i had a car full of gas he cant tune with. It was a disaster and was a painful process.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is horrible. Has he even offered to refund your money? I would love to hear what he has to say before completely bashing the guy, but this sounds awful. That sucks and keep us updated and informed as to your results because if this is true the site should remove him as a vendor.
Nope he can keep it, he needs it more than me obviously. Itd be nice to hear what he has to say but im not waiting a week to find out. Wasted a whole day of mine and another member on here helping me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
280 Posts
Nope he can keep it, he needs it more than me obviously. Itd be nice to hear what he has to say but im not waiting a week to find out. Wasted a whole day of mine and another member on here helping me.

That is such 🐎-sh!t. This forum needs to stand up and remove Barth if this is in fact true.

@VSAdmin - do you strip vendors who steal money? Just curious if you permit vendors like this on purpose?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
keep us updated . would like to hear how working with curt goes. have been debating on tuning my car
Curt seems great so far, said hes busy but can take care of me no problem, most importantly he is very responsive. He tuned another member on here car and he raves about him. I am excited to go his direction as i feel appreciated as a customer also, not like im bothering him.

·
Registered
247 Posts
@jakeh1
Trust me when I say, I do not give up my money lightly. Curt has always returned my calls and emails promptly. And yes, I am a "needy customer".

Good shops do not take on too much work and leave customers high and dry. We are dealing with very expensive cars and people with disposable income.
Shops need to be professional and responsible.

I have thrown some crazy ideas at Curt and asked for things that would damage my car. The answer is; let's be safe with the car and let's get you used to this new power level.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@jakeh1
Trust me when I say, I do not give up my money lightly. Curt has always returned my calls and emails promptly. And yes, I am a "needy customer".

Good shops do not take on too much work and leave customers high and dry. We are dealing with very expensive cars and people with disposable income.
Shops need to be professional and responsible.

I have thrown some crazy ideas at Curt and asked for things that would damage my car. The answer is; let's be safe with the car and let's get you used to this new power level.
Thats great to hear! And i didnt receive any treatment like that from day one. I agree with everything you said. Im excited to move forward with curt.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Curt will also set you up with a good mechanic in your area, that is fair and knows our cars and has great customer service.
Because Curt is not turning any wrenches, screws or changing out belts anymore. lol

Trust Curt with your vision & car and pocket book. He will not steer you wrong.

One last thing. I was trying to get him to put other mods on my car. He said to me, "I am not here to make money off of mods and push parts on you. We are here to help you build a great reliable fun car."

·
Registered
112 Posts
Curt will provide probably the best customer service you will ever find. He responds to every email and does a great job. He's a solid dude and cares tremendously that his customers are happy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Curt will also set you up with a good mechanic in your area, that is fair and knows our cars and has great customer service.
Because Curt is not turning any wrenches, screws or changing out belts anymore. lol

Trust Curt with your vision & car and pocket book. He will not steer you wrong.

One last thing. I was trying to get him to put other mods on my car. He said to me, "I am not here to make money off of mods and push parts on you. We are here to help you build a great reliable fun car."
And this is what Curt is all about.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The problem with this thread is was barth given a chance to explain the circumstances to you before you put up this thread and bash him?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts