SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nope sure wasnt, and well you call it bashing i call it my experience. Not putting up with bad service i dont expect my customers to do.it and i wont put up with it as a customer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The problem with this thread is was barth given a chance to explain the circumstances to you before you put up this thread and bash him?
He cant even return an email lol he stopped emailing and answering questions.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
104 Posts
I'll admit I biased Curt took really good care of me, did my flex tune and race tune along with the transmission. Did an awesome last year when he did everything and still takes time to answer my questions and get back to me That being said.....I was pretty dissapointed in the experience jakeh1 and I had today while working on this. I really hope other members have a better experience than we did with Barth. Sorry if it ruffles some feelers but other members should know!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,138 Posts
Too bad you got treated like that and I understand your frustration as I've had a few vehicles remotely tuned but by other people. Narrows down my options now for when my Hellcat gets tuned.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
249 Posts
Too bad you got treated like that and I understand your frustration as I've had a few vehicles remotely tuned but by other people. Narrows down my options now for when my Hellcat gets tuned.
This was one thing that the BMW tuners have over our platform. You can download apps to flash your PCM on the fly. I cannot trust a remote tuner because if they mess up, or leave you high and dry, you have a 4.5k paper weight until you can someone get the PCM back to stock and hope this remote tuner didn't mess stuff up. Risk reward is not worth it to me, but a $1 to one man is not worth the same to another man...meaning I would risk this with a $60k car, but I would do a remote tune on a $5k project car.

·
Registered
229 Posts
tuners have to realize it's not just their time that is being taken up what if the OP was renting a dyno or took a day off around (tuner) to get this done. I live in the middle of BFE and can blast down the back road that's a mile long with no traffic. not everyone has that. you can earn more money you can NEVER get back your time on this earth

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thank you for posting this. Really helps others out when there is an issue and the tuner is mentioned. Not saying who's right or wrong, but communication is key ESPECIALLY with remote tuning.

Now, I have never purchased anything from Curt so this is an unbiased opinion. I have, however, reached out to him several times with questions and he was very responsive and honest. Even recommended a tuner/shop in my area in Michigan that he would be happy to work with. He definitely puts consumer/customer first and not making money off of someone. I have no experience with Barth.

Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Jake?
This is kinda catching me out of no where. You developed KR on a pull and it concerned me as it came out of no where with no timing increase. That’s why I asked you to put octane booster in to see if we in fact had real knock or false Knock from blower noise. Once you install the boostane our knock went away which showed us it was real knock. I asked you if you wanted me to continue tuning with the boostane or for your 91. You replied you wanted to run 91 octane and would get a fresh tank of fuel and reschedule with me.
I’m not really sure why you are upset but I apologize if you are. I really can’t do much when we have real KR as I didn’t want to injure your engine. I received the first log from you at 11:15 am. There are 33 emails back and forth in our tuning session. You were my only tune in the slot so I responded as I had files ready to send back to you after viewing logs.

I had already planned on picking back up with the tuning once you called to reschedule, I assumed we would hear from you today and I let Rhonda know yesterday when you called to get you back in the schedule this week.
My hands were tied yesterday with the knock from poor fuel, I really couldn’t do much more until that was corrected.
Feel free to contact Rhonda to finish up the tuning with a good tank of 91 octane.
You are more then welcome to call during the tuning process of emails are gettin confusing or you don’t feel you are getting a good feel from my responses in them. Sometimes emails and text seem non personal and are to direct. Again, we are close to finishing the tuning process once you have a good tank of fuel in the car.
Tim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
We really got the feeling we were wasting your time with the replies we got. We rely on you to tell us whats going on and whats the best route for the tune, not "its whatever we want bud" youre the tuner and know whats best not us. We are learning as we go and are not tuners. We were really trying hard to figure it out and felt like we got lackluster responses.

Ive emailed about adding nitrous and was told id get the set up to use...never recieved, i asked about tracking info for down pipes....never recieved.

Some questions you would answer some you wouldnt. Im going a different route now where i feel like i can get better responses, i am a "needy customer" as some would say but im spending money and expect good customer service.

I feel like the customer support was lacking and then no communication after 230ish.

Thanks for your reply but i am going another route.

Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
I didn’t reply any further Jake as you told me you would reschedule with us in your email.
You replied that you would get a fresh tank of fuel and reschedule with us. I took that as we were done for the day and would be hearing from you to reschedule.

I would never leave someone hanging and I don’t feel I did based on you saying you would reschedule with us.
I’m sorry you feel we let you down, but I sat at my laptop the entire session helping as quickly as I could based on the circumstances we were having.
I’m sorry if you feel there was confusion and lack of response, I honestly never left my laptop and responded as quickly as I could.
We have 33 emails back and forth in our session, like I said, maybe it would have been better to talk on the phone instead of email. You are more then welcome to call anytime during the sessions.

We aren’t in the business of taking someone’s money whom isn’t happy with the service. I feel I did my part the best I could and spent 4 hours helping you. But if you don’t feel we did, you are more then welcome to contact Rhonda for a refund and I’ll eat the time I spent with you although I had no control over the poor tank of fuel in the car. I was cautious to protect your engine and once I saw the boostane fixed the knock I wasn’t able to go any farther on your current tank of fuel unless you wanted to use boostane for tuning.
Tim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I didn’t reply any further Jake as you told me you would reschedule with us in your email.
You replied that you would get a fresh tank of fuel and reschedule with us. I took that as we were done for the day and would be hearing from you to reschedule.

I would never leave someone hanging and I don’t feel I did based on you saying you would reschedule with us.
I’m sorry you feel we let you down, but I sat at my laptop the entire session helping as quickly as I could based on the circumstances we were having.
I’m sorry if you feel there was confusion and lack of response, I honestly never left my laptop and responded as quickly as I could.
We have 33 emails back and forth in our session, like I said, maybe it would have been better to talk on the phone instead of email. You are more then welcome to call anytime during the sessions.

We aren’t in the business of taking someone’s money whom isn’t happy with the service. I feel I did my part the best I could and spent 4 hours helping you. But if you don’t feel we did, you are more then welcome to contact Rhonda for a refund and I’ll eat the time I spent with you although I had no control over the poor tank of fuel in the car. I was cautious to protect your engine and once I saw the boostane fixed the knock I wasn’t able to go any farther on your current tank of fuel unless you wanted to use boostane for tuning.
Tim
Thanks for your prompt response on here, i dont feel this is a good fit for me and what im looking for in a tuner. If you want to refund me thats great you should have all of my info for doing that. Thank you for your time.

Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
No problem at all Jake. I’ll eat the 4 hours on my side. The last thing I will ever do is is keep someone’s hard earned money if they feel we let them down. The circumstances with the fuel were out of my control, but if you have decided we aren’t a good fit, that sometimes happens in business/ client relations and I have no hard feelings here. I’d rather end on a positive note with a refund then to have Someone upset over hard earned money spent without the completion of a tuning session.
Rhonda will refund you today and you’re in good hands with Curt as well. Enjoy the power you’ll have as soon as your car is tuned!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
655 Posts
No problem at all Jake. I’ll eat the 4 hours on my side. The last thing I will ever do is is keep someone’s hard earned money if they feel we let them down. The circumstances with the fuel were out of my control, but if you have decided we aren’t a good fit, that sometimes happens in business/ client relations and I have no hard feelings here. I’d rather end on a positive note with a refund then to have Someone upset over hard earned money spent without the completion of a tuning session.
Rhonda will refund you today and you’re in good hands with Curt as well. Enjoy the power you’ll have as soon as your car is tuned!
Class act right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
That is such 🐎-sh!t. This forum needs to stand up and remove Barth if this is in fact true.

@VSAdmin - do you strip vendors who steal money? Just curious if you permit vendors like this on purpose?
Pretty shitty of you to accuse someone of stealing money prior to knowing the WHOLE story. I have known Tim and Rhonda personally for over 15 years and he has tuned/worked on numerous vehicles of mine. The LAST thing Tim would do is steal someone’s money......
SMFH.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
249 Posts
Pretty shitty of you to accuse someone of stealing money prior to knowing the WHOLE story. I have known Tim and Rhonda personally for over 15 years and he has tuned/worked on numerous vehicles of mine. The LAST thing Tim would do is steal someone’s money......
SMFH.
I've had a couple bad experiences on this forum and the admins refuse to interject. @VSAdmin has a responsibility to help forum members if they have issues or are harmed, and they did not interject here or with me.

So based on the OPs comments, yes, it appears his money was stolen, but Barth finally stepped up and cleared the path. If you kept reading you would have seen my further post about miscommunication.

If you post your address I'll send you a cookie for knowing Tim.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts