SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,349 Posts
No problem at all Jake. I’ll eat the 4 hours on my side. The last thing I will ever do is is keep someone’s hard earned money if they feel we let them down. The circumstances with the fuel were out of my control, but if you have decided we aren’t a good fit, that sometimes happens in business/ client relations and I have no hard feelings here. I’d rather end on a positive note with a refund then to have Someone upset over hard earned money spent without the completion of a tuning session.
Rhonda will refund you today and you’re in good hands with Curt as well. Enjoy the power you’ll have as soon as your car is tuned!
Tim, look forward for my redeye HO tuning session. My parts are waiting on me to install then I’ll give Rhonda a shout.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
118 Posts
Tim just did mine and was right in there for all of it. He stepped away to help a remote tune a few times(may have been this one) but was great for us. Nothing against Curt either but don’t be afraid to use Barth at all.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
655 Posts
Tim just did mine and was right in there for all of it. He stepped away to help a remote tune a few times(may have been this one) but was great for us. Nothing against Curt either but don’t be afraid to use Barth at all.
As soon as the weather breaks here in Chicago I will be visiting him. They have a lot of new stuff they are releasing soon. Been teasing on Instagram. Time for a tune and some more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
No problem at all Jake. I’ll eat the 4 hours on my side. The last thing I will ever do is is keep someone’s hard earned money if they feel we let them down. The circumstances with the fuel were out of my control, but if you have decided we aren’t a good fit, that sometimes happens in business/ client relations and I have no hard feelings here. I’d rather end on a positive note with a refund then to have Someone upset over hard earned money spent without the completion of a tuning session.
Rhonda will refund you today and you’re in good hands with Curt as well. Enjoy the power you’ll have as soon as your car is tuned!
Tip my cap to you sir, well played. That spoke volumes. Hope to see you on the track someday.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
243 Posts
Regardless of how it began or ended, it’s what scares me about using a tuner when I cannot be there in-person. Some are successful with remote tuning, but the way my luck runs it wouldn’t be a good experience.

I’m sorry but I have zero patience for “shitty service after the sale”, and that kinda bullshit happens ALL THE TIME.

If I’m working with a shop getting something tune-related on my car the tuner better not hang-up, log-off or walk off and tend to others. Something like that would definitely cause a problem. My time and my money is important, and I’ll be damn if someone else would infringe on either. I don’t give a phuck who they are or how good at tuning they are.

In 2005 I had a $40k heads-up race engine built out of state. Prior to spending a single dollar I made things very clear to my engine builder. I let him know I expected all communication be made by phone calls. No texting and no emails; I want to hear a voice. I also made it clear that I didn’t want anyone else in his shop building or touching the motor. If there was a problem with the build or problem arises at Dyno session I didn’t want any excuses or have to speak to 2-3 different other dudes; I only wanted to speak to him. Dyno day came around. I caught a flight and flew in for the session. That evening I took him and his dyno operator out for a steak dinner. I got the product and customer service I paid for.

So many people are too nice, timid or scared to be confrontational when facts pile up revealing they’re getting phucked over by an individual or business. Usually happens when initial communication is not stated or not understood by both parties.

Anyway, glad to hear some clarity was brought to THIS situation. Good on Tim to offer the refund back to the OP. Curt will definitely get that car running good on 91. Best of luck, OP!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up my first hellcat in October and within a week I needed more. I live at 7000’ elevation and only 91 is available. My thought was to set the car up on readily available e85, upper , lower, injectors etc.
I first called hhp, spoke to them briefly, whoever I spoke with was going to talk to the tuner and give me a call back with a package that will work at elevation.
They never called back so after 3 days I sent Barth tuning an email trying to get some advice. A couple days later I sent a second email to see if they had gotten it. Nothing, no response or any thing from them at all.
At this point I was beyond frustrated. I finally emailed curt at Dusterhoff tuning. He called me within the hour, set me up with his stage 4 package and gave me tons of advice on what I needed to meet my goals. I received the parts the following week. He referred me to a shop he had worked with in the Denver area to do the install and i then set up a time to drop the car off. In that time frame I had tons of questions pop up and he always responded to an email within an hr or two. 2 weeks later I went and picked the car up. Curt remotely tuned it for e70 and also made a flex fuel tune. Car made 904whp on a conservative e70 tune. Cody at Chapman said there was another 80hp in the car but they and curt both wanted to be conservative since our Ethanol is always between e66 and e68.
Long story short I have nothing but good things to say about Curt. Customer service is second to none. As for the other shops they lost out on a chunk of money just bc there service stinks.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
530 Posts
Should have went with Curt from day one, Not gonna bad mouth Barth but people have steered me away from him. Been with curt for 2 years and always get a response even if i ask a pita question.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I picked up my first hellcat in October and within a week I needed more. I live at 7000’ elevation and only 91 is available. My thought was to set the car up on readily available e85, upper , lower, injectors etc.
I first called hhp, spoke to them briefly, whoever I spoke with was going to talk to the tuner and give me a call back with a package that will work at elevation.
They never called back so after 3 days I sent Barth tuning an email trying to get some advice. A couple days later I sent a second email to see if they had gotten it. Nothing, no response or any thing from them at all.
At this point I was beyond frustrated. I finally emailed curt at Dusterhoff tuning. He called me within the hour, set me up with his stage 4 package and gave me tons of advice on what I needed to meet my goals. I received the parts the following week. He referred me to a shop he had worked with in the Denver area to do the install and i then set up a time to drop the car off. In that time frame I had tons of questions pop up and he always responded to an email within an hr or two. 2 weeks later I went and picked the car up. Curt remotely tuned it for e70 and also made a flex fuel tune. Car made 904whp on a conservative e70 tune. Cody at Chapman said there was another 80hp in the car but they and curt both wanted to be conservative since our Ethanol is always between e66 and e68.
Long story short I have nothing but good things to say about Curt. Customer service is second to none. As for the other shops they lost out on a chunk of money just bc there service stinks.
Im also in Colorado

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
What part of Colorado? I’m in the springs but the shop I used was Chapman auto in Arvada. They definitely know their stuff

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
56 Posts
Curt for ever!!!
Im happy with my whipple build at my garage with curt remote tuning and many tech whipple throttle body and electronic questions resolved.
All emails were answered, always get a quick response, I can use the car daily, i have tune for 93 and race fuel without worrying because there is always a great professional like curt behind my laptop.
2 years with Curt!! Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
161 Posts
Tim Barth sucks and blew my motor. should never use that guy again.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Worst experience with barth tuning, switching to curt as we speak. Already having a better experience with curt. If youve had good luck with barth thats great but my experience has been less than ideal and like i am wasting his time during my remote tune session. We started at 9am and it still isnt done and he is non responsive. So ya be weary.
I never used Barth but I had heard some negative reviews via forums so I went with HHP. Unfortunately I did have the same type of experience with HHP sometimes days before I would hear back, very frustrating. Never got the tune finished with them, I just gave up.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
What part of Colorado? I’m in the springs but the shop I used was Chapman auto in Arvada. They definitely know their stuff
Grand junction

·
Registered
17 Posts
sounds to me like impatience and not understanding what goes into tuning. Op had bad fuel so Tim had to diagnose the problem before going forward.

Pretty simple and not his fault.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
sounds to me like impatience and not understanding what goes into tuning. Op had bad fuel so Tim had to diagnose the problem before going forward.

Pretty simple and not his fault.
Ya sure.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts