SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about doing a small build on my 20 hc wb. This is for a 800rwhp and an e85 kit and tune. Let me know please. 馃槅 I was all for it till I saw the labor charges. Any advice would be appreciated.

Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
Like they say, you get what you pay for. That being said, does this guy have others you can ask about his work? If I'm reading that right, it's basically $2100 for a dyno tune? Lastly, $437 is cheap for the plugs since some dealers have wanted $800-ish for them. Considering you'll lose your PT warranty, that's a lot. Does he offer any warranty on parts/labor/PT? Personally, I'd get just a 93 tune and see how it is.

Registered
So it's a pulley, fuel injectors, thermostat, plugs, PCM and cable. And then the tune on the dyno. For $10,500. I don't know if that's high or not because I haven't used a tuner since 2013. Back then, you could do an LS3 engine swap and dyno tune for less than that, but that was then and this is now. Some dynos are huge and difficult to put the car on, which might be why the tune is $2100. I would ensure that the tune leaves no open codes or warning lights to contend with. And hopefully your tuner lives nearby, because there's almost always problems that crop up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's a pulley, fuel injectors, thermostat, plugs, PCM and cable. And then the tune on the dyno. For $10,500. I don't know if that's high or not because I haven't used a tuner since 2013. Back then, you could do an LS3 engine swap and dyno tune for less than that, but that was then and this is now. Some dynos are huge and difficult to put the car on, which might be why the tune is $2100. I would ensure that the tune leaves no open codes or warning lights to contend with. And hopefully your tuner lives nearby, because there's almost always problems that crop up.
It's also an e85 kit and dual fuel pumps

Registered
Is your car a M6? Do you have sentimental value in your current 2020? If the answer is no to both of those things my suggestion if your goal is 800rwhp is to sell your 2020 and buy a Red Eye and just do a pulley/tune. It will cost you a little bit more than the $10K but you will still be under warranty and have a much better platform to build off if you decide you want more down the road. Just my 2 cents but I also fall in the category of not willing to spend that much to only be at 800.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$2.1k for tuning is suspect.
Is your car a M6? Do you have sentimental value in your current 2020? If the answer is no to both of those things my suggestion if your goal is 800rwhp is to sell your 2020 and buy a Red Eye and just do a pulley/tune. It will cost you a little bit more than the $10K but you will still be under warranty and have a much better platform to build off if you decide you want more down the road. Just my 2 cents but I also fall in the category of not willing to spend that much to only be at 800.
It's an auto and I think I'm gonna keep her 4ever seeing that they won't continue to be built much longer.

Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody (destroyer grey)
On my 2019 HC WB, it dyno'd on a Dynojet at 680 whp on a hot/humid day. I'm doing the Incognito lower pulley and a tune and it should get real close to 800 whp on pump 93. The cost is only running me around $1800 all in with the tune and parts. Maybe this would be a good choice for your needs as well if you're wanting about the same whp?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On my 2019 HC WB, it dyno'd on a Dynojet at 680 whp on a hot/humid day. I'm doing the Incognito lower pulley and a tune and it should get real close to 800 whp on pump 93. The cost is only running me around $1800 all in with the tune and parts Maybe this would be a good choice for your needs as well if you're wanting about the same whp?
Thanks bro i really appreciate that info

Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody (destroyer grey)
Thanks bro i really appreciate that info
Anytime bud.

BTW, if you're mechanically inclined at all, the install of the Incognito lower pulley is simple and only takes a about 3 hrs. Below is my cost breakdown.

HPTuners unlock of PCM and access cable $325
Incognito lower pulley (no crank pin) $750
Tune with credits $750

All in all this should give you an idea on the cost (should be under $2k total) to safely make near 800 whp on pump 93, and later on if you want more, you can add in injectors and pumps and get another 80 whp on e85. You really don't need to mess with the upper pulley until you want over 900 whp.

Registered
Challenger SRT 392
$2.1k for tuning is suspect.
I agree! The other fact is that the labor is almost as much as the parts!

Lovellgsxr: You could always call around to get some pricing to compare it to just to see if it's out of line or not. My suggestion would be to call some Good, Reputable builders that have Hellcat experience. I'm sure that there are lots of Folks on here that could give you recommendations to ones that they've had good experiences with.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I think Tim has prices and you can add if you want it installed, you can check his website I know he has a 800hp & 900hp packages a lot of people are very happy with.

Registered
A pulley and a tune for a redeye is 10k?

Registered
A pulley and a tune for a redeye is 10k?
No... The money cost difference between selling a HC and buying a used RE will most likely be a bit more than $10K (probably closer to $20K if going new) but will be a much better platfrom for the OP based off his performance goals.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts